Trade-In Issue

1. P1570331875711
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2021

P1570331875711 , Jul 28, 2021 :
    I went to trade in my OP 7 Pro, and I kept getting a Parameter Error whenever I would click on the "Confirm" button. Any suggestions?

jscj04 and S1576735681497 like this.
  2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 28, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jul 28, 2021 :
    I think all you can do is get into contact with support on their website.

good luck!

McJader likes this.
  3. P1570331875711
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2021

P1570331875711 , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Thanks for the insight! They wanted me to post on the community pages to see about getting it fixed, so here we are haha! I will just try again on another claim and see what we get.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  4. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 29, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Seems we csm perform miracles according to CS

@dsmonteiro, what's this all about? Care to elaborate?

McJader likes this.
  5. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 29, 2021

McJader , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Of course we can.:D

Bobbie63 likes this.
  6. S1565670806030
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2021

7. Klocker13
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2021

Klocker13 , Jul 29, 2021 :
    same issue here i feel like this was a bait and switch on my purchase of my 8T this week as they added a $50 bonus for trade in and now you cannot redeem it. CS just says it's being worked on but I have read in another thread in feedback /suggestions that it has been ongoing issue for over 2 weeks.

I bought the phone based on a trade in cost so i really hope they can allow us to process our promised trade in values before it expires.

nonsense- i may just return the phone within the 15 days if not fixed and get a Pixel 6

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021

8. P1570331875711
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2021

P1570331875711 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I think I'm going to ship it back and just wait it out. My 7 Pro will get my by just fine. Thanks everyone!

9. Klocker13
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2021

Klocker13 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    a post on another section mentions that a 1+ supervisor said trade ins are being held until the 15 day return period is up to avoid people processing trade ins, returning the phones and causing refund nightmares. makes sense but wish they would just say that up front (if true)

10. toshmx
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2021

toshmx , Aug 4, 2021 :
    I'm having the same issue, and I got the same response from customer support (i.e. "post the issue on the forum so the web development team get it noticed and fixes the issue"). Please help!

11. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 4, 2021 :
    @Adam Krisko , is there anything you can do. This seems to be going on for weeks now and still no solution is given. People start turning in circles and nobody picks it up. “OnePlus CS” seems not able to give feedback to the responsible at OnePlus and refer to the forums. Next they post here and it doesn’t get picked up. (Which is obvious, because I’m told this community isn’t an official support channel) So besides these people want to get their issue solved, what is expected from this community?

Starcommander and McJader like this.
  12. avantaudi
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2021

avantaudi , Aug 6, 2021 :
    Anyone have success with confirming a trade in? I keep getting parameter error.

13. S1576735681497
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2021

S1576735681497 , Aug 8, 2021 :
    I'm also having the same issue, and got the same response from customer support (i.e. "post the issue on the forum so the web development team get it noticed and fixes the issue").

I showed the CS to this thread and they've stopped replying. Has anyone able to successfully process the trade in after 15 days?

Thanks!

14. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 8, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 8, 2021 :
    So I'm gonna try to tag a moderator and see if that helps, the first two @dsmonteiro and @Adam Krisko seems to not have worked, maybe @keithnyc knows what to do?

Is anyone able to help these people?

keithnyc and McJader like this.
  15. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 8, 2021

dsmonteiro , Aug 8, 2021 :
    Sorry, I missed your first tag. I'll share this with CS so that the agents in question can be trained about this (not asking users to post about platform issues in the community). As I mentioned before, users are supposed to be instructed to post I'm the Feedback section for software issues with their phones but this is not the case.

As for the issue itself, I'll raise it with the e-com team.

16. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 8, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 8, 2021 :
    I noticed a certain increase of tags that don't work tbh, yesterday I even didn't receive a notification of someone who replied to one of my posts. So maybe that's another thing that should be looked into

You said you'll inform CS to instruct their agents to not advise people to post on the forums, that's fine but will they also instruct them what to do in cases like this. This specific case is about people who can't order a new device and is less about software issues with their phone.

Let's be realistic, some of the people that posted here are new to the forums and probably didn't even know about its existence. All they want is to order a new phone and add a trade in to their order. If that doesn't function, the first you do is contact support to get your issues solved. If next you get the message from them just to post here on the forums, it is very obvious to me they choose a similar thread to post in, wherever or whatever section it's in. You can't expect a new member to first figure out how these forums works and where to post what. All they want it to order a new phone without, to use your words, "jump many hoops".

"Customer support should be personal. Every customer should feel like they’re involved in a one-to-one conversation with a business, not filing a one-off support ticket that isn’t treated as part of a broader relationship. As a business, this requires responding within a reasonable period of time honestly, personally and proactively"

This is a sentence that's one of the basics of support and I hope agent's not just get instructed what not to do but also what they should do (that is get the customers issues solved instead of redirecting them and give feedback internally to the proper authorities if they can't solve it themselves).

But you know my opinion as this isn't the first time I posted a reaction. :rolleyes:

17. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Aug 10, 2021

keithnyc , Aug 10, 2021 :
    will follow up with user as well....thanks for the tag

18. Klocker13
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2021

Klocker13 , Aug 11, 2021 :
    oh geez now the link says "we have shipped your device back to you since we didnt receive confirmation in 14 days"

wth?

I never sent it because they never let me process it!

customer support through email has been useless

McJader likes this.
  19. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 11, 2021 :
    If it wasn't for the fact this is about your trade in an money involved, this almost sounds funny.

@dsmonteiro, you might want to inform the e com team about this also. Maybe some other departments as it almost look an imaginary device has been received, booked and sent back......