Other Trusted Places on Smart Lock

1. Kid Stretch
    Froyo Dec 27, 2016

Kid Stretch , Dec 27, 2016 :
    I have put my home as a trusted place so i don't have to put my fingerprint all the time when i'm here to unlock the phone. But most of the time the Trusted Places don't work. Is there a workaround? I know many people have the same problem, had the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, so i guess it's a Google thing!

Bjdchan and kvaju like this.
  2. Pahapoika91
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 27, 2016

3. Kid Stretch
    Froyo Dec 27, 2016

Kid Stretch , Dec 27, 2016 :
    Everything is on, worked fine yesterday, now it doesn't. Same some days before, it worked, then it didn't!

Bjdchan likes this.
  4. koraybagcan
    Donut Jan 14, 2017

koraybagcan , Jan 14, 2017 :
    Same as me after nougat update. Every time I enter the settings of smart lock, it behaves like I entered the first time.

Bjdchan likes this.
  5. myfrom
    Froyo Jan 23, 2017

myfrom , Jan 23, 2017 :
    I was experiencing the same problem on my OnePlus 3T and my last phone - Galaxy S6. It was weird as it works on my tablet with CM14.1.
    I've found a working workaround: Set up an address nearby to a trusted place, so your home is in range. It works on my phone

6. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2017

rahulmm , Jan 23, 2017 :
    Personally, considering the fingerprint scanner is in the front, and easily accessible, and takes no more time than a double tap to the screen, it's a small price to pay.

I was very particular with smartlock with my non-fingerprint phones. Even the ones with fingerprint sensor on the back.
    But with devices having fingerprint scanner for home button, I don't really care about trusted devices or trusted places at all, cos it's so easy.

7. kvaju
    Froyo Jan 25, 2017

kvaju , Jan 25, 2017 :
    I also have this problem, set only Home as trusted places, GPS is on High accuracy, wifi 3g turned on, at my work about 10km from my home, I can unlock it like there is no lockscreen security (pin or fingerprint)

8. G_Khalid_Abdi_Euup
    Donut Jan 26, 2017

9. mhastings1981
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2017

mhastings1981 , Feb 26, 2017 :
    Don't quite understand the "turn it off, fingerprint works" brigade. It's an option to use and I'd like to use it.

Anyway, for what it's worth to the OP, had the opposite problem, phone would lock at home (my only trusted place) and require password or fingerprint.

Turned off GPS and back on again, seems to be working ok now.

DSat1414 likes this.
  10. dumontmi
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2017

dumontmi , Mar 15, 2017 :
    Too bad, tried to turn GPS off and back ON again, but did not work for me.

11. Akhil_Parujan
    Gingerbread Mar 16, 2017

Akhil_Parujan , Mar 16, 2017 :
    For what it is worth I also use Smart Lock, but only the Bluetooth option.
    I do agree with everyone that the fingerprint scanner is super fast, which is great, but when I am driving and my phone is connected to my car's Bluetooth stereo I don't want to use my finger to unlock the phone.

I don't use the GPS as a trusted device/location because at home I am ok using my fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone.

Once again everyone's needs are different.

12. nishantdesaiar
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2017

nishantdesaiar , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Having problem with smart Lock, I guess after restarting phone or battery saving mode activated I have to turn on trusted places from setting. never happened on my good old N5 in 3 years once I set it up. Also some apps like call recorder stops working around same time. so could be the same thing effecting both the csses.

13. OmarFPG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2017

OmarFPG , Jul 6, 2017 :
    I'd like to use the trusted places feature for the App Locker only, would it be viable somehow? I tried enabling it and I can unlock the OP3T without fingerprint (which I don't mind using the fingerprint as it's actually even faster than double tapping the screen and swiping up), but I can't still enter my apps without the fingerprint or pattern.