Other

Trade in Program

1. Defiant2005 Gingerbread Jun 7, 2019

Defiant2005, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Feel I got stung.
    One of the reason I bought the OnePlus 7 Pro is the company has on their site trade in your old device.
    I have a OnePlus 6, not scratch fully loaded and they gave me a price that look good..... on May 24 !!!

Since then no more email, no box to send in my OnePlus 6 ....
    I called OnePlus twice the last time a few days ago and still go no confirmation the box is coming, and no box.

How long is the offer they sent me good ?
    Should be good until the OnePlus is sent it ?

I got no shipping information for my package to box up my OnePlus 6, this can hardly be my fault ?

2. Defiant2005 Gingerbread Jun 10, 2019

Defiant2005, Jun 10, 2019 :
    Ok it is now two weeks since I submitted a trade.
    The email says good for 30 days from May 23 2019

Maybe they plan on ignoring me, no sending me a trade in kit and in less than two weeks say we cancelled your offer because "You did not send us your old Phone". Not happy I will try and call OnePlus again today.

3. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Jun 10, 2019

Gav_W86, Jun 10, 2019 :
    Only OnePlus can tell you what is happening, try calling them,

4. iamyoezus Donut Jun 10, 2019

iamyoezus, Jun 10, 2019 :
    I would call them or maybe even contact them on Twitter. My trade in went super smoothly. Probably just an oversight in their system.

5. Defiant2005 Gingerbread Jun 17, 2019

Defiant2005, Jun 17, 2019 :
    As an update the should be completing the evaluation of my old device soon.
    Took longer than I like

6. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 17, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 17, 2019 :
    You better pray they don't steal your phone.
    I sent in my Oneplus 5T thinking I was going to get $200 for it.
    They received my phone, changed the amount to $0 and then never returned my phone.
    That was over 2 weeks ago now.
    I've been trying to get an answer from support, they always promise to get an answer and call me back but never do.
    They literally stole or misplaced my phone and refuse to address or acknowledge the situation.
    One Plus is a bunch of liars and thieves. I will never ever buy another product from this company ever again.

7. theohara Donut Jul 23, 2019

theohara, Jul 23, 2019 :
    OnePlus Customer Service is still the worst one I have ever experienced. I am a supporter since day one (I was amongst the first users to own a OnePlus One) and could understand the poor customer support then, when they were just a start-up, but to this day they have not improved. I have been trying to trade-in my old OnePlus phone in the OP 7 Pro trade-in program - the phone was evaluated for less than half than my initial evaluation and they refuse to tell me why this is or propose an alternate solution, like covering for the difference in quotations (which is a whopping $40, goes to show how much they value their customers). They have amazing products, but if you value customer support quality (and do not wish to contact them every three days, after they fail to update you on your case, as they always promise they would), stay away from this company.

8. S1540987544556 Cupcake Jul 25, 2019

S1540987544556, Jul 25, 2019 :
    I submitted my OnePlus 6T for the trade in program and it was accepted. On June 26th I got an email that the cash back was on its way. When it was overdue more than 3 weeks I contacted their customer service. My trade in record on the website says paid, but I have not received any form of payment. I have been going around in circles with them for a week now. I keep asking them to check their detailed records to see how they sent me a payment. At first they asked me for my bank account records to show that I have not received a payment. I never gave OnePlus any bank account information, so I do not know what they were talking about, maybe they do this in other countries, but they never asked for this in the trade in application process. I explained that I paid by credit card and again asked them to check their detailed records, they surely must have a record of how they supposedly sent my cash back. Their customer service has been a nightmare, they only send back the same statement over and over, that the record shows as paid. They do not seem to be able to (or refuse to) offer any proof of payment. My frustration level is off the charts as I always thought OnePlus was a reputable company, but at this point their customer service has no interest in treating this as a reputable concern.

EDIT 7-30-19 OnePlus has credited my Visa account and the issue is resolved. They have restored my faith in the company.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019

9. Franzie3 Donut Jul 29, 2019

Franzie3, Jul 29, 2019 :
    I had the absolute worst experience with the trade in program. I was quoted at $150 for an old iPhone 7 i had, i then get a rebuddle of $110 when nothing was wrong. it was a 32Gb iPhone 7. it was flawless. When i asked why, i got an answer of "the phone sent was not what was received" i asked for specifics and no one can give me any. After the 13th day i went to just accept the offer but then could not and thus the offer expired and apparently the device is being sent back to me. I have no indication yet that it was sent back, tracking emails, nothing. I was in constant support calls and emails with OnePlus but no one ever replied to me or seem like they cared. it really left a sore spot on me with OnePlus asa comapny. the customer support is surely lacking.