[Tutorial] How to Stream Airtel XStream, Vodafone Play and Apple TV+ on OnePlus TV

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 23, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Airtel Xstream.png

Hi Guys,
    We all know that the Over-The-Top apps have been dominating the TV industry lately and even Mobile Service Companies like Airtel, Jio and Vodafone are attracting customers by providing exclusive Live TV and Premium Movie Streaming Services for free with the Recharges. Let it be Airtel Xstream or Vodafone Play or Jio TV.

Update 02nd June, 2020
    Credits @suveerupadhyay

Airtel Xstream App has made it's way to Android TV Playstore. So now you can directly download it on your TV. But the downside is that it doesn't support Live TV Channels and also misses content from couple of OTT apps that it generally shows on mobile app/browser. Also right now some of the users (Including me) have troubling playing content existing in the App. It shows a message to subscribe for that content. Maybe an issue with Airtel's System and time can fix it.

Many have been asking in the forums "why doesn't OnePlus TV support these Apps?".
    Let me make it clear again that the support is restricted from the App Providers itself as they are providing these services with copyrights taken from the respective channels or streaming services only for Mobile Devices. No channel provider or OTT provider would allow Airtel/Jio/Vodafone to give these services for free to be watched on TV as it will take away their viewership.

Then how does Airtel Xstream and Jio Fibre provide channels on the TV?
    To answer this simply, Airtel has it's own DTH services and charges extra for the Airtel Xstream Box/Stick, similarly Jio has partnered with Local DTH providers to give access to live Channels for the TV.

I hope this clears the doubts about why Airtel Xstream/JioTV/Vodafone Play are not available on the OnePlus TV/Android TV Playstore even though they are simple Android Apps.

Coming to Apple TV+, it's clearly a matter of Monopoly. They want the payment to be included in the supported devices. Now the official support might be on it's way or may never SEE (Pun Intended :p) the light. Fortunately, if you have a subscription, there's a way to access even Apple TV+ on the OnePlus TV.

Having said that, after many trial-errors and research I could find a way to stream Airtel Xstream, Vodafone Play and Apple TV+ on the OnePlus TV.

Edit: 18/05/2020
    Earlier I suggested to use UC Browser for this procedure but recently the support for playback is not working. So I found out that it's still working with Firefox. So modified the procedure.

Disclaimer:

• The side loading apk of Airtel Xstream doesn't work.
    • The method is not to install the apps but instead to access these websites on browser to stream.
    • As Jio TV doesn't work on browser, there's no way to stream it.
    • The procedure is not very user friendly but does the job.
    • I wouldn't recommend this method to use it for watching Live TV as the experience wouldn't be that great. This is more suitable for accessing movies, at least I do for that very reason.

Things Required:
    • Wireless/Bluetooth Mouse (Optional for easy navigation with the web interface).
    • USB Type-C to USB 3.0 Female Adapter (Required for Wireless Mouse).
    • Knowledge on How to Side Load Apps on the TV.
    • Some Patience. :D

Once you are done with the above checklist, follow this Procedure.

Step 1:
    Download "Rotation Screen Orientation" Apk on your mobile and transfer it to TV by using "Send Files to TV" App. Once transferred, install the App on TV by using any File Manager.

If you are confused about which file manager to use, check out this post where the top 5 utility Apps are listed.

Step 2:
    Open the App and change the Device Rotation Option to "Landscape" from "Forced Auto".

20.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    12.jpeg

Step 3:
    Install App named "ATV Launcher" on OnePlus TV from it's Playstore. This is an app drawer that shows the icon shortcuts even for the side loaded apps. This is how the ATV launcher shows the apps.

7.jpeg

There are other 3rd party launchers too like HAL Launcher or Side Load Launcher. Choose according to your taste.

Step 4:
    Download "UC Browser" Apk on your mobile and transfer it to TV.

Step 5 (Optional):
    Connect your Mouse to the TV and you will get a pointer on the Screen.
    There are following ways to connect a Mouse in order of ease,

• With Bluetooth Mouse- Open Settings on TV< Remote& Accessories < Accessories <Add Device.
    • With Wireless Dongle Mouse - Connect the USB dongle directly to the USB ports on the TV or Connect the Type C adapter to the top port and attach the dongle to it.
    • With Wired Mouse - Just connect the mouse directly to one of the USB ports.

I have an extra Wireless Mouse and USB Type C Dongle, so I used it. I preferred the Type C Port as connecting the dongle in the back side USB ports would block the signal.

