ROM Ubuntu on OnePlus One

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Feb 20, 2016

Chris dB, Feb 20, 2016 :
    Friends,

Flashers, hold onto your hats! We’re happy to be partnering with our friends over at Canonical and the open source community to announce that the OnePlus One is joining the Ubuntu family.

While you’re on the move, Ubuntu offers quick access to all of your content and the full command line interface. The tailor-made smartphone version of Ubuntu was meticulously designed to revolve around your life. Ubuntu’s scopes bring everything you need together on one screen, so your favorite services and content are always within reach.

At OnePlus we’re proud of how open our devices have been in the past. We’re committed to ensure that all of our devices are as open as possible. The release of Ubuntu on the OnePlus One underlines this commitment, while development on a OnePlus X release is well underway. Developers, fans and tech enthusiasts have all been clamoring for a full Ubuntu release on a phone. We’re excited that our devices are some of the first to receive an Ubuntu release. Be aware, the Ubuntu release that is currently available for the OnePlus One remains a work in progress and more features are expected to be added to the build in the future.

Work on a full OnePlus X release is in progress. Calling all developers! The community has encountered a number of difficulties in the development process. Anyone interested in helping out with the OnePlus X build is welcome on Ubuntu’s developer page.

Can’t wait to get flashing? You can find an image of the OnePlus One build here. Also, if you’re attending MWC, make sure to stop by Canonical’s stand to take the OnePlus One, Ubuntu in-tow, for a test drive.

Never Settle.

2. psx Gingerbread Feb 20, 2016

psx, Feb 20, 2016 :
    Looking forward to it, also guys there is a donate page when you click on the above post.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016

rahuldborse and Mr. BG like this.
  3. manojairi Froyo Feb 20, 2016

manojairi, Feb 20, 2016 :
    nice thanks for the update eagerly waiting to flash...

4. Halcyonic Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2016

Halcyonic, Feb 20, 2016 :
    I don't know how to react to this. On one hand, it'll really be a unique experience to flash a non-android OS onto my phone, but it sucks that Ubuntu does not have a comparable app ecosystem to that of Android. If it's easy to flash (just being like any other ROM), then I'll probably try it out, but I doubt it can be daily driver material for me. Good job to Ubuntu and Oneplus for making this happen though. Perhaps my concerns will be proven wrong.

the.wally, knork, stegarga and 6 others like this.
  5. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Feb 20, 2016

6. BrokeBaconLover Honeycomb Feb 20, 2016

BrokeBaconLover, Feb 20, 2016 :
    Thanks for sharing this, been following it, and do checkout SailFish OS by @vgrade

hotland, VeryMilan, vgrade and 2 others like this.
  7. judhajitmisra Honeycomb Feb 20, 2016

judhajitmisra, Feb 20, 2016 :
    I am just surprised how the developer family keep supporting a pretty 2 years old Smartphone..:eek:Truly Oneplus One is a legend :)

Ganeshgns, WorD.0, ammaar8 and 17 others like this.
  8. GhostSamuraiX Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2016

9. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2016

10. lilzad Honeycomb Feb 20, 2016

lilzad, Feb 20, 2016 :
    anyone tried it on oneplus one? is everything working?? any errors?

11. HeTalks Froyo Feb 20, 2016

MichelMM and Aalrounder like this.
  12. rphlfjrd KitKat Feb 20, 2016

armmani2001 likes this.
  13. Adityaf Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2016

Adityaf, Feb 20, 2016 :

:'( :-/

PabloElPatron likes this.
  14. Mike Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2016

Mike, Feb 20, 2016 :
    , and will be in the near future

15. dreniacdre KitKat Feb 20, 2016

apok010 and Ceasedd like this.
  16. aakashjhaveri Lollipop Feb 20, 2016

dreniacdre likes this.
  17. NaterTots Jelly Bean Feb 20, 2016

dreniacdre likes this.
  18. dreniacdre KitKat Feb 20, 2016

dreniacdre, Feb 20, 2016 :
    The forums does double posts today...[​IMG]

Deactivated User and pgidia like this.
  19. Aaahh Lollipop Feb 20, 2016

20. feluda KitKat Feb 20, 2016

feluda, Feb 20, 2016 :
    Great news, more and more companies adopting the phone.

Ceasedd and dreniacdre like this.