TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. f00tbaLL
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

f00tbaLL , Sep 27, 2018 :

so basically you want a Sony android TV what they are selling now

2. chaitanyasai267
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

chaitanyasai267 , Sep 27, 2018 :
    it should be smart enough , AI capable , design should be of next level , and the main part pricing it should be priced such if anyone in market to buy a TV he should not think of any other TV , blindly he should select OnePlus TV

3. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Sep 27, 2018

4. Deactivated User
    Sep 27, 2018

5. G_Violaknight1989_Viola_
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

G_Violaknight1989_Viola_ , Sep 27, 2018 :
    they ask what we wish to have ... Sony it's close but it's not only Sony with Android TV and so on .
    let's see what they bring on market and we can come with conclusion after . it's fair so .

6. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2018

f1982 , Sep 27, 2018 :
    I genuinely can't imagine anything that OnePlus could offer that we don't already have in abundance on the market.
    We already have very good quality TVs at low prices which are sold at minute margins, plus mind blowing TVs at high prices. So I don't know what OP could bring to the physical screen traditional TV market at all. They have no expertise, so could only guy in existing panels and re-brand them.

But I don't think they will make TVs. I think it would be a TV box or dongle. But again, same situation - what could they offer that isn't already on offer? We have multiple TV boxes, multiple services and multiple dongles that are very good and cheap. Could they make something better than a chromecast, firestick or roku stick? Realistically, no, I don't think so at all.
    I'd be very happy to be wrong.

7. G_David_G
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

G_David_G , Sep 27, 2018 :
    -QHD/4K Resolution
    -OLED Display
    -Maybe more than 60Hz
    -fast
    -good-looking, minimalistic UI (based on Android TV?)
    -Enough DP/HDMI Ports&Others Ports
    -edgeless Screen+thin body
    -nice colours or even HDR
    -Network possibilities...
    -built in "reader" for Blu-Rays+DVDs
    -appropriate prize, means as cheap as possible

8. Sérgio Cordeiro
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

9. csigusz
    Donut Sep 27, 2018

csigusz , Sep 27, 2018 :
    First of all it should be OLED, 4K panel with HDR support.
    Fast response for gaming.
    Fast, seamless software, with google assistant/Alexa support.
    maybe it should have be controlled with app...(included basic remote of course)
    And a budget one with LCD 1080p/4K version with same software features.
    And a display port for pc gaming. (not important but good to have one)
    Netflix support, miracast capability.

Lucas_Girala likes this.
  10. Lucas_Girala
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

11. AnunciPronunci
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

AnunciPronunci , Sep 27, 2018 :
    A unique and good cable management system would be nice, to help make the new TV setup really clean and sleek, without loads of messy cables

12. Applephx
    Eclair Sep 27, 2018

Applephx , Sep 27, 2018 :
    The advantage OnePlus can bring to the market is better design.

I have used a variety of smart tvs and most are clunky, the interface is a mess, centered around looking pretty over being quick and effortless and information hierarchy seems to be an unknown factor.

If OnePlus focuses on design that enables a fun experience, an intuitive experience, implementation of both common and unique functions in a better way through design and use technology that most people find both useful and makes them feel good about owning the product (so to provide quality at an economical price) then OnePlus will be able to work their way into the TV market as they did the smartphone market. (through design and accurate customer feedback)

13. Stephen L.
    TV Product Manager Staff Member Sep 27, 2018

Stephen L. , Sep 27, 2018 :
    Thanks, great suggestion!

14. Stephen L.

Very good idea.

FaleshC likes this.
  15. Sasikumartm
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

16. Stephen L.

I also want a TV that can do some housework for me. :) ;) IOT for our homes.

varma246 likes this.
  17. jayasurya29
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

jayasurya29 , Sep 27, 2018 :
    1) 120hz display , IT HELPS FOR GAMERS MOST ,
    2) 4k HDR led ,
    3) Dolby Atmos or harman kardon speakers , sub woofer (without inbuild speaker like regular ) I mean only display unit and separate sound bar - which is to be connected only with single cable

example
    a step into the future with the modular TV design

The modular TV design cleverly separates the motherboard and sound system from the display, hence allows independent motherboard upgrades.
    The display is connected to the Mi TV Bar via a single cable, resulting in a cleaner and simpler wiring that is soothing to the eyes.
    We've also redesigned the ports to be on the back of the Mi TV bar, making them highly and easily accessible

4) True reality -deep black and natural colour. -most imp

5) ANDROID TV , AI - with voice search -rich software - single interface with mix combine of DISH BOX AND REGULAR INTERNET -LIKE XIAOMI PATCHWALL

6) ADVANCE REMOTE WITH BLUETOOTH (ON/OFF BUTTON TOO) , IR BLASTER IT HELPS (UPCOMING SMART PRODUCTS FROM ONEPLUS)

7) 32,42,55,65,75 INCH VERSIONS

8 ) BEST HARDWARE WITH 4GB MIN RAM

AS NORMAL CONSUMER CAN PAY UP TO 1LAKH FOR TV , IF THIS TYPE SPEC SEE IN TVS.

ITS JUST MY IDEA , AS THEY R SO MANY TVS BRANDS ARE THERE , TO GIVE IMPACT IN WORLD , U HAVE TO HAVE BETTER SPEC AND VARIETY THAN ALL - LIKE ONEPUS PHONES

Stephen L. likes this.
  18. Chinmay_Bandiwadekar
    Donut Sep 27, 2018

Chinmay_Bandiwadekar , Sep 27, 2018 :
    1. seemless screen sharing from mobile...
    2. energy efficient....
    4. oled display,..."deep black"
    5. Bezel less...
    6. sufficient hdmi, usb, & aux ports.
    7.wifi, bluetooth connectivity.
    8.mobile app controlled remote. (wifi based)
    9.reminders & alerts provision.
    10. screen saver. (photos slides, clock etc)
    11. fm radio
    thats it, this is what i can think of right now....

most imp...rather challenge...should come in same cost as that of flagship one plus mobile...(42 inch at least)

Stephen L. likes this.
  19. amitkumar80752
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

amitkumar80752 , Sep 27, 2018 :
    I would like a 4K HDR Display with HDR 10 and peak brightness with at least 1000 nits i am looking TV for gaming so i hope if it has good quality screen with less input lag for regualar and HDR gaming.

20. Sebastiano.Fuccio
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

Sebastiano.Fuccio , Sep 27, 2018 :
    I believe Oled 4k screen is a must... audio is not necessarily a focus when the device offers several connectivity options to link external and capable Audio Systems (I am a proud owner of Sonos system and I will be more than happy to connect my new OnePlus TV with a Sonos Beam).
    than ecosystem... mobile phone, laptop, notepad... I am dreaming of a seamless consumer experience, searching content in the handy and casting it on the TV, and, why not, vice versa.