Two months later: How do you like your OnePlus X?

1. pojr
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2016

pojr , Jan 8, 2016 :
    Two months has passed by so fast. The phone was released on November 5, 2015 and it's already the new year. There was a lot of conversation about the OnePlus 2 being the true flagship killer over the OnePlus X, and the lack of Band 12 and 17 LTE frequencies being a major problem for US customers. Two months later, how do you feel?

I'm still extremely satisfied. My fear (like with all phones) is that the excitement would die off and I would hate the phone after a few weeks, but I'm still going strong - this is a good phone. The LTE problem ended up not being an issue (for me, and most other people it seems), the scaled-down specs (compared to the OP2) are not an issue to me, and it's just a solid phone. The only real issue I'm having is occasionally phone conversations cut out, but it's rare.

Are you still in good spirit?

2. Venu_Appa
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2016

Venu_Appa , Jan 8, 2016 :
    My previous phone was the moto g which was very reliable. It never crashes, never let me down with excellent battery life. The software running it was equally Flawless.
    As for the oneplus X only the battery life is good. The software is littered with bugs. I wish that the standard of the oneplus X software is as good as the moto g.

3. cianoc07
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2016

Ceasedd likes this.
  4. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2016

Ceasedd , Jan 8, 2016 :
    On my Onyx now.Still happy with it.:)

aaron.hossain75 likes this.
  5. guisbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2016

guisbro , Jan 8, 2016 :
    No issues whatsover. Better than I expected in every area. Like the size, weight, screen, battery life, value. 10/10

benluca likes this.
  6. GQuinn1972
    Froyo Jan 8, 2016

GQuinn1972 , Jan 8, 2016 :
    Best phone I have ever owned and considering the price you can't fault the build quality. But yes, there are a few software issues that need to be sorted out. Hopefully Oneplus will hire a top developer to iron out the software issues ready for release of Marshmallow. Oneplus are a very young company so I am willing to give them time, as long as they show that they are willing to support their customers and devices long term. Oneplus need to remember that an happy customer will tell about 3 people, an unhappy customer will tell at least 10 (in some cases considerably more)

Paul Tasker, Hrishie50, sam2t and 4 others like this.
  7. KatMiku
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2016

KatMiku , Jan 8, 2016 :
    It's alright, for the price I would say its fine but it has some annoying bugs.

- LED flashes in all different colours when asking it to flash in 1 colour in WhatsApp, works for a while after reboot so its a software problem.

- Phone randomly vibrates sometimes while making phone calls.

- I got worse Wi-Fi connection in my bedroom compared to my old iPhone, OPX would lose the Wi-Fi connection for a min and then get it back, probably lack of 5Ghz Wi-Fi in my case.

- Speaker is subpar for music, most phone speakers are but this one gets really bad above 50%,the sound distorts and goes hollow. it's easily beaten by my old iPhone 5s speaker without breaking a sweat.

-Headphone jack produces pretty bland and flat sound, its even subpar with a pair of Sony in-ear headphones, its ok but its far below A brand phones in terms of output.

Some of these things will bother some people less then others, I listen a lot of music and use Wi-Fi in bed so the Wi-Fi drops and speaker/headphone jack are some niggles I have with the device.
    But overall i'm happy keeping the price in mind and give it 7/10

8. alflenni
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2016

alflenni , Jan 8, 2016 :
    First of all: I love this phone for what it is! Though.... i've also only had it for 1 week.

My issues so far are:
    1. It seems overly complicated to turn of all notications for all your apps. I don't want any of my apps to tell me anything. I want control and i wanna conserve battery this way. I've done the best as i could blocking or turning off.
    2. Battery is a problem. If i leave in the morning at 08.00 (screen at 25% brightness maximum, mails at manual and most (excpet for 2 or 3 that i cant) of my notifications turned off. My phone dies around 18/19.00, maybe i can push it to 21.00 on a good day (If i don't oversocialize and/or take too many pics). That's bad! I now try to use flightmode too. But should i really have to do that? It's definitely not a party phone. Meaning: Bring a battery if you wanna go straight from work and out.
    3. I can't figure out how to set the phones lockscreen to not lock for a certain amount of time. Yes, there's a screen off time setting. But, no timer for when the phone locks. Annoys me.
    4. Vibrations! I don't mind the vibration on tap to wake (Even though i would love to be able to turn it off to conserve... BATTERY life) But, the in call vibrations are insane and i think the phone thinks that my cheeks are trying to unlock the device???? Or.......????
    5. I can't seem to figure out the logics of the Micro SD card. I manually have to move everything over and i feel that it's a tedious task having to do that with both apps and pictures. This is eomthing LG would do, Oneplus shouldn't.
    6. Slowmo video is crazy jerky and not even worth my time. Hope this gets fixed.
    7. Camera could be better, i think the software is holding it back.
    PS: Bought the silicone case too. It is crazy electrostatic dust/dirt/snudge magnet and impossible to keep clean. Put it in your jacket once and it looks like it been to the dump. I personally would not have bought it if i knew it was that type. I don't recommend it.