24.jpeg

Step 6:

Go to ATV Launcher and open Firefox.

Step 7:

Once the browser is opened, click on the search bar with mouse/round cursor and type "Airtel Xstream" using Remote/Connect App.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 11.32.22.jpeg

Step 8:
    Click on the link that shows "AirtelXstream.in".

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 11.32.221.jpeg

Step 9:
    Click on the More tab<Login with your Mobile Number and OTP.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 11.32.20.jpeg

Step 10:

Once Logged in, use the mouse/remote to browse through the Live TV and Movies. If the mouse scroll doesn't work properly, click and drag up/down for better scrolling.

Step 11:
    The procedure for Apple TV+ and Vodafone Play remains the same as Airtel Xstream. Just follow Steps 7,8,9 to open the Play Site and Login.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 11.32.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-21 at 18.31.57.jpeg
    Note:
    • Every time before opening UC Browser, make sure to open "Rotation Screen Orientation" App and set the rotation to Landscape as it sets back to Forced Auto after sleep/idle time.
    • Sideloading Vodafone Play apk also does the job but the remaining procedure of using Landscape orientation and mouse for browsing remains the same.
    • If any of the website gives trouble to work with UC Browser, you can try installing Chrome apk for Android TV same as you installed UC browser.
    • Don't rely on this method as your permanent source of Live TV or Entertainment as the support may be ended in time for the browsers too.

I hope the tutorial is helpful for many users who would want to get access to the Movie Library or Live TV on these Services. If you have any doubt, feel free to post it here.
    @V1578492743782, @eashwar14 @RVGabru, @bhupengaitonde, @pratikg88

For any other queries regarding the OnePlus TV, you can check the MEGA Thread that has many FAQ, issues reported and tips listed out.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Feb 23, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 24, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Thank you :) I remember you searching for a way to make airtel work on the TV. Hope this serves your purpose... Let me know if you face any issue.

Thanks a lot man :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020

YRJ and bhupengaitonde like this.
  5. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2020

RVGabru , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Brilliant Venky!! you save the day by coming up with a solution all the time!! keep up! thanks for this lovely writeup.

Starcommander and Venky61 like this.
  6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 25, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Most Welcome :) I am glad that this tutorial would be helpful. Let me know your experience ;)

RVGabru and Starcommander like this.
  7. eashwar14
    Froyo Mar 4, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  8. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 4, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 4, 2020 :
    Most welcome :) Do let me know if you face any issues.

eashwar14 likes this.
  9. eashwar14
    Froyo Mar 4, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  10. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 21, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Hey Guys,
    Updated the post. The method works for Apple TV+ too. Interested users can try and share your experiences :)

Catherine W. and RVGabru like this.
  11. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2020

RVGabru , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Brilliant work @Venky61. much appreciate all the extended support and continued efforts to make OnePlus customers delighted. Hats off!!

Catherine W. and Venky61 like this.
  12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 21, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 21, 2020 :
    It gives me pleasure if the posts indeed are useful for at least few of the users :) Thank you for your kind words.

Catherine W. and RVGabru like this.
  13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 18, 2020

Venky61 , May 18, 2020 :
    Updated with new working method :)

Last edited: May 19, 2020

RVGabru likes this.
  14. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 25, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  15. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 26, 2020

Venky61 , May 26, 2020 :
    Hey..
    Thanks for the update... Yes I checked the app.
    Just a headsup for the guys who want to try,
    It doesn't have Live TV content and also content from a couple of Apps like Zee5, Lionsgate is missing. But surely it's a good start and has a good collection of movies from many languages curated from ErosNow, HungamaPlay, Shemaroo, Ultra etc.

suveerupadhyay and Catherine W. like this.
  16. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 26, 2020

suveerupadhyay , May 26, 2020 :
    Yes, Xtreme app TV version does not have live channels, similar to Jio TV app and I don't think it would be provided also due to obvious reason.

Venky61 likes this.

18. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 26, 2020

Venky61 , May 26, 2020 :
    Yes... Getting Live TV on TV Apps would be difficult as there would be a lot of resistance from the existing players.

I1579671811380 likes this.
  19. bhupengaitonde , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , May 30, 2020 :
    I downloaded the app and logged in. but unable to see movies where it is asking me to subscribe to its web site. I have Airtel plan with bundled xstream service.

pls help.

thanks,

Bhupen

20. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 30, 2020

Venky61 , May 30, 2020 :
    Hey... Did you login with your mobile number?