Tune in to the Pixel Fall Launch Event!

1. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 19, 2021

suhantm , Oct 19, 2021 :
    [​IMG]

After countless renders, leaks, hands-on and disassembly videos, and so much more, we are finally going to see the tech world's worst kept secret come into the world officially later today!

The Pixel 6 & 6 Pro along with their accessories are pretty much confirmed to be revealed during the Pixel Fall Launch Event on the 19th of October at 10 AM Pacific Time (you can click HERE to add the event to your calendar so you don't miss it).

Even though the headlining products have been completely exposed, this event is still one that people seem to be enthralled towards this month and with good reason. This is the first time Google is making a proper effort towards hardware, which was a common complaint for past Pixel phones, particularly because of third-party manufacturing partners.

Fellow member of the Writers' Club @CosmicPaladin did an excellent job at covering the exciting new hardware that is expected on the Pixel 6 / 6 Pro on this thread, so give it a read before it's time to hit the Play button on the video below.

Let me summarize a few other things to expect that haven't been heavily discussed on the forums so far:
    • Pixel Fold
    This hasn't been spoken about much at all, but there is a good chance that Google either teases or launches its first foldable product alongside the conventional Pixel phones. I'm a little skeptical about this one, but evleaks (a OG leaker) tweeted this late last month:

upload_2021-10-13_23-34-7.png
    • Pixel Stand
    Google's updated Wireless Charger, capable of 23W, has been confirmed to be launching alongside the Pixels. This is an upgrade from the previous Pixel Stand, which was limited to 10W charging.

The new Pixel Stand is going to also support up to 15W for Qi-certified accessories and 3W for their own Pixel Buds.

[​IMG]
    • A few surprises?
    The Pixel Buds may get a refresh and the long awaited Pixel Watch may make an appearance, but again this is highly speculative.

Tune in to the event!

Please use this thread as a place to react and discuss things during the livestream.

2. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Oct 19, 2021

Cheetosdust , Oct 19, 2021 :
    If the rumored prices are true, I would be tempted if they are sold in Portugal - or if Amazon has them with a RRP price.

I am not expecting the "Pixel Watch" to be revealed today, but I would love if it is, with the "Pixel Foldable" as their "special project" to end the presentation.

Either way, I am excited for the good times ahead. Curious to know: is anyone tempted to get a device from the Pixel 6 Series? :cool:

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 19, 2021

dsmonteiro , Oct 19, 2021 :
    [​IMG]
    (I don't expect it to happen)

4. Cheetosdust

Aye, that was my thinking, even if it is released during Q1 2022.

I think Google needs to release a foldable to set some guidelines, to showcase what Android can do with that format. I remember reading that the alleged Android 12.1 update is mostly about that.

5. KrossKinetic
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2021

KrossKinetic , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 19, 2021 :
    I am also very much tempted by Pixel 6 !

6. Cheetosdust

It's going to be interesting to know where Google is going to sell them officially.

This morning there's a new rumor that the device "will reportedly double Google’s smartphone production", so perhaps the company finally realized they have a smartphone division. :D

Kylina, V1574042359500 and Dresa91 like this.
  7. S1599112582517
    Honeycomb Oct 19, 2021

S1599112582517 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 19, 2021 :
    Hope they Release it in India by this year. Every year pixel phones arrive India very late. Google updated the hardware, now they need to update marketing strategy too.

8. Cheetosdust

That's a huge question mark at the moment. It was rumored that Google had a huge marketing budget this year, so perhaps India is going to be in the first wave of markets to get the devices.

But Google is Google, sometimes they make some weird decisions. The best part is that we won't have to wait much longer to find out. ;)

9. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Oct 19, 2021

Liehjan , Oct 19, 2021 :
    I'm thinking about jumping to the pixel 6 pro camp... But then I want a pixel watch too or no deal!

10. Cheetosdust

As with everything Google these hours, there's also a rumor about the Pixel Watch.

It's still going to be released, but not today - targeting Q1 2022 (watch it being released with the Pixel Fold ;))

11. SRD.
    Lollipop Oct 19, 2021

SRD. , Oct 19, 2021 :
    Excited for the launch.
    BTW what is your expectations from the Pixel 6 Pro ???
    The price leaks are super awesome, but not for Asia or Europe.

Pixel watch ! Is it also coming ?

12. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Oct 19, 2021

Liehjan , Oct 19, 2021 :
    They should copy Apple and release watch and phone at the same event ;)

13. Cheetosdust

Completely agree with you - I just hope they don't copy Apple when it comes to pricing. After yesterday, it'll take some time for me not to get nervous about the prices. :D:eek:

14. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Oct 19, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 19, 2021 :
    My body is ready... Even though we already know alot about it. 😂

Would be a nice surprise, but very much doubting it'll turn up. Maybe a little update, maybe? 🤷🏻‍♀️

15. Cheetosdust

Indeed, and I am trying not to believe these renders. They almost look too good to be true. Still, look at them. :cool:

[​IMG]

16. prabaltitanium27
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2021

V1574042359500 and Dresa91 like this.
  17. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 19, 2021

Bobbie63 , Oct 19, 2021 :
    I think they should wait. Let others play around and just watch what the market will ask for. The whole technology of foldables hasn't matured yet, a company like Google should enter this segment when it's more matured and then set a standard.

Just my opinion.

18. northbay5566
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2021

northbay5566 , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Oct 19, 2021 :
    Yes , but will have to wait can't decide which 1 tho , will be watching today on Google channel today to really see what they got for specs and what that camera can really do

19. Cheetosdust

With the Pixel, the camera is always something to be excited about. Some of the features were leaked, like the "Magic Eraser", but I am right there with you. :cool:

20. Cheetosdust