Trade-in Prices and eligible devices Issue #100

1. Gino Guillermo
    Donut Apr 5, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Hi.

I'm currently a user of a OnePlus 8T. I'll make this short.

PLEASE include the 8T in your pre-order or launch trade-in eligible devices for the OnePlus 9/9 Pro as it is not included for some unknown reason.

Also, PLS improve your trade-in prices for similar (in specs and in price range) devices such as Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, Oppo & Realme phones. Currently (and for the past 12 months) your trade-in prices are the most pathetic in the industry. I know because I have been monitoring them at least twice a month.

I have made these suggestions thru the forums and social media in the past but NOTHING has been done.

Last thing, PLS kindly fix the white balance, HDR, video stabilization, zoom, autofocus & night mode of your 8T's front camera. The selfie camera may need a bit of further optimisation.

Please kindly see to it. Thanks

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 5, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Most trade ins will not be at market price, and the value can also be determined by the condition of the device traded in.

You may get more for your phone on the second hand market in your region. Hopefully they will add an option for the 8T trade in soon.

As for phone issues you mentioned. Best to query that in the support thread for 8T, also do a search for similar issues, some threads and replies may have suggestions for you to try.

3. Gino Guillermo
    Donut Apr 5, 2021

Caomhin likes this.
  4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 5, 2021

5. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021 at 7:41 PM

Serbian Overlord , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:41 PM :
    That's a pretty cool way of deflecting what Gino was saying. He's not talking about second hand market or platforms like eBay, Swappa, etc. He's talking about OEM-backed trade-in programs. Go on Samsung's website, or Apple's and compare trade-in values with offers from OP. Abysmal and ridiculous. And don't tell me it's because they're bigger and OP is a small company, don't even go there. They were never small to begin with, they're owned by the biggest electronics conglomerate in China, if not the entire world.

6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 8, 2021 at 7:48 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:48 PM :
    Any trade in with any company will be only a fraction of what you get on the open market. This is a known quantity. And these trade ins are usually done through a third party company. That's the same for all Android manufacturers.

You will never get the market value. Nothing you or I say will change that. Even secondary markets on the high Street won't give you market price as they have to factor in their markup.

Always better to sell your phone directly. You will get a better price.

7. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 8, 2021 at 7:51 PM

sfomin , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:51 PM :
    i dont agree with you based on my experience with samsung. They gave me $200 for a cracked screen Note8 when i was buying the Note20. Market rate for a mint Note8 was/is $200.

Brother also ordered the Note20 2 weeks ago, and he got $550 for his S10... Market rate is about $450.

i do think that samsung does offer more when you preorder or at launch of new phones.
    For example, they offer $200 trade in credit for Note8 when you buy Note20, and $250 if you buy S21.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:01 PM

luigimario likes this.
  8. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 8, 2021 at 7:52 PM

luigimario , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:52 PM :
    This is true but what @Serbian Overlord and the OP are saying is that what OP offers on trade-ins is a much lower dollar value than what Samsung and Apple will give you for their devices.

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  9. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 8, 2021 at 7:53 PM

luigimario , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:53 PM :
    +1

Samsung is King! :cool::p

sfomin likes this.
  10. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021 at 7:54 PM

Serbian Overlord , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:54 PM :
    No one (except you) is talking about market values. Samsung trade-in offer for XZY phone is $300. That SAME EXACT phone trade-in value through OnePlus is $130.

luigimario likes this.
  11. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 8, 2021 at 7:55 PM

sfomin , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:55 PM :
    samsung is king in buying back their devices for top notch money :D :cool:

they probably disassemble them, and sell the parts to oneplus to use on their next phone. :rolleyes:

luigimario likes this.
  12. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 8, 2021 at 7:55 PM

luigimario , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:55 PM :
    I think brands offer more for their own phones. So a fair comparison would be to say that OP offers much less for its own devices than Samsung does for theirs.

Serbian Overlord and sfomin like this.
  13. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 8, 2021 at 7:56 PM

luigimario , Apr 8, 2021 at 7:56 PM :
    OnePlus Note 9 Pro 5G QWERTY! :rolleyes:

sfomin likes this.
  14. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021 at 7:59 PM

luigimario likes this.
  15. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 8, 2021 at 8:07 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 8, 2021 at 8:07 PM :
    Best to contact OnePlus directly. All users here, so suggestions here won't have any impact

Send your suggestions directly to OnePlus and see what they come back with.

Community App Feedback tool
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

luigimario and sfomin like this.
  16. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 8, 2021 at 8:10 PM

luigimario , Apr 8, 2021 at 8:10 PM :
    Don't know why you're dodging the discussion, but whatever. @sfomin and I aren't idiots, we know how the forum works. :)

sfomin likes this.