[TWRP Installer] Install or Reinstall TWRP

1. CarvedArt
    Froyo Oct 10, 2016

CarvedArt , Oct 10, 2016 :
    Simple TWRP Installer/Reinstaller...

This will install or reinstall your prefered version of TWRP on your phone. I created it for myself to reinstall TWRP after OTAs. It is fairly universal in its design and should work on any Android device except for the download function which is linked directly to the download for the Official OnePlus 3 TWRP version (this also requires user intervention so no fear of automatically doing anything).

HowTo:
    1. Download and unzip the installer
    2. Run the batch file
    3. Copy the TWRP version of your choice into the same directory as the batch file
      • NOTE: You should only have one version of TWRP in the directory at a time
      • If there is more than one version, it will ask to install the first version in the list
    4. Continue following the on-screen instructions to flash TWRP
    5. Done!
    Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=312968873555003763

Divakar_Reddy and Easyrider77 like this.
  2. Easyrider77
    Eclair Jan 20, 2018

Easyrider77 , Jan 20, 2018 :
    Fantastic work.
    I have been looking for just this as I have flashed roms a lot lately and end up going back to stock, but it replaces twrp with factory recovery. I know it may seem lazy and maybe it is, but this is so much easier than typing the command line out every time :).
    Thankyou for your work.

I adjusted it a bit and took out the download link lines and such so all I have now is install twrp. The link in the bat file no longer exsists I think. I hope your ok with that.

CarvedArt likes this.
  3. CarvedArt
    Froyo Jan 20, 2018

CarvedArt , Jan 20, 2018 :
    I'm glad you're making good use of it! Another trick to consider for installing a custom recovery after an update is to flash TWRP immediately after flashing your ROM. You typically have to first boot into recovery after you flash it to make it stick, then continue to boot the new ROM.

4. Easyrider77
    Eclair Jan 20, 2018

Easyrider77 , Jan 20, 2018 :
    Yeah I found that out when I booted.....not once, but twice, into system. I actually flashed and booted 2 times before I caught on to what was going on LOL.
    First thing I do after a flash is reboot to twrp, then from there I reboot system, or......I shutdown, then reboot the phone to system normally.