TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. Ms_yasir
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

Ms_yasir , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Good vibrant screen. powerful Dolby speakers with attachable sub woofer included inside the box. all kind of smart TV functionalities.

2. kshitij_motke
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

3. sushant1821987
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

sushant1821987 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Optic amoled full HD & 4k ofcourse....now in TV line....smart TV with better processor & ram type...casting made easy for user to share there mobile content on the smart TV with full screen media play, photos, & audio with superior Equalizer & stereo cum bass speakers....slim line solid state Optic Amoled..... depending on price point...most affordable...& most importantly must have option is :- optimus prime (OnePlus 6 & all compatible OnePlus) sync media content for play only with dock function enable with it...& 120hz for immersive gaming experience...usb 3.0 & HDMI higher version must be available...& much more thing u should add with help of our OnePlus family...I just can't wait for buy one for me!!!

4. nandhan.nandhan
    Froyo Sep 28, 2018

5. L1538064116577
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

6. sagar_khatuja
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

sagar_khatuja , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Simple UI.
    Availability of all streaming apps.
    OLED with Good Inbuilt speakers.
    HDR and Dolby Vision
    Minimum Input Lag

7. NIZAMMUHAMMED
    Froyo Sep 28, 2018

NIZAMMUHAMMED , Sep 28, 2018 :
    need Android TV
    support voice search
    using Chromecast
    support Bluetooth remote
    4k TV
    updates
    and much more

8. Syedarbab.007
    Eclair Sep 28, 2018

9. Ritik_Kumre
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

10. Vasanthece
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

Vasanthece , Sep 28, 2018 :
    I need option to turn off display and speakers should powered on to hear musics and songs.....
    if needed add visualizer for better experience......
    touch pannel buttons.....
    backlight......
    there should be small display for time...
    frameless display......
    smart remote....which should have touch pannel and Bluetooth connectivity...for gaming touch pannel changed to game buttons and normal buttons for tv
    tv should display my name........

11. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2018

obakesan , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Here's a thought, what kind of TV is this TV to be? I mean, TV in the traditional sense is all dead, so is it a TV or just a giant monitor in effect. That is to say will this TV be capable of receiving channels from an antenna? If it launched in the UK, would it have Freeview or Freesat built-in? If it was that be great, cause that would be one less "box" to connect to the TV unless the TV was a box itself. Take Apple, they didn't make a TV since there are tons of TVs out there, but they made a box and software for a great experience.

• hmmm, ok, let's say anyway, this is well a TV, what would be nice then? Hard to say, but some thoughts perhaps
    • thin bezel, 4K, OLED screen, give me a TV I can hang on my wall like a photo frame.clean lines, no buttons, etc.
    • should it have speakers in the TV, they could but that would ruin the photo lines, so how about a separate sound bar with sub woofer. Make this wireless (BT or wifi) maybe so it can relay from the TV wireless but options to support other devices.
    • why not add a camera to it for video calls, like using hangouts on google or whatsapp. I can think of a use case where the TV in living room would make a perfect communications tool to my elderly mother-inlaw. Picture her just sitting on the sofa, looking the big screen immersed in her family having a chat with them.
    • ok, I said make it thin like a painting to hang on the wall, but thats be ugly if you have HDMI connecting out to your xbox, tv box, etc. So keep it on the wall, but have a small, slim base unit that connects wireless to the TV, this can be used to plug other inputs into it as needed. Provide this with enough options, like 4 HDMI, etc.
    • chromecast is popular, bake this into the device so I don't need a big dongle hanging out and I can then cast things easily. Heck, make your own compatible version, call it OnePlus Cast or OneCast or something (TM patent pending)
    • dump the remote control, well make one, but sell it separately, don't include as default, the mobile is perfecty as is for your remote control. just design an awesome remote app for the TV be killer. combine that with alex / google home integration. "hey alexa play simpsons" etc.
    • could add ambient lighting around the edges.
    • the real thing is the software, it needs a truly great and integrated software experience, without that, no matter how good the hardware is, it will fail. should be easy, good UX, allow various options to consume media, like the casting mentioned, via apps, network shares, etc. With the OnePlus mobile, you have the chance to be like apple in owning the platforms. Imagine looking at the gallery app on your phone, fling the photo onto your tv like Tony Stark. ;)
    • recording / pausing TV
    • great boxing and setup experience, bring back some of the original oneplus design hints.
    • (this is totall radical and futuristic, imagine if it's a painting, flexible oled, roll it up into tube, just think the shelf space save in stores!) one day I am sure.
    • AI huh? If it's clever, then it would know my viewing habits, know what shows I like for example and suggest new ones I might like. It would maybe be clever to record or prepare shows. for example, it knows I like Simpsons, so record or show me whenever it on or better ones i have not watched yet, cause if I watch it will know, it knows everything! ;). It knows I wake up at 7am, so turn on automatically, put the news one, it knows I come home 6pm, so turn on, put my fav show on, etc.
    • oh talking about apps and that photo frame, what better than oneplus gallery integration to easily show your pictures and videos, share them on the big screen with friends and family, make it a seamless experience. your tv is your work of art, showcasing your awesome photos, "Shot on OnePlus - Shown on OnePlus TV"
    • TV is an extension of the phone, connect the phone to TV in a way with an optional keyboard / mouse, it becomes a giant PC.
    Tired, so that's a start, if anything, thanks for ideation ;) good luck, look forward to seeing what you guys come out with @Stephen L.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

12. G1ntonic
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

G1ntonic , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Offline ai supported Scene detection so it automatically detects what kind of content you are watching and changes settings accordingly.
    OLED, ambilight, Samsung like only one cable to TV box.
    These are imo the best things you could put in a TV

obakesan likes this.
  13. Ray_ofLight
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2018

14. rohitisricky
    Donut Sep 29, 2018

rohitisricky , Sep 29, 2018 :
    please do not make the same mistakes which few other companies have done, few important points to mention

1. Should be DLed instead of ELed pannel
    2. Should be Google certified with access to playstore
    3. Should support vp9
    4, the response time should be less than 10ms
    5, Should have no judder
    6. Should have HDMI arc that actually works
    7. should have both coaxial and toslink audio ports
    8. speakers should not be less than 20 watts

15. PratikKawade
    Eclair Sep 29, 2018

16. Arunfw
    Donut Sep 29, 2018

Arunfw , Sep 29, 2018 :
    affordable guys with your clean but superb features and I need the OnePlus logo to be more prominent [e]2665[/e]️ and do pls consider already there are some of the Redmi TV are in indian market which are affordable and surprising good and I want my OnePlus take one step more.

17. Intekhab145
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2018

18. aviroop2004
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

aviroop2004 , Sep 29, 2018 :
    a TV on which I can cast anything and everything from my phone.
    It should also have a always on microphone array to listen to my command and turn on. I should be able to walk in the room and say "show me netflix" and it should turn on the TV and open netflix app.

19. Tejaschheda1
    Eclair Sep 29, 2018

Tejaschheda1 , Sep 29, 2018 :
    ya and also at a killer price. Then it would be great

20. Y1537498050206
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018