3) improved stereo sound
    4) touchscreen
    5) inbuilt gaming platform
    6) one plus device casting

Todd W. likes this.
  4. rinzler1989
    Eclair Nov 2, 2018

rinzler1989 , Nov 2, 2018 :
    Make a tv, that can use and install apps without problems and a smooth experience.

Just do something that no manufaturer does, use a powerful processor!

Todd W. likes this.
  5. samineni rajasekar
    Froyo Nov 3, 2018

samineni rajasekar , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Hii oneplus team.

If the tv run based on OXYGEN OS its nice...
    If tv have headphone jack and AUX port its good.
    If the TV have build in Web camera with decent stereo speakers is very nice.
    And you make the tv is very useful to especially oneplus users via using gadgets. This will help for oneplus marketing also.
    And finally the tv size varients like starting from 42 inches and decent price...

Definitely the ll are come to one tv its nice...

By
    OnePlus lover[e]2764[/e]️

Todd W. likes this.
  6. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 3, 2018

elanglois , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Everyone keeps talking about oxygen OS, yet the differences between oxygen OS and standard Android are features that probably don't apply to a TV anyways. I mean what features are we really talking about? I think the question is what features form oxygen OS you actually want on your television?

I think a webcam on the TV is going to make the bezels larger and make a lot of people shy away from it. it can hurt sales a lot more than it could actually help. I think webcam support within the OS for people who want to plug in an external camera, maybe one released buy OnePlus as an accessory, would work a lot better and suit more people's needs.

I personally wouldn't care about the speakers on the TV as I think they're a total waste. I'm going to plug it into a surround sound system anyways, and most people are going to use a soundbar. Most sound bars will not give you surround sound as you're going to have to have extra speakers anyways.

OnePlus won't keep a headphone jack on their phones but we're going to put what on a TV? who plugs headphones into a television? how about bluetooth support for multiple pairs of headphones plus a toslink digital out capable of at least 5.1 surround, and HDMI audio out, perhaps dedicated HDMI audio out (perhaps with CEC available on this port) in addition to regular ARC support. A dedicated Audio Only HDMI port gives maximum flexibility. Analog outs are outdated since people want surround and most analog outs will be stereo only. Few TVs will have 6 analog outs for 5.1!

7. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 3, 2018

elanglois , Nov 3, 2018 :
    One PludI should have two TVs. One for the Indian market, and one for the rest of the world

8. Naughty_Potato
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

Naughty_Potato , Nov 5, 2018 :
    What I hope and wish for in OnePlus tv:
    OnePlus IRIS
    IRIS stands for ---
    intuitive
    robust
    immersive &
    smart :

1. Good quality led panel.. better if it's amoled/oled but whatever it may be... must be of good quality and future proof. My Sony Wega is still in pristine condition for 16 yrs.

2. A picture processor for good quality upscaling is necessary.

3. Frame dimming with direct led

4. Vanilla Android OS but with slight signature OnePlus customization.

5. Enough ports ... you decide what is important.

6. At least 4.1 speaker system (4x 10 W with subwoofer) preferably Bass Reflective Speaker.

7. 4K HDR.... must with Dolby Atmos

8. Support for - Netflix/Amazon Prime/HBO etc

9. At least 60 fps panel.

10. Design should be neat and sleek. I like the design of Mi TV but I want OnePlus to do better. I am holding out for that.

Lastly... must come at a reasonable price.

Peace out.

Todd W. likes this.
  9. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2018

elanglois , Nov 5, 2018 :
    4.1??? Do you really mean no center channel and to have the surround speakers IN the TV? You know they have to be placed behind you right? And how do you get a decent sub in a flat TV?

And why Atmos? Atmos processing for 4.1? Why? Or did you mean Dolby Vision?

10. Naughty_Potato
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

Naughty_Potato , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Sorry . Dolby vision... 5.1 will be good. My Lenovo laptop had a subwoofer... So, I think they can introduce it...

Todd W. and elanglois like this.
  11. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2018

elanglois , Nov 5, 2018 :
    laptop subwoofers are just marketing gimmicks they don't actually go that low. But more of a single woofer than a subwoofer.

