TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. ZiaZia
    Eclair Nov 13, 2018

ZiaZia , Nov 13, 2018 :
    A smart gaming TV that can handle high FPS games like COD or overwatch. Perhaps with a little bit of storage so you can download some indie or light games on its hard drive and play them without any consoles or PC.

2. adityasp
    Donut Nov 13, 2018

adityasp , Nov 13, 2018 :
    I would to change that to voice control

3. G-Storm
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2018

4. shrikalase
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2018

shrikalase , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Suggested Name- OnePlus Vision TV

32'(FHD) 42'(FHD)& 60' (4K) LED panel,
    Qualcomm 820E embedded platform,
    Android TV[e]2122[/e], 64GB storage,6GB Ram,
    STEAM support, 2 ports of USB3.1,
    Wifi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0,
    Media remote control,
    Google voice support.

Starts from 349$

ketankhairek likes this.
  5. Z1542299051826
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

6. S1542202921841
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

S1542202921841 , Nov 15, 2018 :
    we like home theatre inbulit with oled display and also add three HDMI and two USB with VGA and all sound and video cable inserts and full awesome looking tv in affordable price so hope you read and you install this features thanks[e]1f44d[/e]

7. S1542202921841
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

S1542202921841 , Nov 15, 2018 :
    and also Oneplus we have to install Dolby atmos and 6gb ram and 120 GB 3.0 ufs storage with 4k resolution and 120hz refresh rate with rgb lightning and 835 processor for better gaming in android tv with oxygen os and all inserts are on side for easy install so hope you like our suggestion thanks Oneplus team

8. Fursan Afzal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2018

Fursan Afzal , Nov 16, 2018 :
    wallpaper 4k OLED android tv, affordable than the competitors, beneath screen speakers also 120hz display

S1542202921841 likes this.
  9. S1542202921841
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2018

10. maximal096
    Donut Nov 17, 2018

maximal096 , Nov 17, 2018 :
    "The speed you need" (decent Android or Roku box in the box)
    Im looking for ''the speed you need" as far as the android box (presumably android) thats in the TV goes. Also be transperant about the specs of the box in the box and dont hide them. Especially if you put something actually worth mentioning in it. And just in general I´m so annoyed how hard it sometimes is to find an ACTUAL spec list of some TVs these days.

Modular box in the box (not absolutely necessary)
    It would also be really cool if we could upgrade the smart tv box. Swap it out, swap new one in, once it´s being overshadowed by new stuff that came out. I´m not saying I expect this. Nobody else does it. BUT, it would be very cool. In a perfect universe I´d be able to just do that and keep using the rest of the TV as is.

Fast OS updates
    I would also hope for the same kind of fast updates we currently enjoy on our Oneplus phones.

Good non-cluttered bluetooth remote
    As far as the remote goes. Bluetooth is a must. The remote should not have too many useless buttons. I dont watch traditional TV on my TV anymore. Its all streamingservices, be it local (plex, emby) or netflix, hulu, amazon prime. Do something like samsung does on their smart tv remotes.

Remote control app for Android and possibly IOS
    Additionally a well made remote app with the ability to stream sound to your phone in order to use wired headphones without much of a hassle similar to how roku does it would be nice. The app should be available for all phones. Not just oneplus.
    Additionally, streaming content from your phone to your TV. But chromcast can already do that. You probably should not rewrite chromecast. Just include chromecast.

60 hz panel here is why
    I do not believe you should use a 120hz panel. 60hz is enough. Simply because for one I do not believe many people play with their PCs on TVs. Especially not at 4k resolution and actually achieve those framerates. For consoles I do not think it matters. I mostly play with my Nintendo switch and that one is capped @60hz 1080p. I do not believe a ps4 pro will push more than 60fps @4k (if the connector even makes it theoretically possible to begin with, I did not look that up). Still, it´s beyond my understanding how some people believe a PS4 would outperform a PC and truly believe they will benefit from above 60hz on their consoles. The rest of my gametime is spent on PCs and I would rather keep doing that on my 27' 1440p 144hz screen. Additionally NVIDIA is already gonna do high refresh rate TVs with gsync soon tm. I do no think you should directly compete with them.

Oled maybe I don´t care enough personally though
    Oled maybe, *but* I dont need it. I would prefer it being cheaper, but I probably would get it either way if it matches what im looking for in all the other departments. No one is complaining about TCL´s panels. They are good enough for my visual needs. And they are way cheaper.

Must be 4k (obviously?)
    4k is a must on big tvs i think. Yes I do not have a lot of 4k content at this point in time. But it seems to me every tv is 4k, where would you get the actually good 1080p panels this size from? And 4k will be becoming more commom over time

Screensize
    Imo up to 55' is enough maybe 65'. But obviously should be available in smaller sizes too.

