Truecaller data reset automatically on oneplus 6

1. niksjaiswal
    Cupcake May 30, 2018

niksjaiswal , May 30, 2018 :
    [Updated] App data reset automatically. looks like it is a bug. seen with true caller and Zomato app. on oxygen 5.1.5

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018

2. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

3. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert May 30, 2018

Gav_W86 , May 30, 2018 :
    If it has all of its overly large set of required permissions then likely an app issue (there are many) so suggest reporting to Truecaller.

and of course, the real answer is to stop using the hideous privacy black hole that is Truecaller. Lots of people up in arms about 1+ collecting data, but they carry on using Truecaller which takes a copy of your contact list, then tracks when you call/message them (and everyone else) together with how long for, gps location where you did it, what networks you were on when you did it, and other stuff (their latest thing is bank account data from their new 'bank transfer service'). It then keeps it in a big database that has been hacked and published on the web at least once.

4. niksjaiswal
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2018

5. U1513149367412
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2018

6. G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2018

G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD , Jun 10, 2018 :
    Totally agree. I have used it and at the beginning it seemed pretty nice. Than I started to receive spam calls which I didn't receive before. I stopped using it and uninstalled the app.