Touchscreen sensibility problems

1. makchaudhary
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2015

makchaudhary , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Have patience....They are providing one OTA per month approx...thats more than enough.
    Even iPhone is having bugs in their OTA...Touch ID crash,...Hang...Screen Blackout...On screen lines ...in their Beta iOS 9.1(Now tell me...will you buy iPhone?)
    OnePlsu people know well that there is some problem in this regarding touch, because of so many complains.
    We will get it sort out soon...just wait for the next OTA.

2. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Nov 5, 2015

MiguelPlus , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Just got word that my oneplus is being inspected. They are probably tiering up my baby :eek:
    So yeah, they might find the fix you all wait for :)

3. Aiur
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2015

Aiur , Nov 5, 2015 :
    You have a new private message. I don't know if you can buy it with another email...

Noizychild likes this.
  4. makchaudhary

Gud to know...also please update us with the root cause, analysis and result.
    Thanks!!

5. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Nov 5, 2015

MiguelPlus , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Sorry, what exactly do you mean with the "root cause"? English isn't my native language after all :/

6. makchaudhary

Root Cause: Main reason of touch screen issue...whatever the OnePlus guys will tell you.

7. lucasuijtt
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2015

8. MiguelPlus
    Froyo Nov 6, 2015

MiguelPlus , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Yes ofcourse! You can flash any OTA at any time you want.

edit: there will be a notification saying that you can install the newest OTA. You'll just have to ignore that for the time being.

9. Rishabh sehgal
    Eclair Nov 6, 2015

10. Tobias91
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2015

11. egorian
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2015

egorian , Nov 6, 2015 :
    The strangest thing is that it does not seem that all users are affected by this issue on 2.1.1. So it could be a bad batch (HW issue) that arose with this latest version of the software (the previous version have some patch that mask the HW issue).

It would be nice to keep having feedback from you guys that already have gone thru the CS calvary.

12. egorian
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2015

egorian , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Finally I decided to downgrade to 2.0.2 (when I received the phone it automatically got to 2.1.1) to test it, the touchscreen is very responsive in this version. No lag on the keyboard and also very responsive when scrolling (eg. Webpages, facebook).

Still debating between a SW issue and a HW issue.

13. makchaudhary
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2015

makchaudhary , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Also... i am able to install those app which were not compatible with fone when it was on 2.1.1

2.0.2 is pretty good...but... camera app is recognizably slower than 2.1.1

14. @ds
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2015

@ds , Nov 10, 2015 :
    well, I just went through recomended factory reset by OP support team, and it messed up the phone even more :D now bluetooth is acting up as well as screen :(

15. egorian
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2015

egorian , Nov 10, 2015 :
    I tried to Wipe Data and Cache on 2.1.2 with no success. You can try to downgrade your phone to 2.0.2.

16. @ds
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2015

17. egorian
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2015

egorian , Nov 10, 2015 :
    I know what you feel. I'm feeling the same. This touchscreen issue and I'm also having issues with Google Hangouts speakerphone mode (there's echo because OPT doesn't activate the noise reduction). I'm trying to replace my "old" Nexus 5 for the OPT but with this issues is not completely possible (also already have Marshmallow on my N5).

18. @ds
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2015

@ds , Nov 10, 2015 :
    I need dual sim phone, so nexus is not an option, and I do love the fingerprint reader on op2, so I hope for sw fix or replacement phone :)

19. egorian
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2015

egorian , Nov 10, 2015 :
    Precisely the dual SIM option was the main reason for me to bought this phone, but I was expecting to have a good overall experience. I was set to sacrify the Qi Charger, the fast charge (the N5 charges in about 1 hour using a 2.4 Amps charger) and the NFC but at least having good experience with the basics of the phone (a responsive touchscreen, voice communication, videoconferencing, etc).

Before I didn't mind about the fingerprint reader, now I totally love it but it isn't enough to balance the issues.

As you, I'm hoping about a SW fix.

20. @ds
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2015

@ds , Nov 10, 2015 :
    My fear is that it is not sw related, but We will see :) op2 is almost perfect phone, I do not use NFC, so no problem there, charging is not half bad bud as you say, fast charging would be nice addition, as would be wireles charging :) but those I can live without, when I am at work I charge 2 times a day, so maybe battery drain could be improved by sw fix at least :)