Travelling through time: What would you do if you could change one event in the past?

1. McJader
    KitKat Dec 4, 2020

McJader , Dec 4, 2020 :
    20201204_195132_0000.png

Hello friends,

I'm sure we've all seen those crazy sci-fi movies where time travelling is a legit thing. The protagonists go back in time and alter something for the "greater good", but, often, it results in unintended and devastating consequences. Humankind has always had a desire to travel through time, whether to the past or to the future, till now with no known successful attempts. But imagine, just for a second, if you could travel to the past and change something… (this is 2020 after all, guys)

Some time back, in Wormhole, @YRJ asked a question- "If you could change one event in the past, what would it be?" And that got me thinking, is there any event so bad I would want to change it? Of course, throughout history, we have various examples of atrocities committed against mankind. Would I change that? Would I stop the World Wars, the slavery, the genocide?

Some people (@superplus @SRD. ) saw the funny side to the question, and came up with answers such as they would stop the invention of books or agriculture. Then we could all be apes just fooling around in the wilderness. I'm currently a student, and I totally agree with this, I wish life was simpler.

But if I could change one thing, I think I'd stop the creation of anything or the universe. What if nothing exists at all? Just thinking about this gives my brain so much stimulation. It cannot understand, it's been hardwired to have a purpose. But if nothing exists, there is no universe, no earth, no me, no you…... what is purpose? We wouldn't have sadness, calamities, deaths, but also we'd lose happiness, friendship and life itself. It is something to think about... In fact, my mind got so muddled I could not think for a while. Don't get me wrong, I like my life, but I'd give everything for nothing to exist.

Anyways, away from the intense discussion, this was my point of view. What's yours? What event would you change in the past? It could be a funny take as well as a serious one like I mentioned. Reply to this thread and let me know!

2. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 4, 2020

Starcommander , Dec 4, 2020 :
    I would probably go back and have a sleep instead of wasting my time talking to someone 😂🤦‍♂️

3. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Dec 4, 2020

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020

4. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020

5. Starcommander

Starcommander , Dec 4, 2020 :
    So sorry to hear about that accident.

buntycubal, woSch, manuel19 and 5 others like this.
  6. kushal__12
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2020

buntycubal, manuel19, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  7. McJader
    KitKat Dec 4, 2020

McJader , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Haha nice one
    Thanks a lot Yash!

Only respect for you....

8. Abhishek654
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

dsmonteiro , Dec 4, 2020 :
    How would you accomplish that?

10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

11. yashwant24

yashwant24 , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Nothing I guess, my life is good with some spice in it.

Lame...

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

ShreyasPatil_ likes this.
  13. yashwant24

yashwant24 , Dec 4, 2020 :
    He isn't the only genius ever to live...many would have explained that phenomenon if he did not. He is just the first to find out. Besides that, physics is interesting and everything.

14. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Dec 4, 2020

camohan , Dec 4, 2020 :
    This is some serious $&&t. We all have something one could change for once. My Tiny mind can't even comprehend what could I have done. There are so many things I would have wanted to set right.

15. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Yeah I agree...I am editing the post to make it more meaningful 🤔😉

Aditya Javadekar likes this.
  16. Oreo.

Oreo. , via OnePlus 5 , Dec 4, 2020 :
    This is an interesting question @Aditya Javadekar
    If I ever travel through time in past, then I would be knowing the way how to achieve time travel. I will go back in time, tell myself how to travel back in time and get that patented so that few years later I can come across the same patent to make this possible and go back in time to tell myself how to travel back in time and get that patented so that few years later....

Caught in a loop 😎

17. Sudeep kumar Tella
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2020

18. Abhishek654
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

Abhishek654 , Dec 4, 2020 :
    By explaining the govt about the damages and suggest to announced a complete lockdown from January rather than from March because the first case of the coronavirus was detected in India in January.
    ;)

Aditya Javadekar likes this.
  20. SRD.
    KitKat Dec 4, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Congratulations for your wonderful thread @Aditya Javadekar 🎊🎉 and thanks for the tag.
    Yeh ! I still believe , I could have destroyed all books.
    we would have been a bunch of playful apes hanging out together , no complex life.

So Sorry about the accident @Mr. BG. I take back my wish of destroying the books, I also would have saved your father.