TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. D1537078837847
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

D1537078837847 , Sep 27, 2018 :
    talk about tv.... honestly people don't have time.... watch TV now days...

most of time they spent on there phone rather on TV... occasionally yes they / I do watch TV during sports event

I love OnePlus 6 wch is currently my new phone ..the features is nice and quiet outstanding compare to compiterer ...

tv..

1.should have latest Android or oxygen version
    2. bezel less screen
    3. should have camera on front notch...like phone...for Skype lol

4.im Indian price tag shld affordable [e]1f61c[/e]
    5.notifcation assistance
    6.remote by onplus phone.

2. AliCorrea
    Donut Sep 28, 2018

AliCorrea , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Just not forget basic things like support for multimedia, I mean when I want to watch movies or something (via USB with a pendrive or hdd) some TVs doesn't support subtitles or can't read .srt files. Include support for mp4, mkv, mp3, avi, etc
    AV modes are very useful like Movie, Gaming, Fútbol, Standard or Custom.
    AV including sound

3. G_Abraham_Saifkovic_oNch
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

G_Abraham_Saifkovic_oNch , Sep 28, 2018 :
    movies and + Gaming TV its wow idea
    and TV remote on top to control channels and other side of remote joystick to switch between TV [e]1f4fa[/e] or joystick ️ for gaming with a slider same onplus alert slider

- what's missing when we use gaming joystick is a keyboard
    - what's missing when we use a smart TV is a keyboard
    fot example :
    ps3 or xbox joystick have a big space to add keboard see example on picure [e]1f447[/e]
    1538105138343.jpg

4. srambtech
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

srambtech , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Instead of TV launch Tablet and Laptop. It will reach to all Techie people as well as all type of people. Many people they stopped watching on TV.

5. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

elanglois , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Why would you say "DPI"??

DPI = dots per inch

or total number of pixels / size of TV

ALL 4K TVs of the same size have the same DPI. The bigger the screen, the lower the DPI.

Got it?

6. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

You mean this???

1538105926054.jpg

7. G_Abraham_Saifkovic_oNch
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

8. G_Abraham_Saifkovic_oNch
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

9. Milan_Moradia
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

Milan_Moradia , Sep 28, 2018 :
    For Interface

Now these days mostly i used tv connecting my wifi and watching amazon prime or youtube etc. so allover i expect smoother os experience from tv and time yo time bug fixes and upgrades.

For Design

I expect a tv with very less screen to body ratio. And screen like 4k amoled. No Buttons Front side. and it will be the best display design and faster selling if you can give us water drop notch in tv with front camera.

For Sound.

Many Companies Tried For Better Sound Like Treble And Woofer Effect.

but i suggest dont try to make more base effect in a slum led tv . coz there s no point of that. people will get hometheatre for those effect . but try to focus on sound treble and clearity.

So thats Me With some expectations and Suggesions.

Thanks Oneplus Team. I Hope You Will Read Everyone s Comments.

10. Jugal kalariya
    Froyo Sep 28, 2018

11. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

1 - Channel list?? Are you watching on-air channels???
    2 - Full color range? Define that. Almost no TV supports a full.100% of the sRGB space. Few TVs support more than about 85% of the DCI-P3 colorspace
    3 - Headphone jack? You going to cable your grandpa 6' from a 65" TV? Gonna kill the poor guy! Have you considered that you can WiFi the audio from the TV to grandpa's phone and he can turn it up as loud as he wants. Better yet, the phone can amplify specific frequencies rather than just adding decibels.
    4 - What Internet video are you trying to get? I just said, out loud, "OK Google, play Young Sheldon" and my Google Home started streaming the show to my Vizio TV. What do you want that you can't already get?

12. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

You might as well give up on OLED.

Oneplus is pretty much THE flagship killer, right? They made a name for themselves undercutting the big boys on price.

The only maker of TV sized OLED panels is LG and they don't allow you to undercut them on price. Sony licenses displays from LG, but markets them as premium televisions and charge a higher price.

OnePlus is likely going to compete with midrange TVs like the Vizio M series (or cheaper E series) and TCL's Roku-based models. Both a full array LED/LCD VA displays

13. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

Why not go HDR10+, HLG, and Dolby Vision, too?

1000 nits is pretty high

14. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

Are you aware of what Dolby Atmos is? Its not a speaker manufacturer

15. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

LOL. I was about to say that!

And FYI, Sony uses LG screens

16. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

You do realize that IPS is an LCD type that gets SHIT contrast ratio, while OLED is totally different. They are two different screen types.

400nits sucks, and obviously adjustable. Even an old vacuum tube TV has asjustable brightness.

You know basically nothing about color modes, gamuts, etc. Adobe RGB?? For what? To pay Adobe some money for nothing? They don't make video in Adobe RGB. Wide color gamut TVs use the DCI-P3 colorspace.

Gamma 2.2 or less??? You adjust that based on preference and lighting. Its always adjustable.

The rest of what you put down is a bunch of marketing crap, not an actual spec. Vividpixel? FlickerFree?

Do you know what you want, or are you just stacking up as many buzzwords as you can find to impress your friends with?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

17. Milan_Moradia
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

Milan_Moradia , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Write Your Own Poinrs Mr #Elanglois No Point To Correct Everyone's Comments. Oneplus Will See Suggesions And Decide What To do. If You Are Smart Enough To Take The Step Tham Make Your Own Brand Of Tv and launch It. Or Get A Job. This Is Not Developer Meet. Its A Comunity app where anyoje can participate.

18. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

19. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

This whole thread is a joke. A bunch of people wanting buzzwords they don't understand. They don't even know why they want them, but someone told them it's what they are supposed to want. Worse than sheep!

And yes, I will step in and correct the sheer stupidity of it.

20. shivpkapila57
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

shivpkapila57 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    A touch screen tv with full loaded Oxygen Os or windows inside and 4K resolution with all the connectivity options.