TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. Kavin_Ramanujam
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

Kavin_Ramanujam , Oct 31, 2018 :
    4k TV with Dolby Atmos and an user friendly UI with Android of great extinct and at last it should be affordable to every body

2. satt0
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

satt0 , Nov 2, 2018 :
    I'd like to see:
    Good plex media client
    Fast CPU, so starting app won't take ages
    Proper YouTube integration
    Lan port, just wifi is not enough
    Remote controller with qwerty keyboard on the other side
    If you believe that camera is necessary I'd like to be sure that security is more than Powerpoint good

Todd W. likes this.
  3. adityasp
    Donut Nov 2, 2018

adityasp , Nov 2, 2018 :
    1)inbuilt gaming platform
    2) touchscreen
    3) exclusive one plus benefits of casting the device

4. rinzler1989
    Eclair Nov 2, 2018

rinzler1989 , Nov 2, 2018 :
    Oled, exceptional audio, smart TV AND most importantly a buttery smooth user experience without any hickups.

5. Sillypie
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

6. F_Faraz_Kazi_PFVO
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

7. tejgala
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

tejgala , Nov 4, 2018 :
    overall just like Xiaomi's 55" TV.
    Cheapest, Thinnest, Smart TV & Remote, Display Clearity,
    AndroidTV support.

8. Naughty_Potato
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

Naughty_Potato , Nov 5, 2018 :
    What I hope and wish for in OnePlus tv:
    OnePlus IRIS
    IRIS stands for ---
    intuitive
    robust
    immersive &
    smart :

1. Good quality led panel.. better if it's amoled/oled but whatever it may be... must be of good quality and future proof. My Sony Wega is still in pristine condition for 16 yrs.

2. A picture processor for good quality upscaling is necessary.

3. Frame dimming with direct led

4. Vanilla Android OS but with slight signature OnePlus customization.

5. Enough ports ... you decide what is important.

6. At least 4.1 speaker system (4x 10 W with subwoofer) preferably Bass Reflective Speaker.

7. 4K HDR.... must with Dolby Atmos

8. Support for - Netflix/Amazon Prime/HBO etc

9. At least 60 fps panel.

10. Design should be neat and sleek. I like the design of Mi TV but I want OnePlus to do better. I am holding out for that.

Lastly... must come at a reasonable price.

Peace out..

9. Rajesh_Sai_Sajja
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

Rajesh_Sai_Sajja , Nov 5, 2018 :
    hi,
    i would be great to see oled tv with low input lag for gaming and smooth interface , good upscaling as most of content is still 720p and 1080p with as usual oneplus mark competitive pricing. its great to see a company taking input from customers thanks oneplus[e]1f618[/e]

10. darren190390
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

darren190390 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    sry, but why a Touchscreen in a Television?! [e]1f602[/e]

adityasp likes this.
  11. R1541590366009
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

R1541590366009 , Nov 8, 2018 :
    ANDROID TV
    BLUETOOTH
    DOLBY SOUND
    SIZE 40 ABOVE
    SOUND 60 WATTS
    REMOTE VOICE CONTROL WITH VOICE CONTROL
    RAM 8GB
    ROM 128 GB
    HDMI 3
    USB 2

BrettCF02 likes this.
  12. Dhruvit Morningstar
    Froyo Nov 8, 2018

13. Dhruvit Morningstar
    Froyo Nov 8, 2018

14. SurisCheese
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

SurisCheese , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I need tv only for console gaming, so for me all that matters is picture quality. For best sound its always better external sound system and i never use any smart functions on tv because all connected device's already have everything

15. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2018

karthik oneplus , Nov 9, 2018 :
    Make a good quality 4k led BUDGET TV which should have minimum of 4 gb ram.. My Sony 4k android TV has only 1 gb ram which lags a lot. Try to have stock android apps.

16. Rajee Dhamani
    Eclair Nov 10, 2018

Rajee Dhamani , Nov 10, 2018 :
    OLED is obviously the technology that is popping in a lot of TV's today. I think having that dynamic contrast is essential in giving viewers a more cinematic view. I think one of the things that some TV's really lack is the integration of a True Smart TV experience. There are smart TV's there that are compatible with a lot of different programs like Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube, but they go much beyond that. Samsung recently announced their new DEX program with there phone where they can use an HDMI to USB C cord to make any display work as a Samsung computer. If One Plus was able to make that feature possible wirelessly that would be very astonishing. If any One Plus Phone Owner was able to wirelessly make their one Plus TV a desktop, they could attach a wireless keyboard and mouse and have a TV, Desktop, and Phone in just 2 devices. This eliminates the need of a desktop in a persons home.

17. BrettCF02
    Froyo Nov 10, 2018

BrettCF02 , Nov 10, 2018 :
    all the usual stuff 4k, Dolby Atmos, Android Apps, fast smooth OS, fantastic image - no ghosting. all be able to control all apps/TV content via a OnePlus app on the phone (including voice controls).

intelligent content management app that allows you to provide your content preferences, then the app will suggest movies, TV shows etc. you may like to watch..

18. G_pranav_Sard_Bspf
    Eclair Nov 10, 2018

G_pranav_Sard_Bspf , Nov 10, 2018 :
    New o. One plus community
    Hi to all,

As per Indian market tv need to be led and 4k enabled and cheaper then major brand. UI modification need to enable as per customer comfort.

Regard's
    Varun

19. rami.abouemira
    Froyo Nov 10, 2018

rami.abouemira , Nov 10, 2018 :
    Hey folks at OnePlus,

I'd like a TV that was flat, around 50 inches, and had a chrome cast integrated into its functionality. Cable TV is dead so this would need to be optimized for browsing the internet and connecting to devices seamlessly.

20. karthikgh99
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2018