And for 5.1 ... where do you put the rear speakers?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018

Naughty_Potato likes this.
  12. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2018

LegoDK , Nov 6, 2018 :
    A smart TV, under the Never Settle mantra, should definately take into consideration that it's users are techies and "geeks".
    Therefore: Plenty of HDMI ports:

I currently need for my: PS4 Pro, Switch, 3D 4K Blu-ray player, Top Set Box (Cable Provider) and for my Surround System.

To aim wide, audio wise the set should support both DD and DTS.
    As mentioned before alot of the users are probably fond of tech (and most probably are fond of gaming) therefore minimal input lag/low response time would be preferable.

Philips ambilight is a really pleasant concept to look at, so if you could come up with something similar, without infringing copyrights, that would be a big plus!

What really annoys me the most, is that a lot of the companies doesn't provide the same support for Android apps as my phone:

Eg. my LG will let me watch Netflix in its Native App, but if I want to watch HBO Nordic (HBO Play in Scandinavia) I will have to cast from my phone or laptop.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018

Todd W. likes this.
  13. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2018

elanglois , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Re Ambilight: I had forgotten about those and it looks like they still sell them. Interesting concept.

Re Apps: I think its up to the service provider. HBO is notorious for not playing well with others. You can't expect the TV manufacturer to support everyone sincr the provider has to supply information about how to access the content. However, HBO Now app will link with Google Assistant, so you can just say "Hey Google, Play Game Of Thrones" and it should do it. Its a lot easier than dealing with an app. Since OnePlus is small, the only way they'd get decent app support is by running Android and letting you install the app. Hopefully they won't screw up the widevine support!

14. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2018

LegoDK , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Android for me is fine!
    The whole point is, that I would like to access the same stuff on my TV, as I can on my phone!
    Preferably without having to cast, as it often means settling for lower quality [e]1f60a[/e]

15. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2018

I agree with everything you said up until you said the casting is lower-quality. That actually isn't true. If you do a screen cast that can lower quality, however using the cast button is full quality. I know because my Vizio TV has a Chromecast Ultra built in, and literally everything is cast to the TV. Even the built-in apps are actually HTML5 based and just built in casting.

16. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2018

LegoDK , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I can't only speak for when I cast from my OP5 or my P20 Pro, the quality is almost always worse, than on the original playback device.
    Either it stutters, the image quality shifts or maybe unit starts to buffer.

That might be due to bad wifi.. But nevertheless I never have this problems on the built in streaming apps.

17. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2018

Are you using the cast button in the app or screen mirror? In the former (if its chromecast), your phone doesn't do anything but tell the remote device where to find the file. in the latter case, your phone itself supplies the data which hits your network twice and causes the issues you describe. For miracast, I think its always the latter.

Todd W. likes this.
  18. alphapapaactual
    Froyo Nov 6, 2018

alphapapaactual , Nov 6, 2018 :
    My Sony android TV decide to restart itself whenever it felt like I was watching to much Netflix before. now Sony patched the problem by creating another one. I can't start the TV by using the built-in Chromecast feature because they believe I need to save electricity by removing the standby function...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018

Todd W. and elanglois like this.
  19. D1539503700399
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

D1539503700399 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    hello, it is nice to know about new product from Oneplus. Hope more product that will release soon from Oneplus.

Todd W. likes this.
  20. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2018

RohitTheDevil , Nov 6, 2018 :
    In my opinion, I need a Smart TV from OnePlus which should have a Dolby digital sound, 4K HD display, Bluetooth for headset connection, Android/Oxygen OS with Playstore available for app downloads, pre-installed basic apps for video and music based on geographical regions.

1. Ultra thin.
    2. Dolby Sound
    3. Full HD 4K
    4. Bluetooth & Wi-Fi
    5. Support for Play Station
    6. Android OS with PlayStore available.
    7. HDMI/USB etc enough ports, preferably at side, instead of at back.
    8. Voice Control Remote with Mute, volume and enough extra buttons available for ease usage.
    9. Remote Battery should be chargeable instead of battery type.
    10. If possible, specific remote buttons for Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.
    11. Should be available in big size like 43, 49, 55,65 etc.
    12. Most importantly, price should be reasonable and affordable well within ₹50K.

Cheers!!!

Todd W. likes this.