Network/Connectivity Tv share screen

1. ascrounch
    Donut Apr 7, 2020

ascrounch , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Hi

I Always have problem when i want to cast the phone to the Tv ( Lg 55c8oled ) It doesn't work. My tv says : can't connnect..."

I tryed my 2 phones, mine and my gf. Both are oneplus 6.
    Sometimes it's works 10min. After then, i can't do it anymore. Even after reboot the phone.

I think it's a bug from oxygen, because screenshare osnworking fine into Youtube app. Never had any troubble.

But when i want to share the interface of the phone, mostly it doesn't works.

I use the option bult in, and activate "wireless display". I can see my tv. But cannot connect.

I saw a man have the same troubble , with a LG tv too...

Attached Files:

2. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2020

Kytharsis likes this.
  3. DrJMun
    KitKat Apr 7, 2020

DrJMun , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Is there any other TV you can try it on? Is there any other phone you can try? Just trying to pin down exactly where the problem lies.

Kytharsis and Caomhin like this.
  4. ascrounch
    Donut Apr 7, 2020

ascrounch , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Cannot use another tv.

But i reseted my tv...and it's still the same.

I don't want to reset my phone....

5. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 7, 2020 :

ascrounch

Cannot use another tv.

But i reseted my tv...and it's still the same.

I don't want to reset my phone....​

So long as both a connected through the same router on the same network it should just work. Unusual it doesn't, but a search on Google showed issues with other phones as well.

If you don't have this LG phone app, you could try it. Read the info in About this app in the Playstore and see if its compatible with your LG TV. It seems it allows you to view media direct from the phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.app1

Only other issue may be DRM or Widevine issue. Which plays content with no DRM until it feeds back from the server and stops it.

Does it let you play YouTube videos completely without stopping?

DrJMun, ascrounch and Kytharsis like this.
  6. ascrounch
    Donut Apr 9, 2020

ascrounch , Apr 9, 2020 :
    hi

i already tryed LG TV , but it 's no use. it's a remote control. i don't need it.

Also, Youtube is working like a charm, screenshare through it works fine.
    only the screen share with the panel doesn't work ( see the 1st image, i talk about share the phone 's desktop, not only youtube content) i want it for share my desktop, or cast whatsapp, any kind of content.

about DRM, i don't think so, because sometime i can use screenshare hang for 10 min, then after it stops... but most of the time, it doesn't work at all...

Caomhin likes this.
  7. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 9, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 9, 2020 :
    contact OnePlus support directly for more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact/chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support