TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. marian_1x
    Donut Sep 28, 2018

marian_1x , Sep 28, 2018 :
    For me, Ambilight it's a must.
    Even though Philips TV's are slow and have generally low performance, I still keep investing as much as 2k euro for its ambilight integration.
    So definitely this is a must for me!

2. Prakash Devile
    Donut Sep 28, 2018

3. Danish_iam
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

4. Sagar6529
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

5. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Sep 28, 2018

Mark Falsing , Sep 28, 2018 :
    TV's are what tv's are..... OLED screens are pref. but for me as long as the picture quality is fine, it's everything else arouond it. The browsing experience, using the TV as a webbrowser, app experiences etc. If that is top notch, along with the picture, and a great price. I may consider a new TV

6. d_alroy
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

d_alroy , Sep 28, 2018 :
    My idea of TV design.

• Thin bezels.
    • 4k ability to change different aspect ratio.
    • WiFi and LAN
    • Bluetooth 4.0 or Higher for wireless headphones
    • USB or external HDD
    • Good amount of USB and HDMi ports, CVBS + Audio, Y.Pb,Or + Audio
    • Digital surround sound Dolby Atmos and Dolby Surround
    • OS please Go for Android OS by default or something O2TV OS which is forked Android OS.
    • Minimalist design for Remote

1. For wired headphones, if possible add 3.5mm jack in remote like how Nvidia SmartTV has.
    2. Conection for Google home
    3. Google assistance on remote
    4. Ideal Sizes. Keep no less than 43"

Edit
    Music Mode : Off the display but plays Audio

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

Stephen L. and sijusid like this.
  7. harrish321
    Donut Sep 28, 2018

harrish321 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    OLED screen, possible option to stream to the new OnePlus tv from OnePlus devices: like games, videos etc. OnePlus devices can also be implemented as gamepads for the games.

8. sijusid
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

sijusid , Sep 28, 2018 :
    hi

I would prefer to have a 60 to 65 inch TV with good software features, something very close to webOS and definitely not android TV. All major 4k apps should be available including 4k casting. support for hlg, hdr10+ and Dolby vision.

for good sound an optional Dolby Atmos and dtsx soundbar can be offered. however by default, the TV should be able to pass through all sound formats including Dolby Atmos and dtsx via HDMI ARC. usb should also support playback of all audio and video formats.

remote should be preferably with air mouse.

last but not the least, an ecosystem with OnePlus mobiles as an incentive for OnePlus users.

for above features, even if there is a premium over Xiaomi TV's, my next TV will be definitely OnePlus.

9. sanjusk1990
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

sanjusk1990 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    OLED
    3 HDMI
    3 USB
    Android with apps to Netflix, Amazon prime
    Subwoofer like low frequency
    Support streaming from Wifi supporting external harddisk

10. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2018

f1982 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    People on this forum, certainly not specifically yourself, keep saying that 'people don't watch TV any more'.
    I don't know where people are getting this idea from. People are watching TONS of TV. TV shows are hugely popular, and there is more choice in top quality shows than ever. People are always talking about the latest show to binge on Netflix etc. I just don't know why this idea keeps getting repeated. Yes people are in love with their phones in this generation - but that doesn't mean they aren't watching TV shows. It's also been shown that despite access to all this content on phones, tablets and laptops, still 98% of TV watching is done on a traditional large TV set.

G_Fredrik_Hammar_SngP likes this.
  11. Purantak
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

12. Regal Jindal
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

Regal Jindal , Sep 28, 2018 :
    I'm ok with anything....it just needs to have a great UI. I have high hopes from OnePlus in this department. #corecompetency

13. Nedok
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

Nedok , Sep 28, 2018 :
    1. Well yes. Public broadcast channels in my country is quite good. News, home improvement, baking, consumer rights, science, programing for children and political debates. You can get a bit of everything when watching on-air channels. And just to mention, No consperecy propaganda. (That stuff can ruin a population.)

2. When sending HDMI signals to some TV, it artificiality reduce the RGB value range where {16, 16, 16} is considered 100 % black. This is also happening on the upper value but I don't remember the value. However, a close to full sRGB could be nice.

3. When using a hearing aid, that's not always a choice. I'm quite sure that having an induction coil for inputing external audio is a universal standard for medical grade hearing aid. However, to be able to use it one have to get the audio to the sender loop through a amplifier unit. This is quite old tech solution but it a good one. It introduces no latency and is quite common.

I do believe that the removal of headphonejack on TV:s could leave people with hearing aid in a bad situation. Not to mention people who just want to be able to watch TV with headphones.

(As for the distance problem, an 3.5 mm audio cable can be 10 meters without to much signal degredation.)

BTW, if you have a app for hearing aid, please share it. All I know is that doing a system like that could be quite hard. (I did try to implement a smart replacement for the coil system in college.)

4. Internet TV. Where I am we have ... let's call it cable over internet. It requires a settopbox and it have a inferior user interface. The thing I want is a way for the TV to be able to run some specialized code to enable it to receive those digital, non public, Broadband providers specific signals. (And that's why I thought it might be impossible, as I'm not sure there exit a standard.)

14. riteshetty
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

riteshetty , Sep 28, 2018 :
    1. Good Sound
    2. Support for Chromecast, Prime Video and Netflix, in Full HD or 4K

15. Nedok
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

Nedok , Sep 28, 2018 :
    well, it could. It's as simple as calling whatever OnePlus is running on a Windows platform for oxygen.

16. kralikgamer
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

kralikgamer , Sep 28, 2018 :
    4K (maybe OLED, but that would affect the price)
    chromecast support
    smart TV OS
    at least 3 hdmi ports
    HDR
    doesn't have to be large (100-120cm) would be ideal, or maybe more variants
    Made for gaming! that's important, because I think, that these days people prefer watching Netflix or playing on gaming consoles on TV.

Keep it up! announcement of this TV really hyped me! [e]1f60d[/e]

17. Nikhil Seenivas
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2018

Nikhil Seenivas , Sep 28, 2018 :
    120hz, great speakers and a great colour gamut and not to mention, Speed with oxygen os for Android tv i guess?

18. Deactivated User
    Sep 28, 2018

19. B1535340764787
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

20. Sumith Chandran
    Froyo Sep 28, 2018