unable to find smart display option in one plus 7 pro after andriod 10 update via OnePlus 7 Pro

2. Caleb Meier
    Eclair Oct 18, 2019

Caleb Meier , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I am a OnePlus 7 Pro user, and essentially the new smart display features are everything that show up on the Ambient display, whether it is music, or other notifications. So by the looks of it, OnePlus may have just condensed the settings in the Ambient display menu, and you already have access to it right there. The Contextual info you have toggled on (which is part of the smart display), and the new notifications option. So if all of that shows up on your Ambient display without having to turn on your device, then you're good.

3. C1571505705124
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

4. AkkerDK
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

AkkerDK , Oct 20, 2019 :
    I don't have a Smart Display option on my OP 7 either.
    What you are saying Caleb Meier I find strange, as the options in Ambient Display is as they always has been, no difference there, so I find it hard to believe what you are saying is right.

5. dhirenpatel22
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

6. Caleb Meier
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

Caleb Meier , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 20, 2019 :
    So I'm not entirely sure what is going on for you guys, but I've been doing some research on it. The OnePlus 7 Pro has the smart display features on it with Android 10. Reading about it, the smart display intelligently displays info based on your location, and people also mentioned other things like displaying music on the Ambient display. But again that is for the 7 Pro. Sorry if I gave the wrong info I'm just trying to be as helpful as I can. The options for the Contextual info and new notifications seem very similar features wise. I also included a picture of the Ambient display settings on the 7 Pro with the Android 10 update. That is why I made the assumption that OnePlus may have just broken up (I originally said condensed, but that wouldn't make any sense in this situation) the smart display features into different settings so that you have the option to only toggle on certain settings. I'm probably wrong, but that is my idea of what is going on. I'd love some updates if anything changes for you guys, because I'm confused too.
    1571591124866.jpg

7. Caleb Meier
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

Caleb Meier , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Update:
    Just got updated to Android 10 on the OnePlus 7 Pro, and I too do not have a smart display option in the Ambient Display menu. I am still getting all the smart display features though. I get notifications on the Ambient display like I wouldn't have on Android 9. The song title for music shows up, and upcoming events. So I'm pretty sure that is what the smart display was, just to show more information on the Ambient display without having to turn on the phone. Unless I am unaware of anything else that the smart display setting did, then that is it. It is the Contextual info setting that gives you the extra features.

1571607453700.jpg
    hope this helps

8. Caleb Meier
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

9. R1560530565259
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

10. Alex [SPAIN]
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

Alex [SPAIN] , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I can't make a thread, so I will try to ask here. Ever since I updated my OP 7 pro to the nex Oxygen OS, I stopped receiving pop-up notifications on Whatsapp, as I cannot enable them. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks

11. Caleb Meier
    Eclair Oct 24, 2019

Caleb Meier , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Alex, I honestly have no idea what is going on with WhatsApp. The only thing I can think of is to try and force-stop the app in settings, but I don't know how it will affect the app. I would recommend to continue trying to create a new forum so that you can get more answers. Your comment is kinda hiding at the bottom of this forum and people probably won't notice it. I wish it could be more of a help!