Unable to connect to whatsapp on mobile data

1. Henessy
    Donut Oct 3, 2015

Henessy , Oct 3, 2015 :
    Hello all,
    I am unable to use whatsapp on mobile Sim data. Can access Google related applications without any issues. Moreover whatsapp works fine on WiFi.... Please help this is irritating of not able to use whatsapp when I am on mobile Sim data. I have checked restrict background data settings and it is disabled. Please help

Attached Files:

Pratik R Shah likes this.
  2. Pratik R Shah
    Eclair Oct 3, 2015

Pratik R Shah , Oct 3, 2015 :
    B
    First check GPRS setting its issues of your network provider

3. pgidia
    Lollipop Oct 3, 2015

pgidia , Oct 3, 2015 :
    This may be probably due to mobile operator check are you able to suffer websites with mobile data

4. Henessy
    Donut Oct 3, 2015

Henessy , Oct 3, 2015 :
    No, I am able to access Gmail YouTube and Facebook on Sim data.... It's only whatsapp and other online line games

5. pyrosfx
    Honeycomb Oct 3, 2015

pyrosfx , Oct 3, 2015 :
    Doesn't the pic show no wifi connection... you need to send the data via wireless initially, The message is clear.

6. Henessy
    Donut Oct 5, 2015

Henessy , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Any suggestions???? ANy service centres in Singapore?? I have reset the phone many times and tried with other SIM cards. Issue is still the same... SOme applications wont connect to Internet when on mobile data. Please help....

7. johmss
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2015

johmss , Oct 5, 2015 :
    This exact same issue made me migrated to COS 12.1.In my case, it wasn't just whatsapp, but pretty much any mobile connection. Did have data, my phone company didn't have issues. Never knew what was it, never solved.

It happened wiith 1.0.3.

Sorry @Henessy , but you'll gonna have to flash another ROM

8. Henessy
    Donut Oct 6, 2015

Henessy , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Thank you @johmss for the reply... What is Flash another ROM meant??
    Was there any update from oneplus or your handset still having the issue??

9. johmss
    Honeycomb Oct 6, 2015

johmss , Oct 6, 2015 :
    You have to delete all your apps and basically, your OS (delete Oxygen).

You have to unlock boorloader, install some software that allows you to replace your OS (I used TWRP), download a new OS (I'm using Cyanogen OS), and follow some instructions that you can find in YouTube and here in the forum. Search "install COS from Oxygen".

I'll post some link later.

Good luck, follow instructions and you'll be fine

10. Henessy
    Donut Oct 6, 2015

Henessy , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Thank You, Will check tht and let you know the outcome...

11. Slatter191
    Lollipop Oct 6, 2015

Slatter191 , Oct 6, 2015 :

Here..

Attached Files:

12. priya.aj
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2017

priya.aj , Jan 3, 2017 :
    I have similar issue. I am unable to download watsapp images and videos when i turn on my mobile data.
    I could download anything in watsapp when WIFI is used. I am using One plus 3.
    I have checked all the setting in watsapp and mobile data. All settings seem to look fine, but not sure why i am unable to download data only from watsapp. I tried un-installing and re-installing watsapp. Still no luck. Any fix is appriciated.