[UK] OnePlus Ambassador Program

1. Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

superplus, Cakepips and jkb114 like this.
  2. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

jkb114 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I'll bring wings just in case we get hungry

superplus and obakesan like this.

3. superplus and jkb114 like this.
  4. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

jkb114 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    You should checkout SauceShop btw, their hot sauces are amazing

5. Vito B.
    Social Media FR & UK Staff Member Jul 20, 2020

Vito B. , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,

First, let me thank you all for your patience. Selection has been very complicated but we have now our 5 OnePlus UK Ambassadors.

I want to thank you all of you who have applied to be part of this journey, I am sure that you will have other opportunities in the futur :)

Here are your 5 new ambassadors:
    @Olli43
    @kwmedia
    @rxplusone
    @TechFocus
    @rhidee

6. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Congrats on becoming ambassadors @Olli43 , @kwmedia , @rxplusone , @TechFocus and @rhidee (and welcome to some of you to the forum ;))

7. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

obakesan , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Congratulations to all the beautiful cupcakes, really curious what the criteria is? Let me guess, pull 5 out of a hat or use some magic 8 ball app on phone. Don't forget who actually sent real cupcakes, anyway, meh, time to move on to something new me thinkgs.

matthu.2711 likes this.
  8. SeanPlus

SeanPlus , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Congratulations to you all for being selected. Hope you do a sterling job.

superplus, kwmedia and Cakepips like this.
  9. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 20, 2020

jkb114 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Not to sound like i'm accusing but i'd be curious to know why they were picked? I'd have thought you would wanted a long standing community member who is passionate about the brand... This smells like a consultancy firm have been given a contract...

matthu.2711 and obakesan like this.
  10. Cakepips

I'm curious about the criteria/how it was narrowed down too... Maybe they had something outside the forums (so not judging for being a cupcake). You never know, they could be OnePlus users for years. :)

Anyway, next time it is... I'm sure they'll do fab. :)

11. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

obakesan , Jul 20, 2020 :

12. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 20, 2020

jkb114 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Not surprised these are influencers already. seems like they've gone, okay who's popular atm? lets give them a deal and they'll promote us.

superplus, matthu.2711 and obakesan like this.
  13. Cakepips

... techfocus has reviewed the OnePlus 6T?

And yeah, opportunities like these do help people further themselves. No problem with that. :blush:

They asked for how many followers in the application process... So yeah they might of been looking for influencers or those with an audience to promote their latest product to. I have a feeling this is a mix of people though.

Anyway, leave them be. :blush:

superplus, jkb114 and SeanPlus like this.
  14. obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jul 20, 2020 :
    sure it helps them but this is the bias these type of contests. Why bother have contest just have a job so those so called influences who want to influence their career can just apply.

There is more to it than just follower counts. I have a decent number twitter maybe not millions and it's organic. That means jack when face to face people. I spoke over 100 customers in one outing, helping them and describing the product etc, as an actual fan (slowly changing) I was passionate of the brand and product which came across to the people. The people resonated and I helped even make sales of those products naturally. This is a small example, is the end all maybe not but sounds like the kind of thing a brand ambassador should be rather than shoveling your own marketing channels and just fueling the hype machine.

Anyway yes I shall leave alone and let it be, how much I am thinking about, and regardless how I think I know means nothing cause the masses are fickle, it's like modern day Rome. Still, what suits me is what's best.

superplus and jkb114 like this.
  15. Olli43
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

Olli43 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Hey everyone! Just want to say thank you for all the warm welcomes so far. I’ve been a fan of the OnePlus brand for years and although I haven’t used the forum all that much, I do appreciate the community that’s here.

So who who I am? I’m a gaming ‘influencer’ (if you like) and I’ve been creating content full time on YouTube since 2015. Gaming is great but another passion of mine is tech. Fun fact; my first video was was actually on the Toshiba TG01 (anyone remember that phone?), I’ve always wanted to get into tech content.
    Huge thank you to OnePlus for inviting me into the program. I hope to do everything I can to get involved with the forum community here and hopefully get to know some of you. I’ll be around in the forums so feel free to mention me in a post or something if you have a question or thoughts for me.
    Thank you for reading!
    Olli

16. Cakepips

Hi @Olli43 ! Congrats again for becoming a UK Ambassador and thanks for introducing yourself. :grin:

Almost 5 years huh! Any favourite tech and/or games you've played/used over the years?

(Judging by the Dutch ambassador post, you'll get your mitts on the Nord... Lucky! )

superplus likes this.
  17. Olli43
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

Olli43 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    👋🏼 I’m probably best known for playing GTA and Planet Coaster game wise. I know, slightly different themes haha.
    In terms of tech I have a real soft spot for anything future tech (Nord AR launch is super exciting to me). I’m a bit of a camera nerd also lol.

superplus, SeanPlus and Cakepips like this.
  18. kwmedia
    Eclair Jul 20, 2020

kwmedia , Jul 20, 2020 :

Thanks again, Victor. And thanks for the welcome everyone!

A little about me.. I create content, mainly on my blog and Instagram. My biggest passion is smartphones (As well as tech & gaming). I love all three things and have been dabbling in the industry for a while. I post on my blog, which is really just a hobby. Something I enjoy doing - I work a normal job too. But the blog has helped me to turn my hobby into something I can wake up and enjoy doing everyday.

I'm just a regular guy. And I'm very grateful for being selected to be a OnePlus Ambassasor for the UK.
    I LOVE all smartphone brands. Because I love tech. (Think Coca Cola Vs Pepsi - I enjoy both!). So will do my best to represent the OnePlus brand & community.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.

-Kev

19. rhidee
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

rhidee , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Hello all! I'm excited to get involved with being an ambassador. Not much of a forum user but I think this is the third or fourth time I've applied for OnePlus opportunities so I'm very happy to finally strike it lucky!

I'm a crime fiction author, ghostwriter, and Chief Editor of a fashion magazine (London Runway). Running three businesses at once probably explains why I haven't been around here much, now that I think about it 😂 I have a background in photography and so when I'm out and about at fashion events, the camera on my phone is 100% my most important feature. I'm also on the go a lot, so a smartphone that can allow me to get my work done on the move is also essential.

20. Cakepips

Congrats Kev for becoming a UK Ambassador for Oneplus!

Sometimes the best things in life is to do what you love, and clearly you love tech.
    And you can't love tech unless you understand all brands... though you're going to have to be a little bit bias towards Oneplus now haha :tearsofjoy:

Welcome and congrats on becoming a UK Oneplus Ambassador!
    As they say: at first you don't succeed... try, try and try again!
    Wow, busy bee indeed! It's really handy to just have a camera in your pocket, isn't it?
    Hopefully the Nord with its plenty of cameras/to play with at those events and more! :blush:

superplus likes this.