Triple camera setup in 7 pro - how good can it get?

1. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 27, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Apr 27, 2019 :
    first of all they have a very very good sensor one generation ahead of the one used by OnePlus

otto2 likes this.
  2. otto2
    Lollipop Apr 27, 2019

otto2 , Apr 27, 2019 :
    One year is a very long time when it s up to hardware developing, it s totally normal that the new huawei devices will shoot stunning pictures - but since the most important part is the human, who s shooting the pictures we will get back to the statement: No Hardware/ Software can help if photographer has no skill.
    Check out @TibiTibi s pictures in travel photography thread and in the april contest thread, too- he s still using his good ol OneplusONE !!! The opening picture of the april contest thread has been shot on Oneplus 3. ( There was a good reason why i didn t choose one of my newer pictures.- People should not go too much for hardware,we can see a lot of mediocre or random clicks in contest thread,even best DSLR wouldn t make such pictures better. )

Fortunately are there many great pictures, too, from well known and also new photographer talents. This is a motivation for me and hopefully also for Oneplus not to forget the camera department in future.

drl431, Discostu and iNtEnSePL like this.
  3. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 27, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Apr 27, 2019 :
    I fully agree. You have to remember thou that 99% of users will never turn on manual mode or use a stand or a gimbal. Because of this it's more important from manufacturer standpoint to deliver a no fuss experience producing best results for everyone. They can showcase stunning works by professionals, or enthusiasts later on for marketing, but average Joe has to have a chance to click that "perfect" holiday shot.

btw try to shoot some pictures of kids ;) No amount of experience will help if the camera isn't fast enough and bright enough ;)

I'm glad it's getting easier and easier, and that quality can be packed in such a small form factor

Discostu and otto2 like this.
  4. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2019

Discostu , Apr 27, 2019 :
    Yes poor choice of words on my part sorry, I meant - smartphone technology in the photography sphere is becoming incredibly impressive :)

iNtEnSePL and otto2 like this.
  5. otto2
    Lollipop Apr 27, 2019

otto2 , Apr 27, 2019 :

Oh yes- i bought my very first digital camera around 2002 ,main reason was my son who was born 2001. The shutter delay was high, too high sometimes, so i sold the cam and bought a newer one with less delay. It ended with a Nikon D200 , but now i ve sold the optics and the body is for sale, too. The pictures i ve shot with my OP3 in pyrenees were the reason. ( Nikon D200 had a shutter damage at Day 3 of our tour and i was forced to shoot all pictures with OP3 ). Once back at home i ve checked toe pictures and was surprised about the quality of OP3. I just had to change my way of shooting due to lack of an optical zoom.

Discostu and iNtEnSePL like this.
  6. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 30, 2019

7. jlg1234
    Honeycomb May 1, 2019

jlg1234 , May 1, 2019 :
    Photos look good but I'll wait until there are more reviewers opinions on the camera. OP really has to step up their game when it comes to the camera. The night shot photo looks impressive, I'm assuming there is a "night mode" feature on the OP 7. Would like to see some lowlight photos (in bars or restaurants) hopefully we get more photos soon.

iNtEnSePL likes this.