[UK] AMA Nord with OnePlus & your Ambassadors

1. Vito B.
    Social Media FR & UK Staff Member Aug 3, 2020

Vito B. , Aug 3, 2020 :
    UK OnePlus Ambassador AMA Google Form 1600x400.png
    Hey, guys,

Prior to the launch, we have selected a few people in the UK that are passionate about OnePlus to join our OnePlus Ambassador program. They have tried out the new device and will share their insights, experience and impressions with you over the next few weeks.

We know you are always eager to know more, so for those of you who have additional questions about the new product, we have decided to host this AMA to give you the platform to ask me Vito and our Ambassadors anything that still interest you or you are unclear about. We look forward to hearing from you:

@Vito B. – OnePlus UK
    @Olli43 - Ambassador
    @kwmedia - Ambassador
    @rxplusone - Ambassador
    @TechFocus - Ambassador
    @rhidee - Ambassador

Rules
    • You are more than welcome to ask your question in the comments below. Due to time constraints, we will not answer more than 30 questions in total. Thank you for your understanding, so make sure you ask a good and interesting question!
    • Make sure your question is related to OnePlus Nord,
    • Don't forget to tag the person if it is specific to someone,
    • Only one question from each user will be answered,
    • Since your questions may have already been asked by other friends in the Community, we recommend that you give likes to these questions instead of creating a duplicate.
    • We will select 5 users with the best questions and give them a little gift as a sign of our appreciation.
    • Terms and conditions will apply.
    • We will collect your questions till Friday 7th at 3pm and promise to get the answers back to you by Tuesday 11th.

We look forward to your questions!

Let's start the NEW BEGINNINGS.

2. Stickied Post
    kwmedia , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Evening everyone,

Thank you for the questions.

@Cakepips: “What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?”

Kevin: To be honest, I’ve never had a “colourful” phone. So I love just holding it in my hand for everyone to see that beautiful Blue Marble colour. 🤣 but on a serious note, I’ve just loved watching YouTube and browsing social media on the large display. 6.44inch is the largest phone I’ve ever handled. And I LOVE it. I can’t see myself with a smaller display. And I love the the selfie cameras!

@SeanPlus: “Compared to your most recent daily-driver smartphone, what has the Nord most improved on, and will you continue to use the Nord?”

Kevin: For me, the Nord has really matched (and exceeded) the demands of my previous daily-driver. I’m very happy with the performance and ability to keep up with everything I’ve thrown at the Nord so far. I will happily continue to use the Nord as my daily, going forward. [e]1f601[/e]

@MosheG1: “What is one thing about the Nord that surprised you that you didn't think would be as good as it was”

Kevin: To be honest, I just wasn’t sure about the camera quality. But I’m happy to say, I’ve very much been taking really nice high-quality shots from my Nord. And I never need to worry about what time of day it is.

@D1540849063343: ”If there was one feature/characteristic that you could pick, which would you say most defines the OnePlus Nord for you?”

Kevin: Its really tough choosing just one thing, but from the minute I pick up the phone. I just feel like I’m holding a premium high-end phone. And that to me is a great characteristic. (Bonus: I love the high quality AMOLED HDR display too).

@Swatiranjan: “given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.”

Kevin: If I could add another bit to the phone for $20. I’d maybe add a glowing LED OnePlus logo. Because I love things like that. 🙈

-Kevin

3. rxplusone
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    rxplusone , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi All,

Thank you all so much for your questions. Hopefully you find my answers interesting/helpful and they give you a little more insight into what using the OnePlus Nord is really like for the everyday user.

From @Cakepips: “What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?”

For me this would probably be the wide angle camera lens. When looking at the specs before getting the phone it wasn't something that I was particularly bothered about as I can generally fit everything in the picture frame that I want to. However now that I have the phone, I am constantly using it, whether it is to get more of the scene into the frame or just to add an extra edge/'flair' to the picture. I have been very impressed with just how much you can get in the shot.

From @SeanPlus: “Compared to your most recent daily-driver smartphone, what has the Nord most improved on, and will you continue to use the Nord?”

