Typing Inaccuracy OnePlus 8 via OnePlus 8

1. Nopski
    Donut Aug 15, 2020

Nopski , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 15, 2020 :
    Coming from a Samsung device how come this phone is so hard to type with accuracy. Is there any solution to this? my wife also experience this issue. I use Gboard she uses Swiftkey.

redvw, X1596714362809 and XeeLog like this.
  2. XeeLog , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Aug 15, 2020 :
    Also having this issue on my OP8 ! Looks like typing on the edges of the screen has an insane delay.... that's quite disappointing while typing fast...

It is certainely connected to the anti accidental touches on the edges. But the OS should automatically detect when the keyboard pops up to avoid that delay. I really hope this issue's gonna be adressed soon.

redvw and Nopski like this.
  3. Nopski
    Donut Aug 16, 2020

Nopski , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    XeeLog

Also having this issue on my OP8 ! Looks like typing on the edges of the screen has an insane delay.... that's quite disappointing while typing fast...

It is certainely connected to the anti accidental touches on the edges. But the OS should automatically detect when the keyboard pops up to avoid that delay. I really hope this issue's gonna be adressed soon.

i hope so too! my wife is already so frustrated with typing...and writing this response took me a while because of mistyping

edit:tried setting the refresh rate to always 90hz on adb command... I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect i think it fixed it..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020

XeeLog likes this.
  4. capir07
    Eclair Aug 16, 2020

capir07 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    another one with lag problems in writing on the edge of the screen a shame that it seems that all phones have to have a defect to not have a round experience

Nopski and XeeLog like this.
  5. capir07
    Eclair Aug 16, 2020

capir07 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    it seems that putting the navigation bar improves a little but I don't want to have to do patches

Nopski and XeeLog like this.
  6. krics93
    Donut Aug 17, 2020

krics93 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 17, 2020 :
    This issue is here since update 10.5.8 and 10.5.9
    Before I didn't have this issue

It's like my old pocophone f1
    The issue was touchscreen driver Which took 6 month for xiaomi to be fixe

Nopski likes this.
  7. redvw
    Froyo Aug 19, 2020

redvw , Aug 19, 2020 :
    I have this issue since getting my OP 8, not an issue on my OP 5t.

8. Nopski
    Donut Aug 19, 2020

XeeLog likes this.
  9. hr369
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2020

hr369 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 19, 2020 :
    Hi Nopski - Is your issue solved. Even I am facing the same issue. Can you possibly advise over the steps of performing the refresh rate to 90Hertz on ADB command.
    I tried searching in Settings but its only taking me to developer option where i am not bale to see the option of changing the refresh rate.

Cheers,

10. Nopski
    Donut Aug 19, 2020

Nopski , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 19, 2020 :

hr369

Hi Nopski - Is your issue solved. Even I am facing the same issue. Can you possibly advise over the steps of performing the refresh rate to 90Hertz on ADB command.
    I tried searching in Settings but its only taking me to developer option where i am not bale to see the option of changing the refresh rate.

Cheers,​

well for me it improved drastically... i followed the guide you have to enter the commands through adb

11. hr369
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2020

hr369 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 19, 2020 :
    Noted. I just went through the whole video. He mentioned about the battery life. Has it effected yours?
    i will any the installing the commands.

12. Nopski
    Donut Aug 19, 2020

Nopski , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 19, 2020 :

hr369

Noted. I just went through the whole video. He mentioned about the battery life. Has it effected yours?
    i will any the installing the commands.​

no not really

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020

13. XeeLog , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Aug 29, 2020 :
    hey, just going back here to ask you if since the time you've tweaked the refresh rate via ADB you still have the issue ? You talked about the placebo effect, is the difference real ? Have you experienced any touch unresponsiveness since?

14. Nopski
    Donut Aug 29, 2020

Nopski , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 29, 2020 :
    typing has improved for me ever since I've done the adb tweak...set my display scale to large then set my text to small... but they shouldn't have this bug in the first place and expect people to fix it by themselves... this might be my first and last OnePlus device...

XeeLog likes this.
  15. capir07
    Eclair Aug 30, 2020

capir07 , Aug 30, 2020 :
    ¿One plus Piensas en solucionar este problema o será como el sensor de proximidad del op 7 y 7t pro? ¿Quién se quedó para siempre en esos teléfonos?

16. capir07
    Eclair Sep 6, 2020

capir07 , Sep 6, 2020 :
    thanks development team, the writing problem was solved with the last update

17. XeeLog , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Sep 7, 2020 :
    It's not as bad as before, but still not perfect and typing on the edge still has a tiny delay compared to the others on the middle of the keyboard..