2. Every once in a while

17.9%
  3. Nope

30.8%
  1. David X. NA Copywriter Staff Member Apr 5, 2019

David X., Apr 5, 2019 :
    podcastForum.png

Hi friends,

Last week, @Daisy K. shared some of her favorite anime shows, and we had a blast talking about all things anime. I thought it’d be fun to do a similar exchange, only this time, we’re talking about our favorite podcasts. As I mentioned in my intro, I love all kinds of podcasts, though my favorites are usually true crime and/or business/finance related.

podcrop1.jpg

But the podcast I get most excited for is “My Favorite Murder.” It’s the best true crime podcast on the planet, and it’s hosted by two hilarious BFFs from Cali—and one from the same hometown as yours truly (!) It's grisly, it's smart, it's empathetic, sympathetic, and real af. Their catchphrase says it best: "Stay sexy and don't get murdered." I tend to agree. Here are some other recommendations from the team:

podcrop2.jpg

@Brady R. - What It Takes
    "I've always been a fan of hearing other people’s stories. Whether it was listening to my grandparents tell stories about when they were kids or reading biographies about people who have influenced my life. What It Takes brings hour-long stories of visionaries in all different fields of work. One of my favorites is Jimmy Page: Guitar Hero." I'm a big music lover and have been listening to Led Zeppelin for as long as i can remember. Hearing people who knew Jimmy talk about the hours he'd spend in his room practicing is inspiring to say the least."

podcrop4.jpg

@Kameron S - Crime Junkie
    “Right now I'm listening to 'Crime Junkie', a podcast about various true crime stories. It's a little strange when people hear you're a true crime enthusiast, as if you're suddenly going to go commit a crime. The reason I like to listen to this podcast is how law enforcement is able to piece together seemingly disconnected parts of a case and ultimately serve justice. Not all of the episodes end in resolution though, which helps you stay vigilant and always keep your eyes open. The hosts of the show are two best friends who are funny and weave together cohesive dark tales. Additionally, they provide 'life rules' based off of all the true crime reports they've read. My favorite life rule is, ‘Be weird. Be rude. Stay alive.’"

podcrop3.jpg

@Kyle K. - Men in Blazers
    "I listen to a lot of podcasts. 'Men in Blazers' is one, although it’s not as comprehensive as the Guardian's Football Weekly, it does provide cultural insights into the English Premier League and certain things British that an American like me might often miss."

And now, we’d love to hear all about your favorite podcasts. What do you listen to while you’re taking a shower, driving to work, cooking dinner, or doing chores around the house? Inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2019

aris, Drewbikscube, Saliou and 20 others like this.
  2. YRJ Lollipop Apr 6, 2019

YRJ, Apr 6, 2019 :
    I don't listen to podcasts per se but in this post, one particular title caught my attention.....

"My favourite Murder"
    I am really excited to check it out and maybe this will be my first ;) Thanks for sharing

Stay sexy never settle :p

G_plusone and Elegam like this.
  3. Moin2200 KitKat Apr 6, 2019

Moin2200, Apr 6, 2019 :
    Awesome choices.

I personally love comedy so I've been re listening to the old classic.
    "The ricky gervais show"
    [​IMG]

If this show doesn't make you laugh nothing will.

There was also this interesting podcast I can't remember the name of anymore :(
    It was about a group of old criminals who was now retired and they would talk about how they ran their hometown back in the day.

The mafia, gangs, thugs and organized crimes were all part of the discussion with these different criminals.
    I'll try look for the name later.

Anyway thanks for sharing your favorites, I might check one out later. :cool:

G_plusone and Ruby G. like this.
  4. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 6, 2019

FlixbusLennart, Apr 6, 2019 :
    If you love Podcasts, definitely check out Business Wars!

They get you narrated stories about industry behemoths who fight each other. The presentation style is very captivating and entertaining and you learn some stuff.

I loved the episodes about Red Bull vs. Monster Energy and Death Row Records vs. Bad Boy. There's other stuff as well, like Marvel vs. DC, Sony vs. Nintendo, Pepsi vs. Coke etc.

https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MuYXJ0MTkuY29tL2J1c2luZXNzLXdhcnM

G_plusone likes this.
  5. nmatheis US Brand Ambassador Apr 6, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  6. Balkanikus Donut Apr 6, 2019

Balkanikus, Apr 6, 2019 :
    if you are into crypto, startup, modern business, then i recommend zig zag podcast. the host is amazing, and podcast production is like you are watching a tv show.

7. Daisy K. North America Marketing Staff Member Apr 8, 2019

Daisy K., Apr 8, 2019 :
    If you are all about hearing about freaks, geeks, snake bites and very very odd relationships, you have to listen to Love and Radio. While sometimes I think the sound mixing is a bit much, the stories are so weird and intriguing and true! My favorite one is called WWCD, about a guy who became the first publicly traded individual and made major life choices depending on what his "stockholders" voted on.

Other incredible episodes
    - Eternity Through Skits and Waistcoats
    - Doing the No No
    - Greetings from Coney Island

Just...give it a try.

8. G_plusone Marshmallow Apr 9, 2019

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 9, 2019

Cheetosdust, Apr 9, 2019 :
    Hello, @David X.

Thank you - and the team - for the recommendations. I listen to podcasts daily, so here are mine:

Podcasts.png

aris likes this.
  10. theshinybeast Marshmallow Apr 9, 2019

theshinybeast, Apr 9, 2019 :
    For football, rugby, Gaelic sports and sport in general you can't get much better than https://www.secondcaptains.com/

https://thebuglepodcast.com/ is a must for satire and https://athleticomince.com/ is quite simply the funniest thing on planet earth.
    Also http://billburr.com/
    The Monday Morning Podcast, Bill ranting twice a week is no less than therapeutic.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019

buntycubal and nyzproof333 like this.
  11. nyzproof333 KitKat Apr 9, 2019

buntycubal and theshinybeast like this.
  12. theshinybeast Marshmallow Apr 9, 2019

buntycubal and nyzproof333 like this.
  13. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 9, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  14. meatandy Oreo Apr 9, 2019

meatandy, Apr 9, 2019 :
    Coke FTW ;)

buntycubal likes this.
  15. Andy lone Gingerbread Apr 10, 2019

Andy lone, Apr 10, 2019 :
    hi there I use the acast app and listen to a few podcasts my favourite his the RUGBY pod which I can't get enough of

16. aris Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2019

aris, Apr 11, 2019 :
    What system do you use to listen to so many?
    Thanks!

Cheetosdust likes this.
  17. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 12, 2019

Cheetosdust, Apr 12, 2019 :
    Heya,

That's the web version of Pocket Casts.

They have an app for the phone and you can also make a one time payment for the web version.

It syncs with the app and you can listen on your browser. It's pretty great.

18. Yashshah_36 Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

Yashshah_36, Apr 12, 2019 :
    Will listen to them.
    Try The Joe Rogan Experience and Ted Talks Daily.
    I also love Whiiskey Ginger with Andrew Santinio. It's a bit comedy but it's okay. Who doesn't wanna live longer.

19. D1550010791109 Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

20. G_smriti_singh_ItWI Cupcake Apr 14, 2019