Unable to Submit Support Ticket -- Seeing Other Users' Names, Email and Cart

1. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

gmack523 , Sep 30, 2014 :
    When I try to submit a support ticket it is failing and when I start all over I see other users' email addresses, names and the items in their carts all auto-filled. I want to let OnePlus know about this but I can't even submit a ticket about that issue . . . hopefully someone from OnePlus reads this and contacts me.

I just want to do an RMA. I am very close to my 14-days running out. Someone please help!

2. majik
    Donut Sep 30, 2014

majik , Sep 30, 2014 :
    Frankly after informing OnePlus customer service that my SIM tray shot out violently and disappeared when I went to change the SIM on my vacation, and having them tell me that they were going to ship a new SIM tray via regular post from China, and having had my phone be useless for six weeks while I waited for the new tray, this does not surprise me.

gmack523 likes this.
  3. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

gmack523 , Sep 30, 2014 :
    I had such high expectations for this phone. Ironically, when I tried to submit a request for return this happened . . . in my opinion, things like this are all the more reason for me to submit a return and get my money back --- potential data breaches are not cool and we shouldn't have to put up with them, whether they be by a third-party or unintentionally by OnePlus during an update, etc.

4. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 30, 2014 :
    Dude...you still don't have the tray? I remember your thread from over a month ago!

Sorry to hear man. It seems like your only solution is to wait till they start coming on other sites for sale :(.

The service from Oneplus is absolutely horrific.

Andreagennari and gmack523 like this.
  5. majik
    Donut Oct 2, 2014

majik , Oct 2, 2014 :
    I finally got the SIM tray the other day, but when I put it in I discovered that the original SIM tray damaged the pins inside the phone when it violently ejected.

I have never seen a SIM tray eject that way. I can only speculate that it must have been warped and under load somehow.

So the phone can't see the SIM and so it's still useless. I need an RMA, but I'm not expecting to get one.

And frankly, after OnePlus's "ladies pics or GTFO" contest debacle I'd be a little ashamed to be seen in public with their product, anyway.

All I want is a replacement I can sell on eBay to recover the costs of the replacement phone I had to buy when I got tired of telling my boss I couldn't be on call because the company I bought my phone from reused to send me a five cent part by commercial courier, even after I offered to pay for the shipping myself.

6. gmack523
    Froyo Oct 2, 2014

gmack523 , Oct 2, 2014 :
    It just keeps getting better and better . . . I was contacted today about my return request and was told to contact my carrier about APN settings, etc. . . . I had even mentioned that I just wanted to do a return . . . so much for no questions asked.

Update: Now they offered to do a remote session to my computer for a Fast boot adjustment. I already have the phone repackaged ... and I don't feel safe opening up my PC to them. I mentioned again that I just wanted a refund and to send the phone back.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Andreagennari likes this.