I have been using the OnePlus 6t for the past 2 years now, so to be honest my experience with the operating system etc does feel very familiar. I would say the main improvement for me would actually be the software/programming of the camera. Although I have loved my 6t camera, for artificially lit indoor spaces I have found that the camera is particularly warm in colour. In comparison the Nord is much cooler in terms of its colour and I would say this is probably more accurate and representative of real life. Photos are generally more vibrant too and although it may seem like a small thing, taking photos on the rear camera with flash is much quicker compared to my 6t which takes much longer when using the flash.

From @Swatiranjan: “given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.

This is a tough question but for me I would love to have the ability to edit how much of the video is in slow motion when using the slow motion camera. I very rarely want an entire video in slow motion, so being able to just make a few seconds slow would be great... This is also something I used to be able to do on my 6t before the update which I really loved! On a similar note with the video I would like to have 4k at 60fps capabilities on the rear camera in addition to the front camera as this is what I have been used to when using my previous phone. Another thing I would maybe do, would be to possibly add an extra speaker, I haven't noticed that the speaker is particularly quiet yet, but I have not used it in large areas that swallow sound yet, so this is something I will be keeping an eye on. Finally, I would maybe change the plastic rim to a metal one. I actually really like the feeling and the grip of the plastic rim with the metallic coating but I'm interested to see how this will age as I use the phone more.

For @TechFocus and @rxplusone from @superplus: “considering the two of you haven't even set a profile picture up here  Do you think it is important to have two selfie cameras in a mobile phone, and out of "notch", "pop-up", "punch hole", "bezel" or "no selfie cam at all works for me too", which best describes your front-facing camera configuarion preferences?"

For me, whether a phone has 1 camera or 5 doesn't bother me, as long as it takes great pictures. My preference is definitely a hole punch or a tear drop notch. I think these options are much more aesthetically pleasing and I always use face unlock so the pop up option, for me is slightly less convenient.

Thanks again for your questions, wishing you all a great week![e]1f44d[/e]

4. rhidee
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    rhidee , Aug 10, 2020 :
    From @Cakepips: “What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?”

100% has to be the camera setup. I had heard a lot about how good it was going to be but it absolutely delivers. I can't stop taking photos of random stuff, like pizza crusts and close-ups of ice floating in a drink and literally anything that might possibly require a macro or super-wide shot!

From @SeanPlus: “Compared to your most recent daily-driver smartphone, what has the Nord most improved on, and will you continue to use the Nord?”

My phone was the OnePlus 6T, so the Nord is a huge step up from that. I love how it still feels like the OnePlus I know and love, but everything is just so much better! Biggest improvement is the camera again, but there are so many other little ways in which it is better. I'm hooked!

From @MosheG1: “What is one thing about the Nord that surprised you that you didn't think would be as good as it was”

The live captioning tool. I thought it would probably be a bit off the mark sometimes, but I've been using it a lot and it's amazing. Really good for watching stuff late at night when everyone else is asleep, or if (like me) you sometimes struggle to understand what people are saying in videos or on TV.

From @D1540849063343: ”If there was one feature/characteristic that you could pick, which would you say most defines the OnePlus Nord for you?”

It has to be the cameras, doesn't it? Maybe I'm biased as I take a lot of photos, but I feel like I'll still be raving about the camera capabilities two years from now when it's the normal time to finish a phone contract and get something new.

From @Swatiranjan: “given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.

This is honestly tough! I haven't found anything missing so far. One thing I would love is to have the option to switch between having either the shelf as it is in my previous 6T, or Discover. That probably wouldn't cost $20. Maybe if I just used it as a personal bribe to get it put on my phone alone 😂

Loved the questions 😁 thanks all!

5. oxygenkiosk
    Eclair Aug 4, 2020

oxygenkiosk , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Amazon UK is showing "Temporarily out of stock" and the Nord I pre-ordered with Amazon on 24/07/20 isn't showing as despatched despite 2 other unrelated products being so for tomorrow. Although it claims to be coming tomorrow I'm beginning to get concerned.

