TripLog app and iBeacon issues

1. drummingchef Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

drummingchef, Jun 12, 2019 :
    Hello everyone.

I am a first time user to OnePlus. I have the Mclaren 6T phone. Came from Samsung S7.

I have been using an app called TripLog for vehicle mileage tracking for my business.

I have their iBeacon which plugs in to the usb port of my car and the phone and app are supposed to automatically find it and start tracking the mileage.

It worked flawlessly on the S7 which was running Android 8.0.0

My 6t is running Android 9 with the May Security Patch. Oxygen 9.0.14

The issue I have been having is the iBeacon keeps cutting the trips off prematurely and is not tracking the mileage accurately. Not even close!

I have sent the tech support at TripLog numerous times and they see what's going on. They have trouble shooted lots of things with me and to no avail. It still won't work. I've turned off the battery optimization for the app specifically. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Same thing with the iBeacon.

I do not use battery save mode when driving or do not disturb.

Tech support said that the developers said there a bug in the app with Android 9. That was over a month ago.

I recently left a review on the Google Play store and the developer replied back saying that the bug was fixed in the last update of the app. Well it wasn't.

Also, the app randomly started to track mileage as the app/phone "found" the iBeacon while I am at home.....NOT DRIVING. LOL I had to FORCE STOP the app and turn off automatic startup.

I do not want to use Plug n Go mode all the time (using the charging cable) as I think that will prematurely hurt the phone battery.

There are other tracking modes available on the app, but they are not all that accurate.

The tech support people have been great. However, I am at my whits end now.

Has ANYONE come across these issues with TripLog and the iBeacon on their OnePlus phone?????

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Cheers.

Nathan

2. drummingchef Cupcake Jun 13, 2019