TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. kamal.kv
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2018

2. Evan_FTW
    Froyo Sep 29, 2018

Evan_FTW , Sep 29, 2018 :
    I would love a TV that is 4K OLED, 80 Inch or bigger with a separate soundbar, 1080p Web Cam.
    TV OS should be modern with a smart hub, TV apps, Android apps integration such as Wechat, Skype etc, along with Chromecast, Google Assistant, AM and FM radio built in.

3. wesselmienis
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

wesselmienis , Sep 29, 2018 :
    OnePlus standards.
    - cooler, slicker and better design then Apple
    - faster, smoother user experience then BMW
    - best wow effect we will ever experience for a TV
    - a hard to beat product by your own next version

we never settle.

o, and fast please my pioneer plasma screen died last night.

4. faisal.sidekick
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2018

faisal.sidekick , Sep 29, 2018 :
    A smart TV that can easily be synced with my android/One Plus phone. The TV should be able to be operated entirely via the phone. (phone should be the remote of the TV). What I do on my phone can be displayed on the TV.

playing games on my one plus but it will be displayed on the TV.

easy video calling feature on the TV
    Google photos
    smooth web browsing experience on the tv

5. Saisibi Suresh
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2018

Saisibi Suresh , Sep 29, 2018 :
    it's obviously gonna be android. so make it fast. make sure it's fast enough. also better integration with ones phone.

6. RAJ KUMAR R
    Donut Sep 29, 2018

RAJ KUMAR R , Sep 29, 2018 :
    just the best build quality with great sound and display and a glowing ONEPLUS LOGO IN FRONT

7. E1537614783465
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

E1537614783465 , Sep 29, 2018 :
    I would prefer a very slim wall mount TV,that seems to be sticked on the wall.
    provided,there won't be any gaps between the whole TV and the wall.it should look like a painting on the wall without a frame

8. obakesan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2018

obakesan , Sep 29, 2018 :
    Well never know, I didn't think of it as much as a wish list more a brain dump of ideas of what a TV could be when compared current market. If they can do some of things that be cool. Put it this way I have a nice 4k Panasonic TV, why should I dump it for a OnePlus TV? What is the #neversettle reason to get that OnePlus TV over an LG, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, etc etc etc

9. F_Jorden_Grewal_QmtA
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2018

10. uttamadhikari30
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

uttamadhikari30 , Sep 29, 2018 :
    I Definitely want a 4K smart TV 32" at an unbelievable Price .

11. Carman00
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2018

Carman00 , Sep 29, 2018 :
    Great Audio
    Possibly 4K
    and somekinda OxygenOSish (if thats possible) version of android tv

12. BraveFox
    Froyo Sep 29, 2018

BraveFox , Sep 29, 2018 :
    Hi @Stephen L.! Thanks for the interest to know what community expect from your next product.
    I thought to the most important qualities that an excelent TV should have, but also something new that no one else has already made in a TV.
    In order, the most important features in my opinion are:
    -Quality of image
    -Sound, an integrated sound bar for the best quality of sound should be wonderful.
    -High speed reply, TV system should be very fast in replying to owner comands, that is to say Switch on/Switch off, zapping and all other comands.
    Some new features:
    -The possibility to access directly ti OP community trough the specific app like in OP smartphones
    -A sim slot to insert a sim and get internet connection directly in the TV without connecting to WiFi or hotspot
    -Record, the recording feature would be very pleasant maybe combined to an integrated memory system to save records in or the possibility to save records into a USB or external memory.
    -Integrated Memory
    -SD slot.

Here are my ideas for your next product, maybe additional ideas will come.

13. G_adarshnholla_adi_MdGw
    Froyo Sep 29, 2018

14. G_Annamalai_Mohan_INwp
    Froyo Sep 29, 2018

15. RISHABHSAINI
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

RISHABHSAINI , Sep 29, 2018 :
    1) the design and navigation should be simple....it really sucks if you are the only one in your family how to operate .
    2)Sound and Display both are important ... nobody wants a big slim tv with dull sound
    3)I don't know how but casting from mobile to tv should be there and also with simplistic design
    4) Enough USB and HDMI ports should be there

G_Tushar_Gujral_PhwH likes this.
  16. G_Tushar_Gujral_PhwH
    Froyo Sep 29, 2018

G_Tushar_Gujral_PhwH , Sep 29, 2018 :
    1 a tv that is user friendly.
    2having a most basic but optimised os of google android tv os like we have in oxygen os
    3having good postion of speaker so that person its audible to every person in a room
    4 it should have the option for inbuilt chromecast and camera option for video calling
    5 also the cable management system should be hassle free
    6 last it should not be pocket heavy.

RISHABHSAINI likes this.
  17. Oreo2201
    Froyo Sep 29, 2018

Oreo2201 , Sep 29, 2018 :
    a TV which can is operable using voice (other than remote control). And has a interactive display, as TV's UI are most underrated and slower.

18. Radyrox
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

Radyrox , Sep 29, 2018 :
    You should implement a feature which focuses on Smartphone and TV working together without any exceptions in Smartphone models.

19. Harshad Bamania
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

Harshad Bamania , Sep 29, 2018 :
    with characters of monitor , in refresh rate & support of 4k, in sound department if it is possible then integrate Dolby system , a display which stand toe to toe with any TV in market , & try to make affordable as your mobile series.

& also it's operating system develop as light as oxygen OS.

20. Toby Tanfield
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2018

Toby Tanfield , Sep 29, 2018 :
    Foundations to the best TV:

- FAST UI
    - 4K Resolution w/ HDR10 etc
    - Wireless charging remote? (Running out of batteries sucks)
    - Voice control
    - Google Assistant/Chromecast implemented
    - Single sound bar which comes with it (the TV's have really BAD speakers, so anything pointing at the user is better automatically anyways, doesn't have to be anything top of the range!).
    - DISPLAY PORT 1.4 PLEASE!

Personally, I don't know why people really want OLED, I would rather have LCD with faster response times, no burn in, and better for console gamers. And for a cheaper overall price.

Like if you agree!