Trade in program/customer service experience

1. Cheunkz Cupcake Jul 5, 2019

Cheunkz, Jul 5, 2019 :
    I had recently experienced the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

I was participating in the trade in program. Which I requested a trade in package for the promotion ($250). It took the 3rd party 5 days to send the kit out. I had sent in my phone for the voucher option due to the promotion ending June 30th. Which requires 15 days before you can claim the cashback. I took this option, while my phone plan was still activate, losing about a month of usage.

After I had sent out my device. I had then received a value of $0 due to activation lock. The phone was factory reset, unattached to google, and purchased from Oneplus(I had logged on and confirmed everything worked, then factory reset again). I had been told it was due to an activation lock issue.

I then contacted Oneplus customer service. I was talking to a service rep. I was trying to determine what the lock they claimed was on the device as I would be in exactly the same situation if I had received the phone back without a clue of what the lock was. After being told they could no get any information as they do not have direct contact with their 3rd party trade in partner(Phobio). I had requested a manger/supervisor. They ensured my that they would find out more details and contact me within 24 hours. I had not heard from them so I had called back. Same scenario with no additional information, promised to call back in 24 hours/send and email update. I did not get contacted. I called in again the next day and was told that there was no way for me to be transferred to a manager/supervisor. So who did I speak to last call? They said a management staff will contact me within an hour. Nothing. I called back again the next day. I had adamantly requested to speak to a supervisor/manager, was told they don't do it that way. After a while of back and forth the rep had talked to the Manager/Supervisor however they were too busy to answer and would call me back. Again nothing.

I'm astonished how much lying there is within this company and how much information they do not have with their trade in partners. Unfortunately, this has not been solved I think due to the trade in promotion being reduced back down to the normal amount($120). This was probably the plan to ensure that I would not be able to get the $250 trade in value.

Is this how a company operates? lying to their customers and giving them the hardest time possible to get any information. A week after I had enough.

I just want anyone else thinking about using the trade in program, or any other promotions/issues they have to expect this treatment as they don't seem to care about their customers at all.

Thank you for reading if you got this far.

2. meatandy Oreo Jul 5, 2019

3. Cheunkz Cupcake Jul 12, 2019

Cheunkz, Jul 12, 2019 :
    Just wanted to give an update.

OnePlus has literally a large lack of Customer Support/Concern for it's customers. I had decided just to receive the phone back. I immediately posted it for sale when I received it back.

I had just sold the phone the same condition I had received from OnePlus stating there was a lock on the phone. The Person I sold it to logged into his/her account on the phone with no issues.

I believe this was an attempt to not redeem the trade in credit for $250 as the promotion expired which my phone was being "inspected for trading in".

Thank you

P.S. I do not believe Ruby G had even bothered to look at the thread.

mcmpick and T1541473384698 like this.
  4. T1541473384698 Cupcake Jul 20, 2019

Cheunkz likes this.
  5. mcmpick Froyo Jul 20, 2019

Cheunkz and T1541473384698 like this.
  6. F_John_Hendo_Henderson_J Cupcake Jul 22, 2019

F_John_Hendo_Henderson_J, Jul 22, 2019 :
    One plus is full of crap on the trade in program....bait and caught me....I wish they were just up front and not lying to customers.....the dishonesty make me hate OnePlus as a whole and I don't care how fast this phone is.... loyalty is everything...now Everytime I'm on this phone I'm disgusted..I know I'm not the only one feeling this way....I can go back to my apple device that they say was not if any value...lll be getting out of this device as soon as my phone is sent to me in Kuwait...I'm in the service and don't have time for this shit overseas....but you best believe if I was stateside this would have been resolved...

7. theohara Donut Jul 23, 2019

theohara, Jul 23, 2019 :
    OnePlus Customer Service is still the worst one I have ever experienced. I am a supporter since day one (I was amongst the first users to own a OnePlus One) and could understand the poor customer support then, when they were just a start-up, but to this day they have not improved. For the last 6 weeks, I have been trying to trade-in my old OnePlus phone in the OP 7 Pro trade-in program - the phone was evaluated for less than half than my initial evaluation and they refuse to tell me why this is or propose an alternate solution, like covering for the difference in quotations (which is a whopping $40, goes to show how much they value their customers). They have amazing products, but if you value customer support quality (and do not wish to contact them every three days, after they fail to update you on your case, as they always promise they would), stay away from this company.