Display

Touchscreen stopped working on one plus 7 pro and green line from top to bottom

1. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 2, 2019

G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH, Jun 2, 2019 :
    Issue: Touchscreen stopped working on one plus 7 pro and green line from top to bottom

Troubleshoots performed:
    1) Tried hard rebooting using volume up and power, the same issue after boot
    2) tried to enter recovery mode, but unable to type in the password

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019

2. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 2, 2019

3. LarsNK Froyo Jun 2, 2019

LarsNK, Jun 2, 2019 :
    Same happend to my OP7P.
    startes getting green lines and flickering. Now when I press power button I get a black screen and then an all green pixelated background.
    View attachment 1029285

4. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 2, 2019

what is the oxygen OS version, that you are using ?
    My plans are taking it to the service centre tomorrow, i will update this thread based on the technician update.

5. LarsNK Froyo Jun 2, 2019

6. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 2, 2019

7. LarsNK Froyo Jun 2, 2019

LarsNK, Jun 2, 2019 :
    I can't as phone is completely unusable. I get the green screen as soon as I power on the phone. I did manage to do a complete factory reset before the problem got as bad as it is now. But my experience when it comes to graphical issues like lines and flickering on the display is that it's almost always a hardware fault. I will be sending my phone back and then my service provider whom I bought it through will make the call whether to replace the entire unit or repair it.

8. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 2, 2019

Please let us know if the device was replaced or repaired [e]1f60a[/e]

9. LarsNK Froyo Jun 2, 2019

10. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 3, 2019

hairygeek and kevinplus2 like this.
  11. hairygeek Donut Jun 3, 2019

hairygeek, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I am having issues with the upper left or right-hand corners going dead to touch after a few hours of use. A simple restart fixes the issue. This started on day 3 of ownership and after 50 minutes on chat with support, he just told me to restart the phone. Now they want me to send my brand new phone in for repair, which is not acceptable. I need a phone for work. How did you get them to replace your phone?

12. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 3, 2019

G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I went to the service center and shared the issue that I was facing, they requested for the invoice copy. The invoice was within 10 days of purchase date: the manager mentioned that if any hardware faulty issue occurs btw 10 days then they can replace the unit and if more than 10 days they suggested a repair. Please make sure you carry the bill, box, phone and the charger and make sure you reset/ backup the phone before surrendering it.

let the service professionals take care of your phone.

Also my best suggestion would be to try resetting or update your phone to a stable firmware.

13. hairygeek Donut Jun 3, 2019

hairygeek, Jun 3, 2019 :
    Thanks. I just got off the phone with them and this service rep said that I can do a replacement because I was within 15 days of purchase. I asked why the rep yesterday told me I had to do a repair. The first rep said that they did not do replacements. Still a little annoyed, but I am happy that they are replacing the bad device.

14. peashooter Cupcake Jun 3, 2019

peashooter, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I have the exact same problem. You can see a small green light on the touch screen in the top right when you push the power button. On a chat call with support now, and they have no clue

15. hairygeek Donut Jun 3, 2019

hairygeek, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I don't have a green light on the screen. Touch just stops working in the upper right or left-hand corner.

16. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 3, 2019

share some pics of the display so others can provide their feedback too

17. Bichigo Cupcake Jun 3, 2019

Bichigo, Jun 3, 2019 :
    Man I pre-ordered and it is on it's way and I'm getting really discouraged with all these threads.. sigh

IlLegendlI likes this.
  18. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 3, 2019

hope they rectify this issue soon.

19. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 3, 2019

20. G_Sridhar_Bheeman_lJRH Eclair Jun 3, 2019