Ultimate Shield Tempered Glass speaker cutout change

1. Fiwe
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

Fiwe , Aug 12, 2014 :
    So, it seems like Ultimate Shield has changed their cutout for the speaker. I've seen in earlier pictures that the cutout has only been around the speaker, which I would have prefered. But now when I have recieved mine that's obviously not the case anymore. Now it stretches all the way over the camera and sensors.

I guess I'll just use mine anyways, as I can't be bothered sending it back abroad. But if you're very picky about the look this might change your mind about it.

IMG_20140812_162406.jpg

mrjay likes this.
  2. thepanttherlady
    Community Veteran Aug 12, 2014

thepanttherlady , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I have a different brand and the cutout is only around the speaker. Like you, I prefer it that way as well. I wonder if there were complaints with regard to the protector being over the sensor/camera that made them change this design?

3. Fiwe
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

Fiwe , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I guess there might have been. Can't really see how a thin layer of glass would affect either the sensors or camera too much though :confused:

thepanttherlady likes this.
  4. logiloto
    Donut Aug 14, 2014

logiloto , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I just put mine on ! It gives a littke effect like a magnifying glass that I love.

I have no voice this phone is so beautiful !

5. kkoh101
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2014

kkoh101 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Oh no! Crap I just bought it. I thought it covered the entire glass panel except the earpiece.

6. jomaxwel
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2014

jomaxwel , Aug 15, 2014 :
    I think the orzly one is the only one I've seen that is only cut out for the speaker. Waiting on a US shipper before ordering. Sorry if I butchered the brand name don't have time to look it up.

7. (MUG3NHC)
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2014

(MUG3NHC) , Aug 15, 2014 :
    Casebase has only speaker cut out too.

8. mrjay
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2014

9. adrenalen
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2014

adrenalen , Aug 15, 2014 :
    i have nillkin for a while now but i just ordered an ozrly protector because with the nillkin ( and the one OP has) the front facing camera acts like a dust attractor :p

10. thesoaresan
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2014

11. Greenas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2014

Greenas , Aug 18, 2014 :
    I ordered mine on august 1st and today i am back from holiday and recived ultimate shield, i was surprised about changes and wanted to create new thread about bigger earpiece but before that i searched forum and found this thread. Before there was many complains about sensors beeing under the glass and because of that they writed posts like not buying it and taking rhino instead, you can track those post, they were posted 2 weeks ago. From my point of view the bigger hole is fine as long as because of it it wount start to peal it self from sand and moisture that get in to that piece.