[Trick] A little trick for storing more fingerprints

1. mananmodi
    Froyo Nov 25, 2015

mananmodi , Nov 25, 2015 :
    Well don't know about others but i found the scanning a little slow when i had used 4 slots out of 5(2 Thumbs & 2 index fingers).

So i had to remove both the index fingers in order to get the speed back.

Now I read somewhere about this and it has been quite helpful for my case.
    Well here's how it works
    So what you do is while registering a new fingerprint, you use both the thumbs in a single slot
    just do it turn by turn from the beginning itself so it won't give you any error like please use the same finger or anything.
    And I was a little surprised but it works like a charm
    so i am having both the thumbs and both the index fingers in 2 slots

souravsunny, Buzzrr and Nidhin Raj like this.
  2. sunilbagalur
    KitKat Nov 25, 2015

sunilbagalur , Nov 25, 2015 :
    @pgidia -> Your comments on FPS ...

mananmodi, Nidhin Raj and pgidia like this.
  3. pgidia
    Lollipop Nov 25, 2015

pgidia , Nov 25, 2015 :
    I have registered my finger print with different angles so not facing any problem

4. Nidhin Raj
    KitKat Nov 25, 2015

mananmodi and sunilbagalur like this.
  5. mananmodi
    Froyo Nov 25, 2015

sunilbagalur likes this.
  6. razibhasan
    Donut Nov 25, 2015

mananmodi likes this.
  7. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Nov 26, 2015

kanagadeepan , Nov 26, 2015 :
    Yes ji.. I am following this technique in my Lenovo Vibe P1, which allows just 2 finger prints only...

8. souravsunny
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2015

souravsunny , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Awesome...Gotta try it out... :D

9. souravsunny
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2015

souravsunny , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Howz the Vibe P1, Performance...? Camera...?? Battery life must be phenomenal.. :D

kanagadeepan likes this.
  10. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Dec 6, 2015

kanagadeepan , Dec 6, 2015 :
    @souravsunny obviously battery life can be taken for granted in Vibe P1, especially if you use the power saver switch during nights...

Performance is much better than I expected.. My previous phone is K3 Note and technically Vibe P1 CPU is inferior to K3 Note (wrt number of cores and clock speed).. But I feel Vibe P1 is more snappier than K3 Note.. May be the reason is I am using Internal Storage of Vibe P1 (32GB) as default storage and SD card for K3 Note..

I expected that 2GB RAM will be limiting (happened in K3 Note) and phone may become slow after installing many apps.. But surprisingly its NOT the case.. Even after installing 120+ apps and keeping a dozen apps in background, the phone never lags... Reason I guess is the bug free Android 5.1.1 version.. Android 5.0 in K3 Note has memory leak bug and most times the FREE RAM will be 300 to 400MB only (even with no apps open) and I have to restart it once or twice a week for usable performance.. But in case of Vibe P1, the FREE RAM will be always 800+MB when no apps are open and never goes below 500MB with half a dozen apps (incl MX Player, YouTube, Camera) are open..

Camera is super fast using PDAF.. But results are good in good light and OK in low light / indoors.. For Rs14399/- (Got it at 10% OFF on launch day) or even the original price of 16k, its much more than bang for bucks, imho..

Only problem till now is, there is NO working root method for Vibe P1 till now.. I need root for automatic Call Recorder, but since all Lenovo phones come with in-built call recorders, I never miss root much till now and ready to wait more for a month or two..

Hope this helps..

maxxam23 and souravsunny like this.
  11. maxxam23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2015

maxxam23 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Thanks for such detailed review.. Thinking to buy one for my sis.. :)