Turn screen of without button when nav-bar is disabled

1. anagh07
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

anagh07 , Apr 14, 2019 :
    OnePlus 6.
    I really liked the default launchers gestures. But the only thing that keeps me from using it is that with nav-bar disabled i have to use the power button to turn the screen of. The only other option is to use 3rd party apps...
    I really hope they add a feature to turn screen of using a 'double tap screen' or any gesture in the default launcher.

2. Puru_
    Froyo Apr 14, 2019

anagh07 likes this.
  3. anagh07
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

4. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 14, 2019

anagh07 likes this.
  5. anagh07
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

anagh07 , Apr 14, 2019 :
    Yeah. So if you have nav-bar enabled and set 'double tap home' action to turn screen of, you can do that even when you are not in the home screen. But we can't do that with nav bar disabled though.

6. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Apr 14, 2019

Nick 59 , Apr 14, 2019 :
    When you are NOT on your Homescreen you would have to double tap on an app screen to lock phone - is that really what you want? Think about it...

anagh07 likes this.
  7. anagh07
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

anagh07 , Apr 14, 2019 :
    Haha, nah i dont. But my initial request was to include a different gesture or something when you're in an app to turn screen of. I'm not necessarily asking for the double tap feature to be enabled in app.

Nick 59 likes this.
  8. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Apr 14, 2019

Nick 59 , Apr 14, 2019 :
    Yep, an extra gesture makes more sense but limited range of gestures available atm and I think this would be such an infrequently used or even frequently mis-used gesture that it is unlikely to make the cut.
    You could try your luck though by submitting a feature request to OnePlus here (as feedback):
    https://www.oneplus.com/support/complaints

Edit: A workaround while you are waiting is to use current home gesture, quickly followed by current 'double tap homescreen to lock'. ;)

anagh07 likes this.
  9. anagh07
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

anagh07 , Apr 14, 2019 :
    Hey Nick, thanks!
    I disagree though. I often use my phone to read articles and stuff. So when reading I'll often put my phone down for a short while, do something else and then get back to reading. I usually don't close the app and turn my screen of, so I can get back to reading when i turn the screen on. I also believe that similar to the "3 finger screenshot" feature, a unique gesture for turning screen of will not be misused.
    P. S. I absolutely love the 3 finger swipe for screenshot.

Nick 59 likes this.