Ultimate Shield Screen Protector Review

1. aheaton21
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2014

aheaton21 , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Greetings all,
    You can get this product from here: http://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/oneplus-one-tempered-glass-screen-protector/
    You may have seen my review on the Oneplus One "Official" screen protector.
    I have always been a fan of tempered glass screen protectors since I first tried the iloome 8h FLEX for my Samsung Galaxy S4. The Ultimate Shield I believe is of more superior quality and has a slight flex ability with it's 9H model for the OnePlus One. It is also more transparent and resists finger prints which was my largest complaint with the Oneplus One "Official" screen protector as you can see from my original phone review https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/received-my-phone-today-large-pics.72154/
    The installation was very easy, and since it allowed a small amount of flex, I was able to partially peel the top off, and then align the top perfectly with the speaker and camera and then peel the rest of it off so it would fit on the phone perfectly.
    Pictures below in IMG GUR Album as they're too high quality and large to fit on oneplus.net forums server :
    http://imgur.com/a/PSp1o#9

Louluvre, lkroeker and lionsl2005 like this.
  2. radarman
    Froyo Aug 2, 2014

radarman , Aug 2, 2014 :
    You haven't mentioned that US Screen Protector is little bit smaller in size than OPO's screen. At least mine is...

3. aheaton21

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you speaking of this specific product, or the one plus protector? I don't see that issue here and I live in the USA.

4. radarman
    Froyo Aug 2, 2014

radarman , Aug 2, 2014 :
    I am speaking about the same product from Ultra Shield you reviewed and linked. Bought it via e...y here in the UK.
    Mine is approx. 1mm smaller in size than screen which is not a big deal but it has to be noted.

5. aheaton21

Now that I've looked closely I see it too. Thank you for pointing that out. I think its made that way so you can align it easier with the beazle, or maybe a bad design. Also no cut out for the camera which I am a fan of. But it doesn't seem to effect the camera quality.

6. harmasendi
    Donut Sep 17, 2014

7. tunelover
    Eclair Oct 27, 2014

aheaton21 likes this.
  8. Louluvre
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2014

9. finaldentiny
    Community Veteran Oct 27, 2014

sp99, Louluvre, Jevoly and 1 other person like this.
  10. Louluvre
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2014

finaldentiny likes this.
  11. luvi
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2014

luvi , Oct 29, 2014 :
    Need help on this.
    I bought the shield, and after i've installed i noticed a little dust grain that formed a bubble. So i tried to remove it, was glued to the shield, and after this the entire shield was dusted....
    I definetively removed from the screen, but after this, the OPO screen seems have lost the olephobic coating. Any chance to have back?

Thanks

12. NoMoreNLH
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2014

NoMoreNLH , Dec 8, 2014 :
    any updates on the above?