TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

elanglois , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Why would you want to get off the couch and touch the TV, leaving fingerprints and smudges all over it when we have both voice and gesture control?

I don't even need a remote since Google Home does what I ask. It even knows how to open the disc tray on my bluray player and enhance the audio when I stream music.

Touch screen? Whatever for?

2. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

Windows?????????

Oxygen doesn't run on TVs

3. akchaitanyaa
    Donut Sep 28, 2018

akchaitanyaa , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Polished UI, multiple connectivity options, wireless interface to other devices, integrated DTH services, best display (according to screen size), flexi wall mount option, minimal cables to be used, all apps to be supported with multi video playing codec support etc., will add more

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

RoKu does that. Google Home does similar via voice. It's one thing my Vizio doesn't do well since Google Home only finds content from a select group of services.

Finding content from 3rd party sources would be a great option, but also very time consuming to implement even for just the most common services. You simply can't index them all

5. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2018

BYG BYRD , Sep 28, 2018 :
    A TV with DP Port and No Oil Paint Effect on Screen with 4k 60Hz Refresh Rate

6. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

Like these???

1538109315359.jpg

1538109315436.jpg

1538109315476.jpg

1538109315501.jpg

1538109315541.jpg

nehapawar likes this.
  7. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

Why would you have an oil paint effect???? And why such a low refresh rate?

8. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2018

BYG BYRD , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Its 4k ...and I dont want Oil paint effect like MI TV has

9. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2018

What does 4K have to do with anything?

Only oil paint thing I know of is the OOS camera and thats from a denoise filter that removes noise that is an inherent part of a CMOS camera sensor.

A 4K TV just sticks the pixels on the screen as they come in. What do you mean? Can you point to an article that describes this?

10. shivpkapila57
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

shivpkapila57 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    i know they were asking what kind of tv we want too see, so thats just a suggestion :)

11. sethisidd
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2018

sethisidd , Sep 28, 2018 :
    I would surly want it to be smart TV. But my paint points that I would want to be handled is
    - The navigation using remote is not really easy in the TV's that we have today. Would love to have a better remote or UI
    - Voice commands that should do basic things like Opening an app, scrolling, play, pause etc. That would be definitely give a better user experience.
    - A TV intelligent enough to understand what channel or app I am watching\streaming and switch the refresh rate, color dynamics and sound profile based on that.

It's too much but still good to have things. :)

12. Ringa17
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

Ringa17 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    1. 4k Panel
    2.Slim and unique design
    3.HDR Support (Dolby Vision if can )
    4.A web camera
    5.Oxygen like OS
    6.Netflix support
    7. Last but not the least Price should be budget

afsal_ys likes this.
  13. Kash987
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

Kash987 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Crisp display,, loud and clear sound,, wi- fi connectivity,, solid and stylish build quality that's it,,, for rest one plus phones are there,,, aggressive price tag[e]1f44d[/e]

14. Milan_Moradia
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

Milan_Moradia , Sep 28, 2018 :
    yes it is. but wise person can find great idea from any person. thats why they are at almost top of the market.

15. nehapawar
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

16. G_vinay_bs_RtPM
    Froyo Sep 28, 2018

G_vinay_bs_RtPM , Sep 28, 2018 :
    I don't want the TV to be .. ... ULTRA SLIM like lg wallpaper tv... After all it is just mounted on the wall.. It doesn't matter how thick or how slim it is.. once it is mounted on the wall....

And I need a whole "bunch of ports".. A "smart remote" .. A good display... And a "Budget friendly price"...

nehapawar likes this.
  17. Sebastiano.Fuccio
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

Sebastiano.Fuccio , Sep 28, 2018 :
    than I will probably not be a prospect as customer... not sure I will accept a full array, very much depends on the changes the new TV will bring to the user experience... and I don't see this is going to be an easy game ...

18. TonyStarkA
    Donut Sep 28, 2018

TonyStarkA , Sep 28, 2018 :
    1. Performance like OnePlus Mobiles.
    2. Durable even more than OnePlus Mobiles.
    3. Wide angle and night mode supported camera ( if possible it support guestures and motion detection, which help to control TV)
    4. 4k , HDR, 60hz are common now, if possible stretch your screens to 21:9 Which gives us a theatre feeling (While using 16:9 or 18:9 media the black space used to show notifications).
    5. Decent stero sound bar with adequate bass.
    6. Must be above 50"
    7. AirDrop like features for seamless sharing, connectivity and casting with devices.
    8. Sensor to detect room temperature.
    9. Optical output for audio

afsal_ys and nehapawar like this.
  19. BharathLooser
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

BharathLooser , Sep 28, 2018 :
    1. Android p os
    2. 4k support
    3. Dolby Atmos sound
    4. voice control remote
    5. more then 2gb ram and more than 8gb rom
    6. HDMI port
    7. USB port
    8. WiFi
    9. dongle plug and play
    10. Ethernet
    11. Headphone jack
    12. 64bit processer
    13. Bluetooth support

20. Sebastiano.Fuccio
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

Sebastiano.Fuccio , Sep 28, 2018 :
    ...I am in the OnePlus community since only few months but I was thinking to get rid of Samsung since a while... one of the driver that convinced me was the adoption of the Oled panel in the 6. I must confess there are tons of wonders in owning a OnePlus (what a fantastic user experience) but a tear use to come down in my cheek whenever I see how gorgeous is the panel of a S9 or similar.
    ... hence user experience and software are making the difference, but the driver for buying was the Oled panel...
    I believe this type of customer behavior is pretty common and must be considered...
    btw I definitely will consider a OnePlus branded TV comparable to a Sony Oled mid class but priced 500 600 euro less ... and I will be somehow disappointed to see the company of my new beloved mobile competing against the average quality Xiaomi television.