unable to Open the Phone to change the battery

1. Ciclosport01
    Donut Aug 2, 2019

Ciclosport01 , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Hi all,

how can I Open the Phone to Change the battery? I removed the screws and used a sucker to pull the Glass up...but nothing Happens...no gap to put in a spudger or so...

heating didn't help.

I have the Sandstone White edition... can this be the reason? Looks like the backcover is really stiff...

regards, mitch

2. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Instead of asking the community, why don't you Google it?
    A small hint. Look at sites like iFixit.

Muhsin_Sultan likes this.
  3. Ciclosport01
    Donut Aug 2, 2019

thats what i did...several Videos...they all say sligthly pulling the glass an using a spudger or Plektron in the opening gap..

but nothing happens when pulling... feels like it's heavily glued...

did the same thing on several iphones (4,5,6) and it wad easy to pull the glass up to get a Gap...

isn't the reason for a community to ask aorund if someone experienced the same and if there are any ideas for a solution?

4. Ray_ofLight
    KitKat Aug 2, 2019

Muhsin_Sultan likes this.
  5. Ciclosport01
    Donut Aug 2, 2019

i have seen the respective one...He uses metall tools...i also tried it this way but i cannot enter between Glass and Backcover...

Main question is If the Design of the frame ist different between Sandstone White and normal edition...

i have a very small Metall Line in the frame..maybe this is the reason for not beeing able to get in...

hast anyone tried to Open a Sandstone White edition?

regards, mitch

6. Horsault
    Moderator Moderator Aug 2, 2019

Horsault , Aug 2, 2019 :
    OnePlus CS can change the battery for you. They'll even be able to rebuild the device after that!

Waveform Modifier likes this.
  7. LegolasX
    KitKat Aug 3, 2019

LegolasX , Aug 3, 2019 :
    reaching to OnePlus would have been way better choice than doing it yourselves.

Waveform Modifier and Android450 like this.