TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. sauron.cnp
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

sauron.cnp , Sep 27, 2018 :
    55 - 65“ 4k oled hdr
    good remote control you can use in the dark.
    Bluetooth to connect multiple devices (including headphones)
    a separate connectors module connected with a single cable to the panel
    I do not care about voice control.
    A browsing experience not different from a pc o oneplus phone (no lag) standard interface a touch screen remote that mimics the TV so that touching the remote is like touching the TV.

2. ramchek1
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

3. s.mannstein
    Donut Sep 27, 2018

s.mannstein , Sep 27, 2018 :
    I'd like 55-65" 4K. But with a good quality panel. Real 100Hz, OLED. HDR only if it could reach the best certification level. (Not sure if this was THX or some other HDR10+ stuff.) Don't need to have the best sound. Image quality is most important. Netflix and Prime buttons on my remote. And: Ambilight. Currently made that for myself with a Pi3, but that unfortunatly doesn't support Netflix.

So as a fact-Sheet:

- 55-65"
    - 4K OLED
    - Ambilight
    - HDR10+
    - 100Hz panel

And if it comes with Android TV (having that on my second TV at my fathers) it has to be well optimized. On the Sony 55W7-series is a piece of **** and restarts every few hours. (And that after about 20 software-updates)

Make it right, don't try to build a TV which doesn't fulfill dreams :)

Oh and: If you need someone for a german translation, feel free to contact me :)

4. ruiduarte
    Donut Sep 27, 2018

ruiduarte , Sep 27, 2018 :
    hi think that must be one smart TV, mix from Android TV for example, because in my opnion works well I use shieltv and it's great but have both system in the same equipment.
    must be very user friendly , like we have in Alexa from Amazon I like the idea to talk, resume topics:

32 to 42 inch's oled 4k
    talk like system Alexa
    open source app like Android
    wifi connection
    software user configuration to be personal.
    few more things...
    thanks

5. zheyong
    Froyo Sep 27, 2018

zheyong , Sep 27, 2018 :
    First of all, get rid of the bad user experience on current smart TV where you need to use the key on remote to navigate and type.

6. pierro451
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

7. TiMiXx
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

TiMiXx , Sep 27, 2018 :
    good OLED panel
    good os and update
    hight user experience
    IPTV built-in
    Google assistant built-in
    Chromecast built-in
    mic on TV and in the remote
    hidden on demand cam when not use
    if no cam built-in use phone cam when linked with tv
    link TV and phone with NFC
    TV mode or only speaker mod
    only one size .

8. Keerz
    Donut Sep 27, 2018

Keerz , Sep 27, 2018 :
    definitely Audio experience. ultra HD 4k makes no difference and may or may not pull you to your TV with regards smartphone era. Audio experience will be the most important feature for a TV to attract. we go to cinemas for this reason not just for a bigger screen.

9. G_suman_raju_RZVc
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

G_suman_raju_RZVc , Sep 27, 2018 :
    please do launch in 2 different sizes 40" and 55" standard one .

Display should be made of LED, UHD, Full led (no edge led) if it's of OLED then too good, 4k ,hdr, highest frame rate helps for gamers , Android os or oxygen os , smart, 6 to 8gb ram, best processor in the market, sound bars along with the tv or separate launch would be very good, HDMI minimum 4, same with usb USB port 4,wifi,bluetooth ( simultaneously we can connect minimum of 5 devices) wifi hotspots, internal storage of minimum 32 gb, audio support at least 5.1 system, type c, front camera ( family people can have a group chat,

Remote : with a cursor on scree and moving joy stick the remote should be helping to choose the right option rather the button on and having an app for all the smart phones to operate through Bluetooth connectivity as an remote and chargable with traditional charger.

Note: best price compare to market value

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018

10. isty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2018

isty , Sep 27, 2018 :
    4k Oled panel would be a hit, latest Snapdragon, soundbar, frameless display

11. Wakizashi93
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

Wakizashi93 , Sep 27, 2018 :
    Needs for a TV ..
    - At least 4k Resolution, and minimum available size 43" but i would buy 55", and yea HDR.
    - Smart of course, the standard app range as YT, Netflix, bla.
    - Smartphone connectivity, casting..
    - High Quality audio outputs for surround sound (optical, 5.1) very important
    - Multiple HDMI inputs, three is the normal i guess?
    - reasonable refresh rate to maybe support gaming,
    - very important one is a fast OS! pointer/touch remote would be a plus

12. MANYA_1999
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

13. Applephx
    Eclair Sep 27, 2018

Applephx , Sep 27, 2018 :
    features that I would use a lot are apps that stream such as Netflix Hulu, excetera; ability to screen share with my or my friends phones and excellent speakers so I can use the TV for playing music through Bluetooth. finally, one of the most important features would be privacy controls that allow me to clearly know and control who gets my information.

Good luck with the development! I look forward to watching its progress.

14. Mr.Llama
    Froyo Sep 27, 2018

15. Miidou_
    Eclair Sep 27, 2018

Miidou_ , Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hello,I hope a entre Thunderbolt plug to connect a PC or Mac and a Full HD or 4K The screen .

16. F_Peter_W_Pawlak_biNy
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

17. Sankijuh C Phawa
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

Sankijuh C Phawa , Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hello,
    The TV should able to produce colour gamut 100% sRGB which is the universal colour and also closer to 99% Adobe RGB for content creator to able to see accurate colour on a big screen. Once the TV become colour accurate, it become widely useable for all user.

Technical specification
    Display : OLED
    Panel Type: IPS (In-Plane-Switching)
    Resolution: 3840x2160
    Viewing angle: 178 degree both horizontal and vertical
    Response time : 5ms or less (Gray to Gray)
    Brightness : 400 Nits or higher (Adjustable)
    Colour : 100%sRGB 100%Adobe RGB or more Wide Gamut RGB.
    Gamma: 2.2 or less
    Colour Accuracy: Delta E Colour Adjustment Mode : sRGB, Adobe RGB, NTSC, Wide Gamut RGB,user mode.
    Display Surface : Non glare
    Display Colour : 1073.7 M (10 bit)
    Contrast : 100000000:1
    Connectivity : Thunderbolt, Display port, HDMI, USB.
    Picture in Picture (PIP)
    Picture by Picture (PBP)
    Flicker Free
    VividPixel
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Voltage : 100-240, 50Hz/60Hz

18. jayaprakashpollachi
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

19. F1533261010753
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

F1533261010753 , Sep 27, 2018 :
    I want a TV with a universal movie search that can give you suggestions from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, etc all on the same page

20. G_Rodolfo_Guerra_CuYE
    Froyo Sep 27, 2018

G_Rodolfo_Guerra_CuYE , Sep 27, 2018 :
    OLED, with a super smooth OS, with an excellent refresh rate for Gaming and a user friendly App to use as remote for the TV with intuitive gestures as if you were touching the screen itself, decent sound.