Transform yourself with the 21-Day Zen Transformation

1. Giriprasath
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2019

Giriprasath , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 10, 2019 :
    You have to activate Zen mode within this time you've set. You'll receive a notification exactly at 10PM "IT'S 1TH DAY OF CHALLENGE" something like that. You have to expand that notification and tap on "TURN ON" zen mode. After zen mode timer is complete you should never touch your mobile again until the day completed i.e 12AM. If you use your mobile phone even after zen timer completed you'll fail. If you don't want to lose activate the zen mode at 11:45 PM. so that when zen timer completes you'll be at 12:05 AM and you'll successfully complete the challenge.

suraj1595 and MasterSkills29 like this.
  2. MarkkuKO , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Nov 10, 2019 :
    Yeah I've gotten the notification and it seems I've done everything like you told. However, I don't really understand the part "If you use your mobile phone even after zen timer completed you'll fail." For how long after completing zen mode am I not supposed to use my phone? What if I wake up at 3am to look at the time and then continue sleeping? I rarely do that but I've still always gotten the fail message. This must be a bug or something, I don't understand what am I doing wrong.

3. Giriprasath
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2019

Giriprasath , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Using phone at 3AM is not an issue. Up To 12AM you must not use. Suppose you turn on Zen mode at 10:20PM for 20 minutes, after Zen mode completes at 10:40 PM, you're not supposed to use your phone even for a second until 12AM. You should not even press the power button or double tap on lock screen to view any notification or even to check the time. But Use can use it from 12:01 AM up to any time, no issues.

Many people believe they just need to activate Zen mode between the target time of 10 to 12 to complete the challenge. But No. Once zen mode is activated for that day, even if zen timer ends you're not supposed to touch your phone until the day ends (i.e until 12AM). But you fail even after doing everything perfectly fine as I said then might be a bug. Try clearing Storage for Zen app then try again.

suraj1595 and MasterSkills29 like this.
  4. MarkkuKO , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Yeah, I'm now sure it's a bug. Last night I took the challenge again and put zen mode on at 11.10pm. I didn't touch my phone until 7.15am, and I had still gotten the fail notification from ZZZen. The notification showed 7h ago so I guess the notification had came at 12am. I'll try clearing the storage of the Zen Mode app and then try again I guess... Thanks for your help anyways :)

Giriprasath likes this.
  5. F1545848780058
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2019

6. TheJudge_
    Donut Nov 12, 2019

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019

Crystal Z. likes this.
  7. enomiller
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2019

enomiller , Nov 12, 2019 :
    this zen mode is the most annoying thing on the one plus phone series. I'm a driver and use my phone a lot. I don't need to feel guilty everyday when I'm told I'm using my phone too much. I do 10hr shifts so getting a reminder that I'm using it too much after 2hrs is really annoying. please make it so I can delete it from my device

8. H1540991599047
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2019

H1540991599047 , Nov 13, 2019 :
    You can configure it in settings
    You can change time after notification appears, or even disable this kind of notification

enomiller likes this.
  9. Flying Jesus
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2019

Flying Jesus , Nov 14, 2019 :
    The challenge automatically results in a failure even after updating zen mode to the latest version more than once... Issue has been existing since this thread came into existence and still hasn't been resolved.

Poor response from the team. :(

suraj1595 likes this.
  10. suraj1595
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2019

11. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 15, 2019

Crystal Z. likes this.
  12. __rahul__
    Donut Nov 15, 2019

Mustasim likes this.
  13. Mustasim
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2019

14. Mustasim
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2019

15. Giriprasath
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

Giriprasath , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 15, 2019 :
    For some among us who think/blame Technology for having a negative effect on people's life Zen mode is a great reminder that Technology is just an amazing TOOL and it's up to us on how we use it.

The challenge is so hard. I failed for three(or four) times.

1st attempt I was so Energetic and made progress for 13 days but failed on 14th day...

I never thought something as simple as going to bed early will be this hard. But now I'm at sixteenth day and I can see changes. I used to sleep only after 1AM due to studies and being a little insomniac. Earlier no matter whatever breathing exercise I do, or counting numbers or ASMR sounds I listen to I'll never sleep before 1 and be rolling in my bed. But now I feel dozy/sleepy at around 11PM itself.

I was using zen mode earlier only for my studies and never thought it would help me change my lifestyle pattern.

Now as I go to sleep early and do my studies in the morning sitting in the balcony breathing fresh air and feeling the warmth of the morning sun, I realize why my mother always told me to be a morning person if I want to improve myself.

Personally I feel I have won this challenge as I can sleep early now without forcing myself to bed. As I feel fresh everyday and my abnormal eating pattern has changed, but as per the rule
    1573814431155.jpg
    still some days left, hopefully I should complete the challenge this time... Wish me luck.

16. gon250
    Froyo Nov 15, 2019

gon250 , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Description
    I have located when the problem happens and when progress is lost. Basically it is when the zen mode ends and you get the card with the zen mode details, below the card you have the options to share or repeat, as you can appreciate the option to share is disabled for a short period of time (I guess you are doing or sending the data to some position), if before the button is enable you go to the top-left and close the zen mode, progress does not count, I have been testing it and if I wait for the share button get enabled to close the zen mode , the process is perfectly saved.

Reproduction
    • Turn-on Zen mode for the 21-Day Zen Transformation (between 22:00 - 00:00)
    • When the Zen mode finish inmetdiatly go to the top-corner and close the zen mode.
    Expected Result
    Day is stored for the Challenge,

Actual Result
    I get I notification message telling me I missed the zen mode day for the challenge.

17. Giriprasath
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

Giriprasath , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 15, 2019 :
    wow man, what a bug hunt! Will help many people!

18. ZalımBabo
    Froyo Nov 15, 2019

19. Flying Jesus
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

Flying Jesus , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Unpopular opinion: zen mode is just a feature and I make use of it to literally just earn the trophies and points. No more, no less.
    Even if they had put up 180 mins minimum to earn the badges, I would have done it. it's not a pain to put aside your phone lol! Just use comp or do something productive till the time has elapsed. it's even fun to watch the timer tick down to 0 if people have nothing else to do at that.
    So yeah, as long as there are badges I can earn zen mode gets my full support OwO!

20. __rahul__
    Donut Nov 15, 2019

kamaludin and Mustasim like this.