Bueller99 likes this.
  6. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 5, 2020

superplus , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Sure, perhaps you can tell us what this OnePlus North is first? :p:rolleyes::innocent:

the_o2, obakesan, fragargon and 6 others like this.
  7. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2020

Cakepips , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Question for everyone: What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?

Hope you are all having fun being ambassadors representing team UK! :blush:

8. kwmedia
    Eclair Aug 6, 2020

kwmedia , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hello everyone,

We would love to answer any Nord-related questions that you have.

You now have less than 24 hours to get your questions in. [e]1f601[/e]

-Kev

Swatiranjan and Cakepips like this.
  9. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2020

10. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 6, 2020

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

superplus, Swatiranjan and Batman360 like this.
  11. TimonJS
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

TimonJS , Aug 6, 2020 :
    My question for @Olli43
    What do you think sets the Oneplus Nord apart from other midrange android phones?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020

12. ishaan k
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

ishaan k , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Question for @Olli43 - Does the plastic frame of the phone bother you or does it seem like a big deal? Also, are you satisfied with the performance of the Snapdragon 765G or does it leave more to be desired?

13. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Aug 6, 2020

Swatiranjan , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hi @Vito B. ,
    & Dear Ambassadors,
    @Olli43, @kwmedia, @rxplusone, @TechFocus,
    @rhidee

I have few questions,
    1. given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.
    2. NORD doesn't support 90Hz PUBG, how does it impact as a gamer ???
    3. In terms of Camera, Is it justified to put 6 Cameras in a mid range phone ?? I mean there are phones with 3/4 cameras in same price range but their performance is way better than 6 cameras set up.
    Can a 7th Lens on the 48 MP main camera could have done some wonder ??? ( like in 7T)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020

superplus and Cakepips like this.
  14. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Aug 6, 2020

Swatiranjan , Aug 6, 2020 :
    It's NOKV 😜

obakesan and superplus like this.
  15. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 6, 2020

Batman360 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Nice AMA topic!

My questions are for all you guys:
    @Vito B. , @Olli43 , @kwmedia , @rxplusone , @TechFocus , @rhidee

With the whole new packaging of Nord this time, how do you guys feel like while unboxing it? Do you feel like a kid who got a fresh new toy to play with? Do you prefer the usual OnePlus packaging (sliding box) or the new Nord packaging?
    And now more of a technical question: Did you guys feel the performance, speed and the smoothness being somewhere compromised due to this being a mid-range smartphone?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020

Vito B. and fragargon like this.
  16. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Aug 6, 2020

TibiTibi , Aug 6, 2020 :
    If you would save 50€ which components would you replace or remove from NORD?

superplus and fragargon like this.
  17. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Aug 6, 2020

TibiTibi , Aug 6, 2020 :
    If you experienced the 7 / 8 series phone - in which scenarios you have noticed the lower tier SOC performance?

superplus and fragargon like this.
  18. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2020

fragargon , Aug 6, 2020 :
    @Olli43 @kwmedia @rxplusone @TechFocus @rhidee

Hy guys welcome and congratulations.
    Could tell us your gaming experience with the NORD. How does behave the screen 90hz performances?
    Is the screen color accurate? Did you made some video/demo of gaming session?
    We are eager to see them!

thank you ;)

TibiTibi and superplus like this.
  19. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2020

obakesan , Aug 6, 2020 :
    OnePlus Leeds? Perfect for @jkb114 lol

20. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 6, 2020

jkb114, fragargon and obakesan like this.
  21. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    If I ever make my way up there count me too have our own Leeds ambassador party [e]1f389[/e] lol [e]1f602[/e]

jkb114 and superplus like this.
  22. superplus

superplus , Aug 6, 2020 :
    According to @SoniaB it's NUKU :D

Right, @rxplusone, @TechFocus, considering the two of you haven't even set a profile picture up here ;):p:rolleyes:

Do you think it is important to have two selfie cameras in a mobile phone, and out of "notch", "pop-up", "punch hole", "bezel" or "no selfie cam at all works for me too", which best describes your front-facing camera configuarion preference?

(Though also happy to hear from @Olli43, @kwmedia and @rhidee)

23. superplus

superplus , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Deal! :D

fragargon and obakesan like this.