TV Talk Series: Week 1 – What kind of TV would you like?

1. L1540311310878
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

L1540311310878 , Nov 24, 2018 :
    It should have snapdragon 845 in it with Bluetooth and wifi and also a pop up camera(motorized),very good speakers and the most important thing having a simple user interface like oxygen OS and the best wifi connectivity , no days games like PUBG is very trending so you could provide a controller similar how it's maped on the game screen (this would attract costumers) and a high resolution screen,also it could connect with home assistance like Google home and alexa, thin Bessel, inbuilt RGB LED strip BEHIND THE TV

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018

2. Rajjo98
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2018

Rajjo98 , Dec 1, 2018 :
    An overall better and responsive UI would be a great help because not much television sets are that responsive and snappy. secondarily, the audio system should not only be loud but accommodate for some variations in clarity, bass and treble.
    Do provide for a few locally popular applications.

3. karuppiah2112
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2018

karuppiah2112 , Dec 2, 2018 :
    @Stephen L. Thanks for the Thread

when you guys are Making a television it will be fast No Doubt

Consider the Following points to make it even more better

Go with OLED as it look much better than regular LED ,LCD

Refresh rate should not less than 120 Hz

Enable HDR support and Dolby vision for accurate and sharp colours

Give minimum 4 HDMI and 4 USB ports and with HDCP compactablity

Sound is the main thing which makes the movie experience more immersive so Try to add Dolby Atmos Technology for sound. it will be even better if you bundle a good quality and capable Atmos enabled sound bar with the TV.

4. pradi.2535
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2018

pradi.2535 , Dec 2, 2018 :
    4K HDR PLUS

DOLBY VISION

MOTION RATE 120 HERTZ

DOLBY ATMOS CODEC

DTS HD MASTER AUDIO CODEC

SCREEN SIZE SHOULD BE MORE THAN 49 INCHES

USB DRIVE RECOGNIZE ALL FORMATS FILE SYSTEMS ( FAT32,EXFAT,NTFS) some other brand like LG, SONY doesn't support NTFS format USB DRIVE.

USB MOVIES PLAYS ALL FORMATS EXTENSIONS LIKE H265, MKV, MP4,AVCHD, AVI, WMV, MOV and so on

SMART TV WITH NETFLIX

RAM SIZE SHOULD BE MORE THAN 4GB

ROM SIZE SHOULD BE MORE THAN 16GB

5. MakaanPL
    Froyo Dec 3, 2018

MakaanPL , Dec 3, 2018 :
    DISPLAYPORT IS NOT DEAD

Some people use TV's for PC gaming or even as bigger, hi-res displays for normal work. But in notebooks and desktops with output from Intel integrated graphics only (or switchable) there is no HDMI 2.0 available and therefore it is not possible to drive 4K60 display. 4K30 really sucks.

If you have only legacy HDMI 1.4, it's over. But if there is a DisplayPort 1.3 available, then you can use DP-->HDMI 2.0 adapter, which is not cheap.

Please add DisplayPort input for those who have it in their machines (also as USB-C alternate mode) and lacks HDMI 2.0. This layout is very common in business laptops and premium consumer ones.

@Stephen L.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018

6. Mat.PL
    Froyo Dec 7, 2018

7. K1544335369709
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

K1544335369709 , Dec 9, 2018 :
    First and foremost I want a TV, if you're making a gaming monitor, call it that instead.
    But really I want you guys to do what you do best. Stunning software, ease of use, and innovative features, solid build quality, and high end comparable hardware.

8. Arvind9118
    Froyo Dec 14, 2018

Arvind9118 , Dec 14, 2018 :
    my first priority will be loading apps fast
    speaker quality should be nice and lastly screen quality should be great.

9. InfinityPlusTV
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

10. Mat.PL
    Froyo Dec 19, 2018

11. InfinityPlusTV
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2018

InfinityPlusTV , Dec 20, 2018 :
    думаю,развивается и принимает форму и содержание,близкие к идеалу. I think, develops and takes the form and content close to the ideal

12. JoeBall
    Honeycomb Dec 28, 2018

JoeBall , Dec 28, 2018 :
    Oled hdr on all models as standard even at a 720p model
    built in chrome cast and built in Google assistant with mic built in to TV itself not like the Amazon voice remote hi Res audio upscaler built in Netflix and other apps built-in
    an all round super smart smart TV

13. rpisarskis
    Froyo Dec 31, 2018

rpisarskis , Dec 31, 2018 :
    I watch a lot of fast paced sport and can't find a tv that doesn't break up when there is a lot going on. I like a tv woth a great picture that doesn't break up.

also Google is trailing a game streaming service. to have this built in would be great

14. tulasiram1729
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2019

15. AnkushKamboj
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2019

AnkushKamboj , Jan 2, 2019 :
    You see the issue with normal tv remotes is that they make navigation slow. We go from one selection to other by pressing buttons like a very very old nokia phone.

Just make sure your remote makes navigation much easier, maybe something like laser pointers or something more innovative....

tomtho likes this.
  16. A1546573644665
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

A1546573644665 , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Hey,
    I have a few ideas that could be utilised ,
    1)A good design at the back side of the panel is equally important as the front.
    2)Pop up camera for video calling ,
    3)easy connection of wires on the backside, if the TV needs to be wall mounted.
    3)Microphone on the remote ,
    4)Air mouse option for the remote, so you dont have to keep pressing buttons everytime .
    5) A fingerprint scanner on the remote, that opens up the TV viewing profile of the individual who's fingerprint matches the profile .

tomtho and Todd W. like this.
  17. Mat.PL
    Froyo Jan 5, 2019

Mat.PL , Jan 5, 2019 :
    we talk talk and talk at this TV but we not have any information, maybe this project died ? in my opinion it would be better oneplus notebook

18. davkos
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

davkos , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Tablet/notebook perhaps?

19. Mat.PL
    Froyo Jan 5, 2019

Mat.PL , Jan 5, 2019 :
    tablet no, touchscreen also no, notebook 13-15" with lighting oneplus logo on back that would be it

20. KnightRider33
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

KnightRider33 , Jan 6, 2019 :
    I personally own an Apple TV due to there ebing no decent Android alternatives , I rarely play games although I do watch all of my TV content from the OS , Netflix , Plex , YouTube , various native TV apps from the UK etc. the user interface is clean and Siri can in some rare instances save time on requesting certain searches within YouTube (Google Assistant would do a much better job).

I think to craft the perfect TV it needs to be attractive in terms of specs and display at an entry level price point and Android TV built in with Chromecast facilities. I think OnePlus could add some secret sauce to it too with maybe a user profile setting I.e Detects my face asks if I'd like my profile loading or just a family profile (in instances where there are more people in the room) if I select my profile it loads Android TV with my apps , same with children etc it could load their profile with preset apps inputted by parents with apps they can play with or child friendly TV shows etc. The face detection would be exactly the same as what's in the OnePlus 6T and instead of it being in the TV , you could either use your OnePlus phone or maybe build a camera into the remote , so a child would simply hold it to their face and it would unlock the TV with their profile ,unique and cutting edge. As TV is moving away from standard cable and online I'm finding people are getting more personal with it so this would be a good idea to personalise the family TV without compromise

tomtho and Todd W. like this.