Unable to link the NORD to red cable club via OnePlus 5

1. jayesh1440
    Donut Aug 3, 2020

jayesh1440 , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Just received the nord but trying to link to device to the red cable club :

1- Firstly it showed that it is linked to another account ( no idea which )

2- Then after a few tries you keep clicking on link no response from the app

Any idea how to solve this issue?

2. Batman360
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2020

Batman360 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Here man, use this, I also had this issue, but resolved usinmg these steps :

1st : Did a factory reset
    2nd : Logged in again to RCC by providing IMEI number but inserted the sim before, this time (idk if this matters but yeah)
    3rd : After setting up the device, I logged in to OnePlus care app and also in the community.
    4th : While going to the settings page and then tapping on the RCC account there, it shows you are a "Link Now" Option, but while tapping on it, it will show error at the device is already linked.
    5th : Logout from your account from there itself i.e. from the setting's RCC account.
    6th : Close settings and remove it frim recents
    7th : Log in again by going to the settings and then RCC account. And this time there won't be any option to "Link now", hence the device is linked.

P.S. There still no 6 months extented warranty option showing in the OnePlus care app, that needs to be checked by them. But the device is linked now.

jayesh1440 likes this.
  3. jayesh1440
    Donut Aug 3, 2020

jayesh1440 , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Thanx man!!
    I'll try the same and keep it posted here if it isn't resolved

4. Batman360
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2020

Batman360 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Yeah sure, there is an official update too from the staff member regarding the same issue, do check it out:

Screenshot_20200803-211148__01.jpg

5. Simran K
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Simran K , Aug 5, 2020 :
    We have got in touch with you for more details to get this issue resolved. Hope your coordination would be in place to get this resolved at the earliest.

6. jayesh1440
    Donut Aug 5, 2020

jayesh1440 , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Thank you Simran.

After updating to the latest updated we were able to link the device .

7. Simran K
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Simran K , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Glad to know that issue got resolved.Please reach out to us for more queries or doubts. We'll be happy to help you.

Regards,
    Simran