User of the Year 2018 Aug 7, 2020

superplus likes this.
  3. Girish.Pranav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2020

4. migarcia
    Donut Aug 7, 2020

migarcia , via OnePlus 3 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Question to all:

How do you feel about the Macro and Depth cameras, do you think they really add up to the Nord experience or would you have preferred they use this budget into something else, and if so, what would that be (stereo speakers in my opinion)?

Cakepips likes this.
  5. Stickied Post
    kwmedia , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Evening everyone,

Thank you for the questions.

@Cakepips: “What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?”

Kevin: To be honest, I’ve never had a “colourful” phone. So I love just holding it in my hand for everyone to see that beautiful Blue Marble colour. 🤣 but on a serious note, I’ve just loved watching YouTube and browsing social media on the large display. 6.44inch is the largest phone I’ve ever handled. And I LOVE it. I can’t see myself with a smaller display. And I love the the selfie cameras!

@SeanPlus: “Compared to your most recent daily-driver smartphone, what has the Nord most improved on, and will you continue to use the Nord?”

Kevin: For me, the Nord has really matched (and exceeded) the demands of my previous daily-driver. I’m very happy with the performance and ability to keep up with everything I’ve thrown at the Nord so far. I will happily continue to use the Nord as my daily, going forward. [e]1f601[/e]

@MosheG1: “What is one thing about the Nord that surprised you that you didn't think would be as good as it was”

Kevin: To be honest, I just wasn’t sure about the camera quality. But I’m happy to say, I’ve very much been taking really nice high-quality shots from my Nord. And I never need to worry about what time of day it is.

@D1540849063343: ”If there was one feature/characteristic that you could pick, which would you say most defines the OnePlus Nord for you?”

Kevin: Its really tough choosing just one thing, but from the minute I pick up the phone. I just feel like I’m holding a premium high-end phone. And that to me is a great characteristic. (Bonus: I love the high quality AMOLED HDR display too).

@Swatiranjan: “given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.”

Kevin: If I could add another bit to the phone for $20. I’d maybe add a glowing LED OnePlus logo. Because I love things like that. 🙈

-Kevin

6. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 10, 2020

MosheG1 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Awesome! Thanks for the answer!

kwmedia, Swatiranjan and superplus like this.
  7. rxplusone
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    rxplusone , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi All,

Thank you all so much for your questions. Hopefully you find my answers interesting/helpful and they give you a little more insight into what using the OnePlus Nord is really like for the everyday user.

From @Cakepips: “What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?”

For me this would probably be the wide angle camera lens. When looking at the specs before getting the phone it wasn't something that I was particularly bothered about as I can generally fit everything in the picture frame that I want to. However now that I have the phone, I am constantly using it, whether it is to get more of the scene into the frame or just to add an extra edge/'flair' to the picture. I have been very impressed with just how much you can get in the shot.

From @SeanPlus: “Compared to your most recent daily-driver smartphone, what has the Nord most improved on, and will you continue to use the Nord?”

I have been using the OnePlus 6t for the past 2 years now, so to be honest my experience with the operating system etc does feel very familiar. I would say the main improvement for me would actually be the software/programming of the camera. Although I have loved my 6t camera, for artificially lit indoor spaces I have found that the camera is particularly warm in colour. In comparison the Nord is much cooler in terms of its colour and I would say this is probably more accurate and representative of real life. Photos are generally more vibrant too and although it may seem like a small thing, taking photos on the rear camera with flash is much quicker compared to my 6t which takes much longer when using the flash.

From @Swatiranjan: “given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.

This is a tough question but for me I would love to have the ability to edit how much of the video is in slow motion when using the slow motion camera. I very rarely want an entire video in slow motion, so being able to just make a few seconds slow would be great... This is also something I used to be able to do on my 6t before the update which I really loved! On a similar note with the video I would like to have 4k at 60fps capabilities on the rear camera in addition to the front camera as this is what I have been used to when using my previous phone. Another thing I would maybe do, would be to possibly add an extra speaker, I haven't noticed that the speaker is particularly quiet yet, but I have not used it in large areas that swallow sound yet, so this is something I will be keeping an eye on. Finally, I would maybe change the plastic rim to a metal one. I actually really like the feeling and the grip of the plastic rim with the metallic coating but I'm interested to see how this will age as I use the phone more.