That's actuallly about it for me.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016

burnout123 likes this.
  9. bodyguy_
    Froyo Jan 8, 2016

bodyguy_ , Jan 8, 2016 :
    I'm loving this phone, having no problems with it at all and I'm looking forward to the SD card functionality update.

My main concern with this phone was battery life and I can get from 7am to 10pm of quite heavy use, using the apps I want to (facebook, twitter, whatsapp, instagram, gmail etc), in one charge.

Jorge48197 likes this.
  10. Kiewan
    Froyo Jan 8, 2016

Kiewan , Jan 8, 2016 :
    So far so great.

I ordered my X with the black Apricot wood case which feels amazing. It's a little flimsy when not on the phone but nicely made and sturdy when on the phone.

I had the SD card bug right out of the box but upgraded software the night that it came in the mail and all of that has now been fixed.

I also have an unlocked LG G4 which is amazing. I use it for media while I'm home / out and about taking pictures on weekends with 2 spare batteries for silly screen on times.

The X goes to work with me. It's perfect for work and fits well in dress pants in an office.

I love the customizations which should be standard on stock Android. The gestures are also amazing as i use V for flashlight all the time. It has never gone off in my pocket as was the case with some oneplus ones earlier on. I double tap the screen to wake and double tap the home button to sleep. Much like my G4. Once you use gestures, its weird not having them.....

I am very happy with my X and plan to keep it for a long while to come.

In Toronto, Canada: I often have access to LTE as Canadian carriers use some of the phones supported bands for LTE. On Virgin Mobile: I have LTE about 60% of the time, 3G and HSPA+ in places where reception is bad.

benluca and ronaldp029 like this.
  11. ScareYa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2016

ScareYa , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Owning an Onyx for two months or so, I recently bought a Ceramic as well. I never had a phone which felt more fancy and valueable. The Oxygen OS needs still quite some attention from OnePlus until it is comparable to the One's Cyanogen OS regarding stability and features. But the X is a device that gives me great satisfaction already. I certainly would buy it again and I can honestly recommend it.

pra_veenm likes this.
  12. max.spock
    Froyo Jan 9, 2016

OneMarco, younger06 and Venu_Appa like this.
  13. Saurabh40629
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2016

14. Aonex
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2016

Aonex , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, but ended up selling mine. Really loved the build quality, great screen, dual sim... but just too many compromises. With that said, I'm really hoping the rumors of the 2 Mini are true. If I can get the same build, but with quick charge and 700 Mhz bands (12,17) in the U.S., then I'll keep it for a long long time.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  15. yogenderSingh1
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2016

yogenderSingh1 , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Onyx here. This is my first ever smartphone so I believe I wanted it to be the best. I purchased it just 3 days after launch. Here is what I think.
    The phone is very snappy. I am a casual user and not very much into high end gaming and I have not experienced any lag with an exception of experience with update 2.1.3. That too was taken care by OP in no time.
    Battery seems to be a concern for a lot of people and yes initially it felt the same to me as well. But I noticed that for some reason wifi was switched ON the whole time. check battery usage history details. Then I came across advanced wifi settings and switched off network notifications n scanning options. Combined with dark theme overall the battery performance is improved. I get somewhere around 6 hours of SOT.
    Camera is good for me. Daylight photos are great and even lowlight snaps come out decent. Seriously you can expect a budget phone to give you DSLR quality. That's a bit unfair. Photos can't be stored to SD card directly but there are app for that I believe. Personally that's not an issue for me.
    Call quality is good. No issues in this depth. Just that contact list sorting doesn't work for some reason.
    WiFi or 3g stays ON whenever I am using my phone and never faced an issue.
    Never used Bluetooth :p
    Gaming..subway surfers n Nitro Nations are the only two games I have played and they work fine. No lags experienced.
    Videos and music playback is good. M not an audiophile so you may feel different but it's good enough for me. Using mx player n power amplifier.
    Of course the phone can't cook food and launch a missile so you may have to look for something else if those are your preferences :D

vanya86 and Mr. BG like this.
  16. djokofiq
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2016

djokofiq , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Other than the sd issue,do u have any bugs on ur OPX?
    Im thinking to get it..might be an upgrade from my s4..

17. malidan
    Nougat Jan 9, 2016

malidan , Jan 9, 2016 :
    I glad to see your still enjoying your device and refreshing to see someone likes the device admitting to an issue.
    But this
    Don't do that.
    These OP devices are nowhere near the best 2015 devices, they are purely midranged at best.
    It's been said many times, but they lack far too many spec's to be anything other than midranged.:)

18. yogenderSingh1
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2016

Not one that would interrupt daily usage. What would be your normal usage? And is there anything specific you are worried about?

19. yogenderSingh1
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2016

OPX IS a mid range device. Isn't it? At this price you don't get a flagship. So its not just OnePlus :rolleyes:

20. djokofiq
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2016

djokofiq , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Normal usage would be twitter whatsapp and insta..I dont use fb..mild games like subway surfer or temple run..nothing intensive..I'm worried of its software bugs..