Answered Unable to Send Videos in Messenger

1. G_Seth_nRoY
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018

G_Seth_nRoY , Nov 20, 2018 :
    I am unable to send videos in messenger.

When I hit the "+" sign and click the photos icon, none of my videos appear. If i go through my photos app (google) and try to send it in the messenger, I only get the option to send a link or add the person to a shared album. HELP!!!!!

Why can't i send photos in messenger like i send photos???

2. Gav_W86
    Moderator Moderator Nov 20, 2018

Gav_W86 , Nov 20, 2018 :
    which messenger app?
    the built in SMS/MMS one?
    or facebook/whatsapp/etc etc

G_Seth_nRoY likes this.
  3. G_Seth_nRoY
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018

I am using the Messenger app. I just spoke to customer support on the phone and they said it isn't possible to send video via the messenger app. I have tried a few other 3rd party apps and the only one that worked was Textra, but the quality of the video is horrendous.

4. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Nov 20, 2018 :
    ah - so you are talking SMS/MMS - the maximum file size for MMS is small (from memory its around 300kb) - that is a limit of the tech not the phone/app. Most apps don't bother allowing you to attach video, others have an attempt at compressing the video down, but as you can see you are left with a mess.
    MMS is not really designed for video on modern smartphones, you need to use a modern messaging system like telegram or whatsapp for that.

buntycubal and G_Seth_nRoY like this.
  5. G_Seth_nRoY
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018

Ahh that makes sense. I am just used to the iPhone world where i could easily attach videos and send them. This is my first Android device so still getting used to it. Thanks for the help and confirmation. I will try those other apps!

buntycubal likes this.
  6. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Nov 20, 2018 :
    ah, on iOS it will be using Apple's own iMessage not MMS. Unfortunately that it part of Apple's walled garden.

buntycubal likes this.
  7. G_Seth_nRoY
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018