Try the latest Launcher with the new and improved App Switcher and Quick Search Gesture

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jun 1, 2020

Gary C. , Jun 1, 2020 :
    launcher.png

Hey everyone,

We have released Launcher V4.4.2, bringing two brand-new features to your phone: a faster way to navigate through your recent apps and an easier way to access quick search in the app drawer. These may seem like minor changes at first, but they will considerably improve how you use your phone. Read on to find out how!

Navigation icons added for recent apps
    We added app icons under the list of recent apps. These app icons now act as a slider that you can use to navigate through your list of recent apps. You can swipe directly on the row of icons to scroll through the list, switching faster instead of moving one app per swipe as before. It also helps identify apps easily under the icon preview.

Pic 1.gif

Moreover, we added ‘Close Apps’ button with text on it instead of the huge ‘X’ icon that was present before, making for a polished new interface.

So what about the previous overflow menu (vertical three-dots) at the top right corner for menu options? Well, there is a small trick, long-press on the preview present in the recent apps screen to access more options such as Lock, App Info, and Split screen. No need to reach out to the top of the screen.

Pic 2.gif

Press and hold for a quick search

To use the newly added quick search feature, press and hold while you swipe up to access the app drawer. You’ll be directly taken to the search input box, as you can see in the image below. This update makes it much easier to trigger by one hand.

Pic 3.gif

No detail is too small. We hope we made it more convenient for you to switch between apps. It aims, as always, to provide you with a burdenless experience.

The update is now available in Google Play Store. Download the newest version here and tell us how you feel about it.

As always, feel free to go to the Community-Feedback section to share ideas or suggestions for the product. Your constant feedback is appreciated and significant in making the best product. Thank you for your support!

Never Settle.

2. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2020

3. Agarwalarnav
    Donut Jun 1, 2020

5. Gameslion
    Froyo Jun 1, 2020

Gameslion , Jun 1, 2020 :
    "No detail is too small."

Though the Split Screen menu still has ugly square corners meanwhile all the UI is round.

6. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    It is really cool and optimised but at times the recent apps screen lags during the scroll. And being a 90hz frame rate user, the lag is really highlighted.

7. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Wait for 4.4.8+. That version added 5/5t support

8. Agarwalarnav
    Donut Jun 1, 2020

Agarwalarnav , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I'm curious, where do you find out about that? Details for unreleased versions? Also, will it come as an update on the store?

9. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

On beta at play store

1591014722028.jpg

11. Agarwalarnav
    Donut Jun 1, 2020

12. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

I started several days ago apperently.... Didn't get it until today myself. So it's not rollout out for every one at the same time

Batman360 likes this.
  13. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Need to enable it in developer options and reboot

Batman360 likes this.
  14. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

It does not lag for me on 7 Pro beta 14. (4.4.8)

Batman360 likes this.
  15. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Eh 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe it gets fixed in the next launcher updaye for me

16. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jun 1, 2020

the_o2 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Thanks for thread, got 4.4.8 for my OP today :cool:
    And it is really better than the previous one.

4.4.8 is available on play store now, mostly it will work on Android 10 for 5/T

Batman360 likes this.
  17. Moin2200
    KitKat Jun 1, 2020

Moin2200 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I really like this new change, not only does it look cleaner but it also feels so much snappier than before even in third party launchers.

The design is subtle enough it doesn't ruin the stock android experience but enough to differentiate it to the ones we find with the pixel. A welcome change.

18. MadyKarthi
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

gopalan_md19 likes this.
  19. gopalan_md19
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

stovo06 likes this.
  20. MadyKarthi
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

gopalan_md19 likes this.