For @TechFocus and @rxplusone from @superplus: “considering the two of you haven't even set a profile picture up here  Do you think it is important to have two selfie cameras in a mobile phone, and out of "notch", "pop-up", "punch hole", "bezel" or "no selfie cam at all works for me too", which best describes your front-facing camera configuarion preferences?"

For me, whether a phone has 1 camera or 5 doesn't bother me, as long as it takes great pictures. My preference is definitely a hole punch or a tear drop notch. I think these options are much more aesthetically pleasing and I always use face unlock so the pop up option, for me is slightly less convenient.

Thanks again for your questions, wishing you all a great week![e]1f44d[/e]

8. rhidee
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    rhidee , Aug 10, 2020 :
    From @Cakepips: “What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?”

100% has to be the camera setup. I had heard a lot about how good it was going to be but it absolutely delivers. I can't stop taking photos of random stuff, like pizza crusts and close-ups of ice floating in a drink and literally anything that might possibly require a macro or super-wide shot!

From @SeanPlus: “Compared to your most recent daily-driver smartphone, what has the Nord most improved on, and will you continue to use the Nord?”

My phone was the OnePlus 6T, so the Nord is a huge step up from that. I love how it still feels like the OnePlus I know and love, but everything is just so much better! Biggest improvement is the camera again, but there are so many other little ways in which it is better. I'm hooked!

From @MosheG1: “What is one thing about the Nord that surprised you that you didn't think would be as good as it was”

The live captioning tool. I thought it would probably be a bit off the mark sometimes, but I've been using it a lot and it's amazing. Really good for watching stuff late at night when everyone else is asleep, or if (like me) you sometimes struggle to understand what people are saying in videos or on TV.

From @D1540849063343: ”If there was one feature/characteristic that you could pick, which would you say most defines the OnePlus Nord for you?”

It has to be the cameras, doesn't it? Maybe I'm biased as I take a lot of photos, but I feel like I'll still be raving about the camera capabilities two years from now when it's the normal time to finish a phone contract and get something new.

From @Swatiranjan: “given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.

This is honestly tough! I haven't found anything missing so far. One thing I would love is to have the option to switch between having either the shelf as it is in my previous 6T, or Discover. That probably wouldn't cost $20. Maybe if I just used it as a personal bribe to get it put on my phone alone 😂

Loved the questions 😁 thanks all!

9. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Aug 11, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for the answer .
    Glowing LED sounds interesting [e]1f44c[/e].
    I think I am really satisfied with your answer. Thanks a lot, If I were a product manager , I could have thought in the same direction.
    I thought these are there in NORD. [e]1f60a[/e] Thanks for answering.

kwmedia, superplus and MosheG1 like this.
  10. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for answering my question @kwmedia , @rxplusone and @rhidee ! [e]263a[/e]️

I'm going to be honest, I wasn't sure on the blue marble on both the Nord and buds when they first announced them. But after seeing them in photos in real life, I'm slowly warming to it. This is coming from someone who used to have the bright orange nexus 5. [e]1f602[/e]

Yeah, Its weird having such a big screen but it's fantastic especially with those Inky blacks.

I would agree with this for the wide angle lens, it gives that extra view, doesn't it? Should be good for those landscapes too... Or even deepen views from heights. [e]263a[/e]️

Macro is my favourite photography mode, especially getting those close detailed shots (though I'm currently getting used to it on the 7t pro). But both macro and wide shots are mind-blowing to someone who's never had them before. Also, I see they're working on updating the software for the macro so fingers crossed it's gets even better!

11. kwmedia , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 11, 2020 :
    No problem. The camera is important to me. so to have a great camera setup like on the Nord. it makes (capturing) life very simple.

MosheG1 and Swatiranjan like this.
  12. kwmedia , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I've always had basic colours. black or silver / white.

