TWRP 3.6.0 released with support for devices that launched with Android 11 via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 29, 2021

WakeAwake, McJader, Gor. and 4 others like this.
  2. Syrix
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2021

3. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Nov 29, 2021

Caomhin, Syrix and Gor. like this.
  4. haildarkseid
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2021

Caomhin likes this.
  5. nadnan2b
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2022 at 3:09 AM

nadnan2b , Jan 17, 2022 at 3:09 AM :
    Hello..
    I performed the TWRP 3.6.0 setup. with the XDA link "https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...tnoodle-twrp-for-oneplus-8-8pro-beta.4341707/"
    My OnePlus 8 Pro is running OxygenOS 11.0.10.10 updated December 2021
    (FYI, my PC is running Windows 11 and I had to update the USB drivers via Windows UpDate/optional updates)
    I followed the instructions from the XDA link above with ADB commands to load TWRP into the Bootloader position of the 1+8 Pro:
    fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img
    The device remained fully operational, the root also remained operational: no loss of data.
    I then made a "Nandroid Bacup" backup by checking all the boxes and then transferred the entire TWRP directory created by the backup to PC, to save space
    One question remains for me:
    How to restore, if necessary, this "Nandroid" backup without risking "bricking my device?"
    What boxes do I need to check before restoring?
    I'm having great difficulty finding information regarding backups/restores performed by RWRP for a OnePlus 8 Pro.
    If you have advice and information, I am greatly interested!!!
    Last point: the update to Oxygen12 will soon be distributed OTA; I think it will be necessary to wait for the arrival of TWRP 3.7 or higher before being able to use it in Recovery on the 1+8 Pro….
    Thanks in advance and best regards

Caomhin likes this.