Vesa mount

Also vesa mount would be appriciated. But i dont think there is a world you wont give us that option. Am I wrong?
    And possibly make a set option with a vesa mount already included that you either made yourself or tested and rebranded. Does not really matter. Just an unnecessary conviniece add-on. (unnecessary, because you could just go and buy one anywhere, but this way we´ll buy from you)

Optional soundbar, otherwise no sound built in
    As far as sound goes. For me personally it might as well have no speakers. Im very much a sound purist/audiophile. Pretty sure your solution wont make the cut for me. But it does not have to. Just sell an optional soundbar imo. No speakers in the screen itself required.

External box with PSU and all the cables?

This point i´m not really sure about. I believe it would make sence to put both the power supply and all the connectors in a seperate box thats connected with one single cable to the TV. Similar to how LG does it on their super thin TVs. However, I dont really care THAT much. Also it does not need to be paper thin.
    If you wallmount your TV it´s easier to get to where the cables are. But it´s manageable either way.

Connectors
    - multiple HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1 (in case of 120hz 4k) I´m fine with 2, but the more the merier
    - 1x Displayport 1.2 or 1.3 (same story) and aux input for those (but honestly on second thought, just put a 3rd HDMI connector it carries sound too)
    - Possibly 1x Thunderbolt 3 to connect a notebook to it and best case charge it (completely optional as long thunderbolt cables are expensive and really long is impossible), So it´s kinda like why are you are connecting a notebook to begin with just get a HTPC (Intel Nuc?) But then maybe it´s not worth that much to some people. However thunderbolt is also an investment. I don´t know make the choice. No idea what a thunderbolt connector costs to include.
    - at least 2x USB, if I could choose I´d pick 2x 3.1 with one of them being type c and one of them being type A. Full type A is fine. Mostly ment for connecting a Harddrive for people that don´t have a NAS and view stuff on the big screen from it. Although many people these days that don´t care to own their data have it in the cloud these days and others tend to get a NAS eventually.
    - I don´t personally need 2 DVB-C tuner. But some might want that. At least one though.
    - All the audio connectors in the world. Stereo RCA connectors. And also 5.1/7.1 output and a simple 3.5mm aux connector.
    - Ethernet... How did I forget ethernet. We need ethernet. End of story. No arguing. Must have 1gbit ethernet. This is something I almost take for granted on something stationary. Guess that´s why I didn´t think of it at first.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018

Todd W. likes this.
  11. R1542234354230
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2018

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018

12. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Nov 21, 2018

Todd W. , Nov 21, 2018 :
    @maximal096 great, i didn't miss this post. Thank you!!

13. W1541683950611
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2018

W1541683950611 , Nov 21, 2018 :
    A 4k TV
    OLED
    Best quality audio system
    Android TV
    Chromecast
    With gaming capabilities
    Have a good and convenient type search speed

14. G_rohit_kinkar_GEiD
    Eclair Nov 21, 2018

G_rohit_kinkar_GEiD , Nov 21, 2018 :
    * *FOR ONEPLUS UNIQUENESS **

HD Cam at middle top edge + mic in remote
    for live communication family to family.[e]1f609[/e]
    very simple . Believe me this is the dream requirement of every family.

Major specs-

Certified Android tv

4k HDR with 200HZ of refresh rate

Chrome cast

4/6 gb RAM - 32/64 gb or we can use external storage as internal- features

Minor Specs -

3 Hdmi ,3 usb , optic out , RJ 45
    If speaker will be of sony then it's definitely feel premium.

thats it !
    these are must have basic requirements.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018

W1541683950611 likes this.
  15. G_rohit_kinkar_GEiD
    Eclair Nov 21, 2018

16. F_Krishna_Yachagatta_dEn
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

17. mit2nil
    Froyo Nov 23, 2018

mit2nil , Nov 23, 2018 :
    - 4k oled screen with local dimming and other cool features on top of latest HDR standard
    - good range of screen size, personally I prefer 55-75 inch
    - Roku or Android TV software platform
    - attractive and out of the box design
    - budget friendly
    - decent sound with support for external sound bars supporting advanced Dolby/DTS formats
    - good set of IOs, USB C, HDMI, ethernet, traditional antena tuner aux, audio out, display port, standard USB

18. Rambabu Kella
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

Rambabu Kella , Nov 24, 2018 :
    4K 60/120 FPS
    3 USB ports with 3.0 speed , all types of storage
    wife with higher speed
    4 HDMI 2.0 ports at least
    2 optical ports in and out
    bluetoth supposed remote like Xbox controller
    TV should support all video playbacks like VU tv4K Iconium

Todd W. likes this.
  19. F1542909936670
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

F1542909936670 , Nov 24, 2018 :
    I'm waiting for one plus TV..I was about to buy Mi and when they said one plus TV going to launch next year. I cancelled my plan to buy TV in this year. Hoping soon for one plus TV to launch quickly in the next year.

20. saiharsha paladugu
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018