Blue is my favourite colour though. so I'm not sure why I've never had a colourful phone. but yeah, the blue marble really does grow on you. and the Gray Onyx is nice too. Very smart looking phone. I think the Blue Marble is more fun. 😆

Oh wow. That orange nexus was definitely orange. I'm sure there was a tango reference in the UK when that phone colour was first announced [e]1f601[/e]

superplus, Cakepips and Swatiranjan like this.
  13. Cakepips

Correction on my part, I had a bright orange cover on the black Nexus 5 (it's been a while haha).
    1597162092858.jpg
    Yeah I've only ever had a black phone until now (gradient blue is lovely on this 7T pro [e]1f60d[/e]). Colours do make it better... And easier to find in the dark. [e]1f602[/e]

Swatiranjan, superplus and kwmedia like this.
  14. kwmedia , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Definitely easier to see in the dark. [e]1f602[/e] But very fashionable too. 😛

Swatiranjan, superplus and Cakepips like this.
  15. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 11, 2020

superplus , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I wanted the red or black. But sadly only managed to get my hands on a white one. Didn't need a cover for it, it proved quite indestructible. Ah, those were the days.

Swatiranjan and Cakepips like this.
  16. Cakepips

It was! Only had the black option... Tbh, I had to get mine fixed as soon as I got it due to specks getting underneath the camera glass that would obscure the camera (known fault). Was a good one... Those were the days indeed...

Swatiranjan and superplus like this.
  17. Olli43
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Olli43 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hey guys great questions, here's my answers to some of them! Thanks for reading :).
    • From @Cakepips: “What one thing from the Nord that you have used that has impressed you the most?”
    Honestly, the build of the phone feels brilliant. And considering the midrange price range, I think it does A+ in its category. Really impressed!
    • From @MosheG1: “What is one thing about the Nord that surprised you that you didn't think would be as good as it was”
    For me, one thing was the screen. OnePlus told us we're getting a screen in the midrange price category with all the 90hts and colour we know and love from OnePlus. Surely they couldn't deliver that right? Well no, they really did deliver a great screen at a really affordable price.
    • From @D1540849063343: ”If there was one feature/characteristic that you could pick, which would you say most defines the OnePlus Nord for you?”
    If I can cheat here, I really like the dual front facing cameras and the back design of the phone. I love a wide lens in front of the phone and I'm a huge fan of the design.
    • From @Swatiranjan: “given another 20$ to the budget, what feature/hardware/software would like to add in the present NORD smartphone.
    Ok so without knowing what features cost, I would say, wireless charging I think. It's not a feature I use all the time but it is handy at times.
    • From @TimonJS: “What do you think sets the Oneplus Nord apart from other midrange android phones?”
    Ok so it's got to be the screen and the amount of high quality cameras. Oxygen OS is better than ever and it's a really well rounded package without compromise, at Midrange.
    • From @ishaan k: “Does the plastic frame of the phone bother you or does it seem like a big deal? Also, are you satisfied with the performance of the Snapdragon 765G or does it leave more to be desired?”
    No, I actually really like the feel of the phone. It's light, easy to grip. As for the 765G, I'm really happy with it; I think the power efficiency is something we can all appreciate and for me, it doesn't feel like It's lacking performance.

Thanks,
    Olli

18. rxplusone
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

rxplusone , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Absolutely. I have put quite a few shots on my Instagram (@rosshaslam) and Twitter (@_RossHaslam) if you would like to see the comparison between the normal lens and the ultra wide lens. [e]1f44d[/e] The field of view is seriously huge!

superplus, Swatiranjan and Cakepips like this.
  19. Cakepips

Thanks for replying back Olli!
    Personally quite surprised that they went all. Plastic for the phone but I bet it feel light to carry around.
    Also surprised they didn't put wireless charging in this too but hey ho...

Nice sunset btw! Definitely needed that wide.
    Saw your slow mo earlier too, great stuff! (butterflies... Everywhere)
    Nord maybe small but does have a mighty punch huh!

Swatiranjan and rxplusone like this.
  20. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Aug 11, 2020

Swatiranjan , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Thanks @Olli43 for answering
    So glass back is what is needed to be modified with support of wireless charging. Great choice. I was a bit reluctant because it's a midrange smartphone and people may be bother to buy a wireless charger with more money 💰. BTW do you miss blackberry's back grip ??? I miss a lot. Rather than the plastic back in NORD, could it been thought of ???
    Thanks 😊

Cakepips likes this.