TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. F_Naga_Suresh_wcOz
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2018

F_Naga_Suresh_wcOz , Oct 27, 2018 :
    my version of tv+ would be

oxygen os for tv or any version which can run Android apps
    full HD res should be fine
    screen size between 40-50 inches
    Sound output of at least 100 watts
    wifi 2.4g and 5g support

I feel that the competitive brands just don't put good speakers in the tv and forcing customers to buy sound system separately

As a normal tv user I don't care how slim the tv is or how pretty it looks or how slim the bezels are,(my personal choice) it should have a decent video quality and decent sound without needing any extra sound system.

2. B1539830477127
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2018

3. balakishore gosukonda
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2018

balakishore gosukonda , Oct 28, 2018 :
    if a TV can bring pictures as real as possible(specially to watch live programs such as sports and to watch movies ), can be seen as artistic as it can be in a living room,can be seen and heard clearly for a distance of 8 to 12 feet, can have seam less integration with Ur mobile phone,that can help u browse, and can occupy space around ,say a 40" to 50"... TV that can have a built in settop box or a slot for a 4G sim comparability and can have a secret camera or alarm that can function as a security particularly when it is switched off...pocket friendly ( should give you the benefits of of Big Brands at an economical price)...some thing disruptive not seen in a TV sofar...can have some common functionality with Mobile/Laptop/DeskTop etc.,...what ever said and done vote should go to the Highest Picture Clarity only...

4. balakishore gosukonda
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2018

5. Nordithen
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2018

Nordithen , Oct 29, 2018 :
    I'd love to see MHL support on future OnePlus phones that could work with a OnePlus TV.

6. My OP6
    Donut Oct 29, 2018

My OP6 , Oct 29, 2018 :
    * 42+ inch UHD+ Android Smart TV
    * Best sound quality
    * Built in Chromecast
    * Video calling.
    * Auto Brightness.
    * + All latest features

7. Deactivated User
    Oct 29, 2018

8. Prasath03
    Eclair Oct 29, 2018

Prasath03 , Oct 29, 2018 :
    I believe a workable first version should be the aim for OnePlus TV. If you want to frog leap other brands, the voice activation should be the centre of it. with Alexa and Google home speakers penetrating most households, the revolution should be default in OPTV. I believe OLed panels are still expensive. a good IPS thin panel should be in the first version. Work with multiple broadcasters to provide all the channels directly via WiFi as an app, rather than a default set top box. This would be more like the IPTV setup. In India, you can tie up with Reliance Jio, whose taken the lead in the same.
    Preferable TV specs
    - Top of the line processor
    - 2 - 4 GB ram
    - front firing speakers rather than down firing.
    - atleast 20w output in the speakers
    - side ports for HDMI and usb 3
    - HDMI arc port

Also I believe it'll be beneficial for you to run a survey with this community with a close set of questions. It doesn't make sense to have a very open question, if we're not sure what OP is thinking and where there are challenges.

I guess the universal truth is folks want every available technology in their home with 1/3rd the cost. so I guess that's not going to happen with any company.

UserOnePlus3T likes this.
  9. Jaseem
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

10. chsaipavan
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

11. Mat.PL
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Mat.PL , Oct 30, 2018 :
    New information about this TV ? its quiet, please for any information.
    M.

12. Melchi12345
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Melchi12345 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    please make the tv compatible with philips hue bulbs or other loght standard like xiaomi Yee lightning whitch is cheap and would make the tv much cooler.
    I am starting my house smart echosistem so i have two amazon echo plus and i would like to use them as the main speakers.
    In my opinion you should make a cheaper tv which can be updated the sound via a bundle with a good soundbar.
    I would also like to have integrated android tv because nowadays i usea a lot my Chromecast and it would be like having it included.
    And the tv would be perfect if it had a thunderbolt 3 port where i could connect my mac and use it as a great screen.

13. Melchi12345
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Melchi12345 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    About the image quality, I actually own a MacBook pro 2017 and i do notice the image quality when i start watching something in the Chromecast, so I usually end up watching it on the laptop.
    So for me a good experience tv would be the one that would not make me feel that i am loosing image quality, and i am only upgrading my tv size

14. sahilraosanghi
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

sahilraosanghi , Oct 30, 2018 :
    HDR
    mirror cast enabled
    smart TV with all play store apps working (android)
    not to expensive
    big screen
    light weight
    can be operated using OnePlus devices
    easy navigation
    usb ports , HDMI ports

this is the current trend...if you guys want something extra ...

built-in voice chip
    minimum 64GB memory
    Stereo 3D enabled

I have couple of wonderful ideas , contact me for more if interested..

Email -sahilraosanghi@gmail.com

PLEASE NO MIDDLE MEN ,I WOULD PREFER TAKING ONLY TO THE DECISION MAKING MANAGEMENT...

15. niku_das
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

niku_das , Oct 30, 2018 :
    With no doubt! i want to see less bezels , Android on it , and crisp and vivid quality just like you make it on your phones . My suggestions would be if you go with an OLED panel !!

love your forums just joined today
    i hope the discussion about the OnePlus 7 Begins soon !!

16. niku_das
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

17. Melchi12345
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

18. Z1512768043291
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

19. creativeheart7
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

Jeanmi7 likes this.
  20. darren190390
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

darren190390 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    The perfect television has the following characteristics:

- First of all, the most important thing that no provider can implement correctly. It is the fluid and clear design of the menu. As well as the smooth transition when changing apps.

-Secondly, the TV must support fluid support for the most frequently used apps, such as: YouTube, Twitch, netflix, etc.

-Thirdly, the TV should have the most important connections. Among them thunderbolt 3, HDMI, USB C, sufficient USB A.

- fourthly, at best it should have a low latency for games

AnkushKamboj and Todd W. like this.