[Tutorial] PubG 720p 60fps Balanced Experience OOS 5.0.8

1. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 4, 2019 :
    After testing many settings and configurations, I have found one that has enabled me to play at 60fps HD/Balacned at a respectable 720p resolution on OOS 5.0.8. Hopefully, this will end the daily mandatory thread created by users with title "PubG Lags".

What you'll need:
    1. Root
    2. EAS Based Kernel - Shared it in 3rd party dev section already
    3. Updated Adreno GPU drivers - Shared it in 3rd party dev section already
    4. GPU Renderer - Skia
    5. GFX Tools from Play Store
    6. Brain and ability to read and follow instructions posted in English language

Procedure:
    1. Root > Flash EAS Kernel (mcd kernel)
    2. Upgrade Adreno drivers to latest available for Oreo from the thread I shared in 3rd party development section.
    3. Go to Developer Options and set GPU Renderer to Skia. (only available in Oreo OOS, one more reason to NOT to upgrade to Pie for PubG players)
    4. Download GFX tool free app from play store, set resolution to 1280 x 720, graphics to Balanced, FPS to 60fps, enable GPU Optimizations, rest is your choice.
    5. Open PubG, logout, Repair, close PubG, open it via GFX tool with above shared settings.
    6. Open PubG with new settings from GFX tool app and profit!!! Enjoy the game in 60fps with minimal frame drops and lag. I played it for 5 hours straight with an old buddy with charger always ON and had consistent 50-55 fps.

Let me know if you have any doubts or if any step isn't clear.

2. kdx12
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2019

3. shubhamsingh55
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2019

4. ArceRodriguez
    Eclair Feb 5, 2019

5. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 5, 2019 :
    Nopes, I am using GFX tool from months now and i have never been banned even once. You might have done some shady stuff if your account was banned in PubG. I don't try any tricks or hacks to play with controller or anything like that. All I use is GFX tool to lower the game resolution to 720p.

Exactly...just like your post. No purpose to this thread, no contribution to the content, nothing but "useless" :)

What's crappy for you could be a casual time killer or fun game for someone like me or an addiction as you might know it's all over the internet how addictive people are to this game. So if this helps even a single person, what's the harm right? ;)

The purpose of this thread is to help those who can't afford or don't want to buy a new device just to play this unoptimized game, which is the number 1 fps on Android right now. I like tinkering around with my device and now I can achieve 60fps performance on a device who people claim is shitty for this particular game. So if anyone has nothing to contribute to the thread, keep your views to yourselves. We have enough trolls running around here spamming threads.

6. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2019

palc , Feb 5, 2019 :
    good read, brother. appreciate your effort and time you put in. :)

abhibnl likes this.
  7. Rama gangadhar
    Donut Feb 7, 2019

8. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Sure! Let me know if you need any help. My setup will give you better than average PubG experience, if playing this game is one of the reasons for a new device you want to buy. Trust me, people have bought shit-load of poco phones just to play pubg.

9. Amjad Siddiqi
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2019

Amjad Siddiqi , Feb 9, 2019 :
    i have put 60fps, hdr mode and its working fine now, sometimes it starts to lag though, didnt enable anti aliasing.

10. KennyOmega
    Froyo Feb 10, 2019

KennyOmega , Feb 10, 2019 :
    This is actually informative to those who can't spend on a high end device. great read brother. ignore all the other posts and continue sharing your experiences [e]1f525[/e]

11. Praty_28
    Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2019

Praty_28 , Feb 10, 2019 :
    I am going to downgrade to oreo just to test this. Sounds promising...thanks for sharing it with us. Also ignore the trolls, they always react like this when they don't have the prerequisite's to use such advanced tweaks.

12. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 11, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Let me know if you would need any help guys.
    The key to this is GFX tool app (to set game resolution to 720p and enable 60fps), GPU Renderer as Skia, and EAS based kernel.

13. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 11, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Try Balanced or HD. HDR will consume too much of CPU cycles and put unnecessary load on our old chipset. Also, make sure GPU renderer is set to Skia. It's important.

Amjad Siddiqi likes this.
  14. Bharanivijay
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2019

Bharanivijay , Feb 13, 2019 :
    Dude thanks for your help. I see a marginal difference in FPS after updating the drivers. Before there was no GPU usage while playing the game, the CPU used to run at higher speeds to compensate the GPU. Now the GPU is working fine alongside the CPU. Thanks for posting this information.

L1536778809030 and Amjad Siddiqi like this.
  15. FizzyV
    Donut Feb 13, 2019

FizzyV , Feb 13, 2019 :
    Thanks for the efforts man. I am gonna wait for pie though and then try this if nothing improves .

16. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 13, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 13, 2019 :
    Please make sure you are using Skia as GPU Renderer from developer options. It has huge processing advantage over OpenGL. It's not available in any Pie custom ROM i've used so far, so if PubG is a priority, I would advise to stay on OOS Oreo.

17. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 13, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 13, 2019 :
    I have tried some popular Pie custom ROMs and Pie itself, and the updated GPU drivers really don't match the setup I have here. I am playing on impressive fps over a long period of time :)

18. Bharanivijay
    Honeycomb Feb 14, 2019

Bharanivijay , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Actually, changing the GPU Renderer option is available in Skydragon Pie ROM. It even had an extra option in GPU Renderer called "Vulkan(Skia)". I didn't check the performance in it. Now I am using OOS though.

19. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 14, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Was this message intended for me? Just want to confirm so that I can respond accordingly.

20. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 14, 2019

abhibnl , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Actually I'm the one who advised holydragon to include Skia as a renderer in Pie rom. you can check the thread there with my comments "abhibnl". But, for some reasons, it's much more effective in OOS Oreo.
    A new finding though, with the Mcd EAS kernel, I have now underclocked both CPU clusters and there is 0 performance loss. This is next level insanity. Same 60fps game with lower CPU clocks. You should give it a shot. :)