Other Transfer files (photos/videos) to mac

1. tayloradam82
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2018

tayloradam82 , Jan 21, 2018 :
    Hi,

I have a stock one plus 3T. All my photos and videos auto backup to Google photos. I do have an additional few TB network drive at home which I would like to transfer my family photos and videos to for safe keeping, and also because my phone is now full.

Pretty sure i used to just connect my phone to my mac with a usb cable, choose 'transfer files' as the answer to the 'use usb to' question that pops up on the one plus 3t. However, now, regardless of what option i choose (transfer files/transfer photos) nothing happens.

Can anyone advise how i can get the files from my phone to my mac?

Thanks in advance!

2. shresth_kumar
    Froyo Jan 21, 2018

shresth_kumar , Jan 21, 2018 :
    You can easily do it via usb. But as u are facing difficulty try share it app. it is easy and pretty fast too.

3. tayloradam82
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2018

Thanks Shresth. If it's easy to do, what am i doing wrong? i've also just enabled developer mode and still no joy.

4. tayloradam82
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2018

PS
    Have now tried that app - no joy. From the reviews it sounds like its very hit and miss.

Does anyone have any ideas? Surely It should be a standard feature to want to take your own content off of your own phone?

5. shresth_kumar
    Froyo Jan 21, 2018

shresth_kumar , Jan 21, 2018 :
    make sure you have opted share files via usb on your op3....if still no results....then install driver of op3 on your mac....then connect via usb and transfer the files.

6. tayloradam82
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2018

Thanks again, where can i get the drivers from please? i've done a search but just seem to be going round in circles of adverts...

7. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Jan 21, 2018

Nick 59 , Jan 21, 2018 :
    You could download/install 'Android File Transfer' onto the Mac. That should do the trick, if not, how much data are we talking about as I have another (clumsy) alternative. [e]263a[/e]️

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  8. tayloradam82
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

tayloradam82 , Jan 22, 2018 :
    Hi, yes i've got that already - thank you. I just get an error when it loads up, says to restart my phone, which i've done. Tried two different USB cables as well.

Data wise, all of my photos and videos, which takes up most of the space on my phone (128gb). interested to hear your suggestion though.

9. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2018

Lancelot_69 , Jan 22, 2018 :
    Android transfer works on my Mac. Not to suggest anything but you have developers options? Allow usb debugging? Your Mac is updated? When you connect to Mac phone is on, not locked, and you pull down the icon to switch to media file transfer then open Android file transfer. Forgot about the driver's! Are they installed?

10. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Jan 22, 2018

Nick 59 , Jan 22, 2018 :
    Not a particularly sophisticated or elegant option but you could zip them up into several zip files and email them to yourself.
    If you really can't get get transferred over USB then at least you will be able to get them onto the Mac so you can delete from phone. Please don't flame me for this peeps. I know it is not ideal but, in an emergency, it would, at least work. [e]263a[/e]️

11. script
    Nougat Moderator Jan 22, 2018

script , Jan 22, 2018 :
    I have the same problem with my older Mac. I solved it like this (took me ages, but worked) I uploaded all pics from my phone to my Google drive, then downloaded them from Google drive to the Mac.

I know it's stupid, but it works, and you don't need any apps.

Nick 59 likes this.
  12. PiyushArvindParmar
    Donut Jan 23, 2018

PiyushArvindParmar , Jan 23, 2018 :
    There are multiple ways to do this

1. Connect your phone via USB then Unlock your phone and select File transfer. A icon will appear on desktop or in Finder. It has Application name Android File Transfer as suggested by many. You don't need to download it.

2. Select Photo transfer mode and open Photos app to import all your photos into Photo Library.

3. Use ShareIt app and download it from App Store only for security reasons.

4. Using OTG cable and Thumb Drive. Connect OTG to phone and transfer your content to Thumb Drive then connect that drive to Mac.

Nick 59 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  13. I1552033121146
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2019

I1552033121146 , Mar 8, 2019 :
    I have been having this same problem!!!! Drove me crazy.
    But since i'm using the original cable that came with the phone, it's working again.
    (I'm choosing "transfer photos" instead of "transfer files").

14. R1589967451685
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

R1589967451685 , May 21, 2020 :
    Android File Transfer is one of the best Apps to transfer photos from Android to Mac. It makes file sharing between Android and Mac devices easy.It is great at the transfer of photographs.