Touchscreen sensibility problems

1. makchaudhary
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2015

makchaudhary , Oct 29, 2015 :
    did you flash...2.0 or 2.0.2 ?

2. Humfrie
    Eclair Oct 29, 2015

Humfrie , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Can this lag issue be fixed with an update? Or should I send the phone back? It is extremely annoying. Not at all enjoying the phone atm

3. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Oct 29, 2015

MiguelPlus , Oct 29, 2015 :
    2.0 but never mind, lag is back. However, there seems te be less lag..
    If I were you, I'd go for a replacement.

makchaudhary likes this.
  4. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Oct 29, 2015

Yes we figured that out a while ago. That's probably why it's hardware related. But It's all just wild guesses. If you want, you can downgrade to 2.0.2 and the lag will be gone. Just don't do an update.

5. fkur2943
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2015

fkur2943 , Oct 29, 2015 :
    You either stay with Oxygen 2.0.2 (Fixed the touch issue,Home button not function, camera sluggish, and fingerprint does not work.)

OR

If you do not like Oxygen OS (like myself)
    For those who still suffers touchscreen issue, here is the fix (at least for me)
    Unlock bootloader,
    Install ROOT
    install TWRP
    Custom ROM
    Right now I am running Resurrection Remix Lolipop 5.1.1 r24. So far, much better than the stock Oxygen.
    Fixes the touch screen issue,
    more customization,
    Battery life is amazing,
    home button works,
    however, the fingerprint does not,
    laser auto focus works.
    Camera app need some work, but it does its job.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/development/rom-resurrection-remix-t3208988

6. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Oct 29, 2015

Personally I love the fingerprint sensor, I don't want to miss it. Tbf, camera works alright now and my battery life was very good.
    Your laser auto focus can't possibly work since they can't get the source code (same with fingerprint)
    This is NOT a fix, we've got to be honest here: There is something wrong with the phone and the only thing we can do is hide it behind older stock ROM or custom ROM. Unless you get another one :/ (still waiting on a reply btw... seems like they forgot about me)

7. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Oct 29, 2015

So far that's all we have in common.

I got mail back by the way... Getting replacement after all. So if you guys want, you can do what I did. If you have any questions about getting a replacement feel free to pm me.

Good luck to all of you guys out there with the same probz!

8. manpreetrox30
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2015

9. emilio.garza
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2015

emilio.garza , Oct 30, 2015 :
    How long will take to get you a replacement?

10. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Oct 31, 2015

MiguelPlus , Oct 31, 2015 :
    First you need to contact Oneplus (I did so via live chat) This takes quite a few minutes. They will make a ticket for you. They will also decide if your ticket is urgent or not. If it's urgent, you might expect a mail in just a few hours. If not, a few days.
    Second stage takes a lot more time: They will arrange a (rather pointless) remote session. You'll probably have to wait over a week before the remote session can begin. The remote session (in our case) will fail.
    Third stage: They will contact you via mail, helping you with the replacement procedure. Sending it back takes 3 days (in my case). Then there will be an inspection, and I suspect it takes another 3 days to receive your fixed/replaced device.

11. egorian
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2015

egorian , Oct 31, 2015 :
    I have the same issue, charging the phone works perfect but discharging is unreliable. Mine is an OPT A2005. I'm thinking some grounding issue with our phones. Maybe other models doesn't have the issue (A2001,A2003, etc).

Which variant do you have?

12. X1y3y2
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2015

X1y3y2 , Oct 31, 2015 :
    i have A2005.. alot of people downgrade back to 2.0.2 or flash to another rom.. the phone works fine.. so im pretty sure its not the hardware

13. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Oct 31, 2015

MiguelPlus , Oct 31, 2015 :
    I believe it was A2005. However, I don't have that one anymore.

14. egorian
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2015

egorian , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Thanks, I'm afraid of a HW issue that was masked somehow on previous version. I'm still thinking about grounding issue because using a case makes the problem worse.

If you don't mind maybe you could verify on the Google Store. Also will be very helpful to know the new variant you will receive to know if it has a better behavior.

15. 0leg
    Donut Oct 31, 2015

0leg , Oct 31, 2015 :
    I wonder how many people have this issue.

This issue was reported by the owners of all 3 regional variants. Just read this thread.

MiguelPlus likes this.
  16. xandery
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2015

xandery , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Have gone through the whole remote session stuff, being on 2.0.2 completely breaks my home button. Being on 2.1.1 gives me the touchscreen problems. Support have told me now to just wait for patches which seems like a useless response, will be seeking replacement, it's ridiculous so many people have these issues.

17. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Nov 1, 2015

MiguelPlus , Nov 1, 2015 :
    exactly, variants don't make the difference.
    Are you kidding? They told you to wait for a patch? When did you do the remote session? It could be however, that they are using devices that have been send back (incl. mine) to find a patch, so you don't have to send it back n stuff, and as they said, just wait for the patch. Just a theorie.

18. makchaudhary
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2015

makchaudhary , Nov 1, 2015 :
    They are going to bring lag fix in the next OTA.
    I have read many places....my be true.
    So that will be a patch.
    Hopefully coming in coming weekend.

19. 0leg
    Donut Nov 1, 2015

0leg , Nov 1, 2015 :
    Woot, really?
    Couldn't find it, can you please post a URL?

20. iainchan97
    Donut Nov 1, 2015

iainchan97 , Nov 1, 2015 :
    Could you please teach me how to flash it back to 2.0.2? I'm dying to check whether I still have the problem with 2.0.2